Dreams about Muppets...

Fluffets

Reaction score
I just dreamt that there was a MuppetFest where fans who were also puppeteers joined up together doing renditions of classic muppet songs. Among them was my Puppet Troupe teaming up with a bunch of others in a rendition of Happiness Hotel. man, that would be so much fun!
Yeah that would be awesome, I imagine a lot of members here would go, I'd go if it was more nearby.:stick_out_tongue: Oh wait..... It doesen't exist,DRAT!:eek: Of course I think there probably is some sort of similiar puppetry event somewhere.:wisdom: And I have read a bit about a real muppetfest, there REALLY needs to be another because that would be awesome.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Yeah that would be awesome, I imagine a lot of members here would go, I'd go if it was more nearby.:stick_out_tongue: Oh wait..... It doesen't exist,DRAT!:eek: Of course I think there probably is some sort of similiar puppetry event somewhere.:wisdom: And I have read a bit about a real muppetfest, there REALLY needs to be another because that would be awesome.
Too true. These are very awesome ideas.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Apparently in this cool dream, Richard Hunt and Jim Henson traveled forward in time and I traveled back in time to 2005, where we were filming a TV special on 50 years of the Muppets. It was hosted by Richard Hunt and me (and I'm guessing I was more famous in this dream than in reality) and it began with us being serious, like in most documentaries, until we went off script and said how "un-Muppety" reading off the teleprompter was. After that, we had a bit of a script, but it had a lot of ad-libbing involved.

I don't remember too much of it. (I think that it would be about an hour long, although I had to wake up for school. :stick_out_tongue:) But I remember two scenes where Richard and I were interviewing different Muppets, and one of of those scenes involved was both of us interviewing Oscar about what we can expect in the upcoming season of Sesame Street, to which he responded, "Lot's of trash, and not the good kind." :grouchy:

In the other, I was asking Don Music about what he will be performing later in the TV special, and at one point the two of us were singing a duet of the song "Rainbow Connection". (Kermit and Debbie Harry were better, though)

Other than that I don't remember much except for many other Muppet cameos from almost every Henson production ever. Also, at one point, Richard walked onstage in the Sweetums costume. :big_grin:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Cool dream, Gelfling Girl - and that probably would have happened in real life. Richard would have found some way to throw in a few smart-alecky ad-libs amid the scripted stuff.

And that MuppetCast episode is one of the best, I think - it's got its laugh-inducing moments, but it's also capable of making people misty-eyed...like one of those stories that Frank shared.

And speaking of Oscar, I'm reminded of his appearance at the SST 40th anniversary event back in January - it was hysterical!

muppets2

Reaction score
well i dont rember that much but i was wacthing kermit talk about a new movie and my cell phone rang and i woke up :mad:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I had two Muppet-related dreasm in one (I don't remember waking up and going back to sleep).

First, I dreamt that I had a collection of small plush/ beanbag Muppet Babies dolls. The collection included every recurring Muppet Baby except for Bean Bunny, but it also included two non-MB characters, Link Hogthrob and Crazy Harry. And I had some bigger Nanny doll, and I can't remember what kind of technique was used to avoid giving her a head, but I feel like something was done to cover that area (maybe it was a Nanny version of a leg lamp). And all of the dolls resemble their MTM puppet counterparts (or how they would have looked in puppet form, in the case of those not in that sequence).

And then my dream changed to me dreaming that I saw some Sesame Street sketches that, in this ficticious dream universe, I had "forgotten" about until seeing them. I was "reminded" about them by seeing three at sesamestreet.org, but instead of having Sesame Stree characters, they had Bunsen and Beaker... Only in these sketches, Beaker was portraye dby a human actor, and wasn't a puppet. But in my mind I figured these would have been froms eason 24, since that's the only season Dave Goelz performed in (and Whitmire hadn't taken over as Ernie yet).

hoopless

Reaction score
I had 2 dreams last night. The first one I was badly puppeteering some poorly made Bert and Ernie puppets out in a town centre somewhere so people could draw them or something like that.

The second one I was Russell Brand's PA and had to book in to a hotel and check his room for him and on my way up to it I met Steve Whitmire and naturally asked him about why he's not doing Kermit recently. He told me it was so he could concentrate on a bunch of other smaller characters and he felt it time to pass on the reins but he didn't pick Artie. Then I got all emotional while thanking him for being my childhood's Kermit.

end :smile:

Nekoshema

Reaction score
this may sound random but does anyone know what jim henson's house looked like? i've had a reoccurring dream once a year where i'm running through a swamp or forest or something and i come across this cabin, i go inside and there's muppets all over the walls [among other things] at one point, from out of a back room come Jim Henson with kermit, he invites me to sit down and we talk about what's happened in life since the last time i had the dream, at one point we walk out onto the porch and i begin to ask about a muppet or a muppeteer [at one point he always reminds me richard hunt is gone because i think i see him in the distance and i try to run after him] anyway, right before i wake up, he'll put his cup of coffee down, give me a hug and say 'take care, i'll meet you here next year' and i wake up.

now, i never knew where he lived, or what the house looked like, but i just heard in an interview he lived in the woods, if anyone knows of a picture of jim henson's house, could you tell me, just to see if it's the same one from my dream? [it's probably not, but a lot of my dreams have a way of predicting the future or something]