Dr. Rainbrain

LittleChrissy

Reaction score
Boy, that cartoon was so funny! If memory serves me correctly, these were the variations:

The rocket topples over
The rocket takes off 3 seconds too early
The countdown guy takes off

Any I missed, or is that all?

Xerus

Reaction score
There was one where the crowd blasts off instead.

The rocket top springs a leak and water gushes all over everyone.

The rocket takes off at 7 and the countdown guys shouts. "Come back! I haven't finished counting yet!" and the rocket returns. Once he finishes, the rocket topples over everyone.

And the rocket finally blasts off right and the crowd cheers.

I believe this animation was done by Al Brodax. The guy who did Yellow Submarine.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
On what SS shows did you see these animated segments?
And I thought you were talking about a sketch where the Count's counting down the launch of his own bat rocket built by a rocket scientist AM, and the rocket doesn't take off because the Count made it that way for him to count down as many times as he wanted.

Xerus

Reaction score
The Count said:
On what SS shows did you see these animated segments?
And I thought you were talking about a sketch where the Count's counting down the launch of his own bat rocket built by a rocket scientist AM, and the rocket doesn't take off because the Count made it that way for him to count down as many times as he wanted.
Those cartoons were mainly aired during the 70s.

And I remember that rocket the Count and his scientist, Prof. Rainbrain made. When the Count explained his real reason for the rocket. The scientist went mad and ran around the room screaming while the Count activated the countdown again in Transylvanish.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
That's always been one of my favorite forgotten sketches with my namesake.
Xerus, is Professor Rainbrain the correct name of that mad scientist character? If so, could you please describe what he looks like? Would love to finally add this one to the listings.
Thanks for your help and have a good night.

Censored

Reaction score
That was a great Count skit. The animated Rocket Guy was much earlier. I believe it started in the first season. The little man would count down to blast off in several skits, only one proving successful. After some of the skits where the rocket failed, Carol Burnette would flash on and say, "Well, back to the old drawing book." I loved it when Sesame Street was an educational/entertaining show for children instead of a psychological study.

Xerus

Reaction score
The Count said:
That's always been one of my favorite forgotten sketches with my namesake.
Xerus, is Professor Rainbrain the correct name of that mad scientist character? If so, could you please describe what he looks like? Would love to finally add this one to the listings.
Thanks for your help and have a good night.
Professor Rainbrain was a purple muppet with shaggy hair. Can't really remember the color of the hair though. He had crooked googly eyes. lots of missing teeth. Wore a lab coat. And was voiced by Frank Oz. Almost sounded like Bert.

I hope this helps you and have a good night. :smile:

Xerus

FreddyTheDragon

Reaction score
Does anyone have pictures or screen caps of this skit? I'd be grateful!

superfan

Reaction score
I have the Sesame Sesame Street Book of Numbers (you can find it on toughpigs.com) and the rocket sketch is illustrated (the one where therocket falls over) near the end of the book. Sadly, I don't have the toys to scan or download it for you.
Side note: For the life of me, I DO NOT remember that skit at all, even after looking at the pics!! :stick_out_tongue:

Soul H

Reaction score
Dr. Rainbrain's hair colour was pale-ghost white.

Xerus said:
Professor Rainbrain was a purple muppet with shaggy hair. Can't really remember the color of the hair though. He had crooked googly eyes. lots of missing teeth. Wore a lab coat. And was voiced by Frank Oz. Almost sounded like Bert.

I hope this helps you and have a good night. :smile:

Xerus