Downloading episodes

Ernie101

Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody knows where I can download old MS or SS episodes...

Thank you a lot. Drake. :smile:

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
radio boy said:
try
www.kazaa.com

It's a downloading program with alot of FR, MS and SS episodes.
It's also a nice way to give your computer a bad case of spyware; my brother downloaded KaZaa onto the main office computer then later uninstalling it, and it killed Windows Explorer. We couldn't open My Documents or any of our folders, and I think Dad had to reformat the entire harddrive to fix it.

WinMX is good for FR and MS episodes; I haven't tried to get any SS ones. And there's no spyware involved in the installation.

-Kim

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Kim is right, Kazaa is terrible.

Try LimeWire, it's pretty good, a friend of mine has it. A little harder to find Fraggle episodes, but it has some TMS ones. As far as I know there is no spyware, but you could always get a program like Ad Aware to get rid of that stuff.

Ernie101

Reaction score
How long do you think the average downloading time on lime wire and WinMX would be?

Also, is their a certain program I am going to need to be able to watch the episodes once I download them. because I may try downloading one tonight, and I will need to know what to watch them on.

Thanks for all the help.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Depends how fast your connection is, how many hosts, and how big the file is. There's really no average answer.

Ernie101

Reaction score
Alright, it will probally take me awhile.. but it's worth it.

Do you know what I'll need to watch the episode on?

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
It depends on the extension. Large files are usually .avi (divx files) and can be played with a free divx player. You can visit their site to get what you need. And smaller files are usually .mpeg and can be played with QuickTime and the like. What I would actually recommend is the VLC Player. It's the best media player out there IMO, that should handle just about any format you end up with.

Ernie101

Reaction score
Well, I downloaded WinMX and searched, "The Muppet Show" and all they had were albums and music. So.. I don't know what to do.. I'll try LimeWire.. but thank you both for your help.

That Announcer

Reaction score
Don't even bother illegally downloading stuff. I would just search out Time-Life discs and wait for Disney releases of the TMS stuff, and wait for more HIT releases of FR stuff. However, if you do download stuff, I've tried Limewire and found it to be a decent program. So I would go with that one. :smile: