1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

DragonCon 2015

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by theSHE124, Aug 12, 2015.

1. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

Is anyone going to DragonCon this Labor Day weekend at Atlanta? I found out that Caroll Spinney and Steve Whitmire are gonna be there! :wisdom::coy: I'll ask my friends & family about it...

2. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

You know Kathy and I will be there.

Leslie Carrera-Rudolph will also be at D*C. I saw her when she was a guest a few years ago. I talked with her after a panel, and she was a sweetheart.

The Count likes this.
  3. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

I know, right? She's also caring, too. I noticed that when she did the Wake Up Your Weird improv show back at the Center.

4. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know when Steve and Cheryl Henson will be there?

5. Rugratskid

Rugratskid Active Member

I'm really curious as to which character(s) Steve will bring with him, if any. It would still be amazing if Steve didn't bring anyone, but if he does bring a character or 2 along, I hope Wembley makes an appearance (doubt it, but it would be amazing). Why can't this be at the beginning of October, after my birthday? :( Seeing Caroll would also be fantastic, I hope someone brings a camera along. :coy:

6. I wish I could go this year! These are the Muppet/Henson-related guests I've seen listed:
    Steve Whitmire
    Caroll Spinney
    Cheryl Henson
    Leslie Carrara-Rudolph
    Pam Arciero
    Tyler Bunch
    Karen Falk
    Debbie McClellan
    Kirk Thatcher
    I'll also mention Terry Jones for his connection to Labyrinth.

7. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Well-Known Member

I couldn't be more excited about it! I remember Leslie, also, from a few years back, and I'm excited to see that she'll be there again! The official DragonCon app is out now for anyone who wants to browse the panel schedules and favorite some of them. It looks like the puppetry guests are really all doing a lot of panels, so there are lots of chances to see and interact with them.

8. antsamthompson9

Can you please tell us the panel schedules for people who don't have the ability to download the app?

9. antsamthompson9

Caroll, Leslie, Pam, and Tyler will be at the con on Friday the 4th. Sadly that's all I'm gonna see, cause my dad can't afford everything I wanna see.

10. AndyWan Kenobi

11. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

I deeply regret reading the schedule. Why on earth was I born on the other side of the planet when all the awesome stuff is happening in Atlanta? Life can be cruel sometimes....

12. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

You're not the only one, JimFrank. I'm not even sure if I'll go this year. My older sister's living a new marriage life, & I don't know of anyone else I trust that has the time. What's the point of going at it alone when you have no one special to share with? :cry:

13. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

So how did it go? Who went? What's the story???

14. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

I hope someone asked Debbie McClellan about the Muppet Show Season 4 and 5 DVDs...

15. antsamthompson9

She said that not only the music rights have to be cleared but, the musicians who are still alive have to be paid too. I only saw one panel with Steve, so did anyone ask Steve if he's not doing Ernie anymore? Here's some video of the panel with Steve that I was at: , , , ,

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
    Duke Remington likes this.
  16. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

I thought so.

I hope that she reassured everyone that the company knows that the entire world wants the remaining Muppet Show seasons on DVD (as well as other old school Muppet material like the complete Muppets Tonight series, the Tales from Muppetland specials, etc.) and that they're still working on them.

It also would've been nice if any of the panel attendees had asked Steve about the Flanderizations of Kermit, Piggy and their relationship and reassuring everyone that they're working to undo the Flanderizations and bring their original complexities back.

17. antsamthompson9

She said they want people to keep asking about the last two seasons of TMS, because they want to release them.

18. Iscah

Iscah Active Member

I'm hoping that the success of the new show will make one of the Australian cons want to host some Muppet guests. Fingers crossed.

JimAndFrank likes this.
  19. antsamthompson9

Here's another video from the panel:

20. AndyWan Kenobi

It really was an incredible event. Kermit was a huge surprise, especially in the first panel that Steve brought him out for. There was an audible gasp from the crowd, and everything became ELECTRIC! I jumped the microphone during question time because it was right next to me and I wanted to make sure to talk to Kermit. I ended up asking him whether it had gotten any easier over the years being green. Kermit said he'd been in a support group for it, and it had gotten easier--at least for him. Funny answer, but really all I was thinking was I TALKED TO KERMIT! Steve was so great during all four of his panels, and Caroll and his wife were lovely and amazing as well. All of the puppetry track guests, including Leslie Carrara-Rudolph, Tyler Bunch, and Pam Arciero, were fantastic, funny, and generous with their time. Amazing weekend!