Dr.Teeth and the Time Before the Mayhem

fictionalnice

Reaction score
A/N: I'm back with a new chappy! Hope you'll love it! Please comment! Enjoy!
Ch.13​

Lip’s jumped forward quickly and caught Zoot before he fell to the ground. “What the?!” Dr. Teeth shouted out as Lips proceeded to gently carry Zoot to the couch. “what happened?” Shrugging Lips sat near Zoot’s head

“I don’t know…he just…passed out.” Janice picked up the phone off of the ground and put it to her ear “Hmm…Well, whoever it, like, was hung up.” She hung up the phone as Floyd offered “Why don’t we just continue the story. Zoot can tell us what happened when he wakes up.”

Every halfheartedly agreed and once again Floyd, Janice, Kermit, Lips, and Dr. Teeth took their seats. Floyd had sent animal out back to hang with Gonzo. So, worried about Zoot they continued.

~~~~~~​

“I can’t believe you would say that!!!” Zoot laughed as they walked out of class together, Eugene just grinned ignoring the looks he was receiving “I can’t help myself! He’s just so easy!” T

hey continued down the hall in silence for a while, until Zoot noticed everyone giving Eugene weird looks, as though he were diseased or had personally done something to each one of them “What the heck is everyone staring at!” he exclaimed looking around infuriated.

Eugene shook his head and patted Zoot on the shoulder “Nothing, don’t worry about it.” Zoot groaned but nodded, but it still got on his nerves. The day progressed very slowly and soon the two of them found themselves at lunch.

“This isn’t so bad.” Zoot commented biting an apple, Eugene smiled “Knock on wood for god sakes man! Don’t jinx us before the day is out.” “Well, well, well.” A new voice spoke, Eugene groaned “Oh for the love of annoyance.”

Zoot turned around in his seat, Wayne smiled as Zoot looked between him and Eugene “Hello there, I’m Wayne.” He greeted extending a hand to Zoot, Zoot on the other hand cocked an eyebrow “Ok…and I care why?” Wayne scowled “I have heard a lot about you, but let me ask you. Why are you hanging out with metal mouth freak here?”

Zoot was appalled, but decided to play it cool “Well I prefer to hang out with someone my one species.” Zoot forced himself not to laugh as he heard Eugene chuckle into his hand, the look on Wayne’s face was priceless Zoot continued “Now if you don’t mind, we’re trying to have lunch.” Wayne clenched a fist and glared “How dare you?!” he huffed and jabbed Zoot in the chest “You pathetic little-”

“WAYNE!!” a girl shouted pushing him away from them, “Like, cut it out!” Wayne fasted both hands by his sides and snapped “Stay out of it Janice!” Eugene grinned his braces gleaming in the light, so that was her name, the girl he saw in the halls, Janice.

She wore a white spaghetti strap crop top with a peace sign in pink on it, blue bell bottom jeans, white sneakers, and plenty of bracelets, and her blond hair was tied up “What’s you problem? Just leave them alone! What have they ever done to you anyway?”

Wayne frowned and looked back toward the two who just sat their grinning like cheetahs. “You’re lucky.” He warned, but Janice just snapped putting her hands on her hips “GO!” with one last glare Wayne stalked off. Janice sighed and turned toward Zoot and Eugene

“Hey, I’m sorry about him, he can be a real jerk.” Zoot was silent, but Eugene just waved a hand “You mean stuck up? Yeah, I’ve noticed.” Janice held out a hand to Eugene “I’m Janice! I’ve seen you around the school, but we’ve never met before! Well, I mean like, properly!” Eugene laughed “I’m Eugene miss Janice.”

Zoot wasn’t mad, he was aw struck, this girl was so beautiful, and when she turned toward him to shake hands in an introduction “Hi! You must be new! I’m Janice!” Zoot paled considerably, and stood up he shook her hand unable to speak, so Eugene introduced him for him

“that’s Zoot. Just started today.” Janice smiled “Nice to meet you!” as Zoot looked away blushing, she turned to Eugene and asked “So, why does Wayne hate you so much?” Eugene grinned and shrugged “He’s just jealous because his crush Wanda is head over heels for me and not him.”

She put a hand on her hip “Still, that’s not right for him to be so like, mean.” Eugene nodded “Yeah, I can handle him though.” She smiled and looked back toward her friends who were calling her over and said “I have to go. Catch you later, ok?” “Alright.” Eugene smiled and waved her off. Zoot cleared his throat looking flustered and caught sight of Eugene just grinning cockily at him “What?!”

“Oh nothing! Nothing!” Eugene shouted out in a sly tone, Zoot decided to change the subject “Let’s get to gym class.”

~~~~~~~~​

Zoot moaned lightly interrupting the story; he rolled onto his side and slowly sat up, helped by Lips, to find everyone staring at him with deep seeded concern. Dr. Teeth immediately asked as Zoot looked around confused “Are you ok?”

he just shook his head, not wanting to answer. Lips frowned and put a hand on his shoulder gently “Talk to us Zoot…we can help you.” Floyd agreed as he felt Janice cling to him in worry “Yeah man, you’ll drive yourself nuts holding it in!” Zoot sighed but agreed, they’d find out anyway and besides he was tired.

“The phone rang and it was…” he paused sharing a look with Dr. Teeth “My mom.” Dr. Teeth was the only one, who truly understood, and he grew wide eyed and jaw dropped, while everyone else asked in confusion not getting why this was a big deal “That’s great Zoot! What did she want?” Janice asked eagerly.

But Zoot grew quiet and folded his arms over his chest and muttered “Never mind…just continue.”

~~~~~~~~​

The day progressed slowly, but Zoot and Eugene got through it together, cracking jokes and trying to have fun. They soon found themselves at their lockers packing up the books they will need for homework.

“Man, what a day!” Eugene complained, shutting his locker and leaning up against it. Watching Zoot pile stuff into his lockers, Zoot agreed leaning up to put his science book away “Not as bad as I thought though.”

Eugene was about to say something, but Zoot’s shirt had rode up a little when he reached up and he spied a large dark purple bruise. On his side, taking a step forward he gently grabbed the hem of Zoot’s shirt and pulled it up to reveal the bruise was huge! But before he could look at it Zoot yanked his shirt down and spun around slamming his locker shut

“What are you doing?” he demanded, but Eugene shook his head “Zoot, what happened? That’s a horrible bruise!” Zoot shrugged it off “It’s nothing got hurt moving last night. Slammed right into the kitchen counter, it really sucked man.” Eugene nodded as the two of them began to walk out of the school “That does suck, gotta be more careful.”

A/N: OH no! What's up with Zoots mom!? What will happen between Janice and Zoot? When is Floyd comming in!? Why am I asking all the questions that I know the answers to!?! Stay tuned for a brand new chappy next thursday!! or sooner it all depends! Hope you loved it!

fictionalnice

Reaction score
A/N: Sorry that took so long! I really hate these pauses, but I underestimated college...anyway! I hope you love this chappy! leave comments please! I luvs them! Enjoy!!
Ch. 14

Eugene noticed the next few days that Zoot became slightly distant. But they were still good friends, becoming closer all the time. One chilly Saturday afternoon Eugene and Zoot sat on the floor in Zoot’s small room leaning over basic math text books. “I hate fractions!” Zoot complained loudly scratching furiously on a piece of spare paper. Eugene looked over the top of his glasses as Zoot asked throwing his arms up “I don’t get this! What does greatest common factor mean!?”

Crawling closer to Zoot Eugene looked at his wrong answers and gently corrected him “GCF, or greatest common factor of two basic numbers is the largest number that can be divided evenly into those two numbers.” Zoot stared at him incredulously “What?!” Eugene wasn’t stupid he got very good grades in school, always have, his favorite subject was math. And boy was he good at it.

Sighing he grabbed his notebook and began to write out a few examples “Here it’s like this-” just as he was in the middle of the third example they both heard the front door slam very loudly. Zoot jumped and looked over at the clock on the wall, then got up and put a cassette of the beetles in turning up the volume a little, as loud bellowing arguing crept up the stairs.

Zoot didn’t even seem fazed by it, but Eugene was tempted to open the door and find out why his parents were arguing. “Uh Zoot…why are your parents so upset?” He shrugged leaning over his worksheets, “The usual, work, bills, and their marriage…just stuff.” Eugene closed his math book

“Are they getting divorced?” Zoot looked up at him tapping his pencil on his notepad “Probably not. The word divorce has been thrown around so much I don’t think they ever separate.” He was holding something back, Eugene could tell but he didn’t pressure him about it.

Instead they continued to work in silence, only this time it was an awkward, and very uncomfortable considering the vicious shouting coming from downstairs. Zoot groaned and stood up again turning up the volume even louder as they could plainly here his name being thrown around. “ZOOT!!! ZOOT!!! TURN OFF THAT CRAP!!!” Zoot chose to ignore the sound of his father’s voice, and the look Eugene was giving him.

“ZOOT! GET DOWN HERE NOW!!!” came his father’s voice as footsteps thundered up the stairs. Crossing his arms over his chest Zoot mumbled to Eugene “You should go…” Eugene nodded tempted to say something as he opened his mouth several times, but in the end he just stood, collected his items and headed for the door “See you later man.” Eugene jumped when he opened Zoot’s door to find Simon standing their fuming, Simon studied him as though offended by the teen’s presence.

Eugene nodded at him “Sir.” And crept passed him trying not to feel worried. So begrudgingly he made his way home

~~~~~~~~

“So your mamma and pop never really got along?” Floyd asked, as Janice laid her head on his shoulder. Zoot nodded, looking distant, but Dr. Teeth scoffed “That’s putting it mildly.” Zoot shot him a nasty look, which Dr. Teeth ignored, “Aw…I’m sorry Zoot.” Janice apologized looking very sympathetic toward the unusual, confusing saxophonist. Kermit nodded “Yes, what hap-” but Zoot cut him off as he stood up facing Dr. Teeth “Um… can we talk?” taken back Dr. Teeth nodded none the less, and stood following Zoot out into the rarely ever empty kitchen.

“What’s wrong?” He asked as Zoot stared intently at the shiny, yet worn and scratched floor “I can’t do this anymore Eugene…I-I, it was hard enough back then! I just…it’s too painful…I don’t want them to pity me… and…I’m tired.” Dr. Teeth frowned sadly, knowing full well that Zoot wasn’t talking about sleeping. Taking a step closer he wrapped a long arm around Zoot

“Zoot, I know this must be hard for you…and…I apologize. But, keeping something like this inside, it does stuff to you. It really does! It’ll eat you out until you drive yourself crazy. But, if you talk to someone who loves you and get it out and clear, then I promise you will feel better.”

He paused, as Zoot slowly turned to stare at him intently as though searching for a hidden clue that would tell him he was being lied to, he seemed to find nothing. “No one is going to pity you, or think any less of you. But, like our lovable, therapeutic animal, you will now be understanded my friend.” Sighing Zoot seemed almost annoyed “Your right…again.” Dr. Teeth grinned madly and sneered cockily “Oh dear Zoot! I’m always right!”

Zoot smiled softly before it vanished from sight and he decided to mention something new “Earlier…when I fainted…someone called me…and. It was my…” Zoot trailed off fidgeting with the hem of his t-shirt before he spoke in a cracked voice “It was my mother.” Dr. Teeth was very good at putting on his best poker face, and showing little to no emotion. Which came with practice, so he did just that to keep himself from throwing something and instead asked “What did she want?”

Zoot seemed surprised that Dr. Teeth was this calm, but spoke anyway in a cautious tone “She told me that my dad was crazy and he would do…well…anything to get his dough back…so she said to be careful…and she said…she…” Dr. Teeth gently pulled Zoot into a hug, noticing he was becoming very chocked up. Zoot didn’t know how much he needed this until he had it, and clung to Dr. Teeth as though he were his life line. After a few short minutes of standing in this comforting position Zoot mumbled “She said she was sorry.”

Pulling away Dr. Teeth reassured him “Don’t worry about all that right now Zoot. And your dad may be crazy but there’s no way he would come here. Your safe…” he added at the skeptical look plastered on Zoot’s face

“And if he does show up, I’m sure animal would LOVE to meet him!” Zoot smiled and chuckled softly, but still looked troubled, putting his arm back around Zoot Dr. Teeth added “And for your mamma…I don’t have any easy answers…just wait and see what comes of it. If she really mean it, she’ll try to contact you again.”

Zoot huffed and playfully pushed him away “I’m sick of you always being right!” laughing Dr. Teeth gestured to the living room “Come on man, in the words of Floyd, let’s not beat feet. Break time is over buddy!” Feeling a little better Zoot followed Dr. Teeth back to the living room.

fictionalnice

Reaction score
Thanks! I have one more written chapter! But thats not the end! Lots more to come!