1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Dreams about Muppets...

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by punkNpuppets, Nov 1, 2002.

1. Zoot the Saxer Active Member

Yeah, of course I've had a dream or two about the Muppets!
    A few months ago, I had one where Gonzo was leading Piggy and Kermit through some kind of peaceful river...and then he fell in. All of a sudden, the whole gang was in captivity of the Queen of England, who promptly began to toss them all out of a high window. Floyd yelled, "Who do you think you are, tossing us out of a window like that?", unaware of the fact that she indeed was the queen. "I'm the Queen of England!" she retorted, and then they began to make some kind of human chain so they wouldn't fall...that's about it. By far one of the weirdest - and awesomest - dreams I've ever had. :sleep::D
    LeahXZoot4Evur likes this.
  2. muppet maniac Well-Known Member

Had another last night...

While staying at a hotel, I decided to go for a walk outside. Once I opened the door, I turned left and spotted a broom closet, where I saw Fozzie peek his head out of, apparently in the middle of a shower, asking me if there's an extra bar of soap anywhere.

Later that day, I came back to my room to look up Muppet stuff online on my computer, and I read that another set of old Sesame Street episodes (volume 3) had just been added to Itunes. And then that was when I woke up. Darn.:(
  3. Powerstars Active Member

I'm so sorry that your dream isn't real.
  4. muppet maniac Well-Known Member

I had yet another rather crazy - and I mean crazy! - Muppet dream last night. It involved me, Fozzie and Oscar at a bus station on our way to somewhere. I don't remember where exactly we were going, or everything else that happened since then, but several hours later, we found ourselves in the basement of a house owned by a family of ugly, pink, stringy-haired, pear-shaped, long-necked, human-like creatures. These guys had a funny way of walking, constantly bumping into things and even bonking each other on the head at times. They talked in some sort of nonsense language (sounded like faux British) and looked like a cross between a kooshball, a worn out rubber chicken and Boobah --- don't ask; this was exactly how it was.

It turned out that these weirdos were holding us hostage, because apparently we did something to tick them off --- I don't know what exactly, but it must have involved messing around with their property. One of the "pinkies" (the father, I suspect) took out a baseball bat and we could tell right away that his (as well as the others') eyes spelled murder, so my Muppet friends and I ran like shell, up out of the basement, into the living room and out into the backyard being chased by these raging loonies, all armed with rolling pins, crowbars and paddles.

We were trying to find a way out; we couldn't climb the fence, because it was too high, and the gate leading to the front yard was locked (and we couldn't go back inside either, because some of the creatures were in there as well). Fozzie suggested that we dig our way out, but that would take forever. Oscar then noticed a small tool shed nearby, so we hid in there. Unfortunately, we learned that the tool shed was not a good place to hide, because inside the tool shed was a hornet's nest, so we ran out, only to find ourselves caught and cornered by the pink brigade. But then a lion shows up to save the day. Well, not really a lion, but rather a man dressed up in a lion costume. And in a diaper too. Again, don't ask. And he didn't come to our rescue either (although he did save us from impending doom). Instead, he showed up to attack the pink people, giving them noogies, tackling them to the ground, kicking them all in the hindquarters, hitting them with rubber mallets...at one point, a goose and a deer, and even a turtle showed up and joined in the fight.

I know, I know, it was just too weird, even I couldn't believe it. But fortunately, me, Fozzie and Oscar managed to escape safe and sound.

Man, I gotta stop eating large dinners before bedtime. :crazy::p
    beakerboy12 likes this.
  5. Hubert Well-Known Member

I had a dream last night that all the Fraggles were living in my house. I was a Fraggle hanging out with the Fraggle Five in my bedroom. We were talking about some Fraggle named "Gags" who was supposed to do something or afraid of something (I can't remember quite exactly what was going on there). So Red and me said that we were going to go and help Gags with this. So we found Gags (who was in my bathroom), and took him to do this task and get over his fear, then we returned back to the bathroom, now bored. We then heard that there was an emergency located in the Gorg's garden, (my backyard), so we quietly went out to help.

Then suddenly I changed back into human, Red and Gags disappeared, and my family and a bunch of other people were standing around waiting for filming of some Gorg scenes to start. I was talking to my dad about where/when/how the Gorg crew would come in, as a large man came into the yard, who we assumed must be inside a Gorg. Then I woke up.
  6. MissMusical12 Well-Known Member

I had this one dream recently where the members of Electric Mayhem and I went to go see "Rock of Ages" on Broadway.:D:sing::flirt::cool::halo: So at one point, we were walking around Broadway and they notice the Spider Man musical. And Animal is like "SPIDER MAN!!! SPIDER MAN!!!" That's all I can really remember from the dream....
    LeahXZoot4Evur likes this.
  7. muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

Wow! I had that dream you had too, while I was sleeping with an awful headache last night. Thank you, MissMusical12!
  8. MissMusical12 Well-Known Member

You're welcome! :super:
  9. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Last night I dreamt that I learned there was an actor/celebrity who looked like Lips. While he was white and had open eyes, he had the wild yellow hair, as well as purple eye make-up and violet paint on his nose, in addition to dressing like Lips.
  10. MissMusical12 Well-Known Member

Does he play trumpet like Lips? :)
  11. FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

I had dozens of Muppet dreams. Here are the dreams I remembered.

. A Sesame Street segment with Pferd and Wolle (from the German Sesamstrasse) singing how they are two of a kind (in English).

. Fozzie and Rowlf moving into their bedroom of their apartment with rats.

. In a light reddish-pink background, about 4 to 5 monsters (including Boppity and Miss Kitty) run northeast in a line. The 1969-1992 Sesame Street closing music was playing in the background. Boppity (who's in last of the line) stops in the middle of the screen and looks in the camera. Boppity then says, "Sesame is a production of the Children's Television Workshop." He was performed by Steve Whitmire (using his Marlon Fraggle voice).

. A new year's special that's similar to The Muppets: A Celebration of Thirty Years, but it aired in 1992. It took place in the ballroom with tables. The characters I remember appearing were Kermit, Miss Piggy, Gonzo, Rizzo, Bunsen, Beaker, Lew Zealand, Boppity, and Baskerville. There was a special guest appearance by the cast of Dinosaurs, in which they appeared in the TV monitor. When the ball dropped in the ballroom, everyone shouted "Happy New Year!!!" Near the end of the special, the Muppets were all singing a song thats similar to "Faces That I Love" from Sesame Street Stays Up Late.

. A medieval special from the 1990's in which Kermit and Miss Piggy wrestling in front of an audience (which included Boppity, another Frackle, AM Monsters, AM Muppets, Whatnots). As Miss Piggy won the match, the audience cheered and applauded. In the next scene, Elmo, Nigel the Conductor and Lew Zealand are being added to the audience. The Count, Ernie, and maybe others came to the stage singing a song that's similar to "Toorah Loorah". Kermit felt uncomfortable.

There's plenty more dreams to come.
  12. PanthraDion Well-Known Member

Well, I am not sure if you would completely call this a dream, because it was a dream with just music, but the song that was playing was Rainbow Connection.
  13. Monstermaster New Member

My Muppet dreams usually involve me paying a visit to the Muppet studio or the Jim Henson's creature shop and getting to see all these characters being made.

I recall that the inside of the creature shop in the dream reminded me of Willy Wonka's chocolate factory only with muppet-like characters.
    CaseytheMuppet likes this.
  14. Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

I had a dream similar to Follow That Bird, only with Robin replacing Big Bird.
    FrackleFan2012 likes this.
  15. Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

That's interesting. I actually came up with a different version of FTB that replaced the Sesame gang with characters from TMS (including Robin replacing Big Bird). Among others, Sweetums replaced Snuffy, Gonzo and Rizzo replaced Ernie and Bert, Animal replaced Cookie Mosnter, and Link Hogthrob replaced Grover.
  16. FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

Wow! Came you describe anything else you remember about you're dream?
  17. tutter_fan Well-Known Member

Just had a dream about Newsie. It was either last night or the night before. I was hanging out with him, and I thought it was hilarious. For some strange reason NO violence was bestowed upon him during the entire dream. He's someone I would like to hang out with.
    newsmanfan and FrackleFan2012 like this.
  18. FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

Here's more other dreams I had.

. One dream was that when I was searching up on Muppet Wiki, they said they Uncle Deadly appeared in a 1980 episode of Sesame Street. I was confused when I found this. :smirk:

. Another dream was that I was watching a never-before seen episode of The Ghost of Faffner Hall. In a light blue background, Riff was watching a performance from a female singer who looked liked one of the members of En Vogue.

She performed with a bunch of Muppets including Kermit the Forg (the tall grey SS monster), Harvey Beaver, Gabe the Squirrel, and woodland animals playing trumpets and saxophones. The Muppet band was set up like this, http://www.swingremix.com/images/photos/CabCallowayOrchestra_waldorf_web.jpg but with more stands than this photo. Riff was sitting on a stand opposite from where the Muppet band was playing.

The camera zooms out to see more Muppets watching including the iguana from the Earth Day Special, a penguin, and Floyd Pepper. (Yes, Floyd! :sing: That was a big surprise to me. The main Muppet Show characters usually appear in episodes of Faffner Hall.)
    And then, I woke up.

. Another dream I had was that I was watching a 1984 episode of the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson. It had Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy (wearing similar clothes she wore in the April 2, 1979 appearance but more pinker and more feathers on her hat), and the Fraggle Five as guest stars.

Johnny was interviewing them and the Fraggles started to sing a song. They stayed in their places during the song. Then, Boober went to a scene with gold all over the background. I didn't know what Boober was saying but he wanted Mokey and Wembley to go with Boober and so Wembley, Mokey, and Boober left the interview.

Then, after that, Johnny said "And then there were four." Kermit, Miss Piggy, Red, and Gobo were still left.

There's also one part of the show were Johnny was interviewing Droop (in his sweater from The Muppets Valentine Show). Kermit and Miss Piggy were there during this interview.

That's all I remembered about this dream.

I'll tell you more of my dreams later.
  19. Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

I had one the other night. I was watching the series finale ("Food") of the JHH, but much of it (namely sets and production values) looked nothing like the usual JHH episodes. In fact, the sets looked rather cheap, sort of like the backstage sets in "Muppet Classic Theater", which lead me to believe I was watching a direct-to-video special. The picture quality was just as fuzzy as the copy of the episode that I have. I only remember a few Muppets showing up, namely Kermit, Fozzie (possibly), and a whatnot who was in charge of pulling the curtains. What would curtains be doing in the JHH control room? Like I said, the set looked very different. The only parts that I can really remember are Kermit telling others to get ready for the show, and the unnamed whatnot having trouble with the curtain.
  20. FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

Last night, I had a dream where I was watching a French-dubbed, Black & White version of where Kermit does Animal drawings (taken from Wow! You're a Cartoonist).
    The video started out with The Muppet Show intro (from Season 5), which is re-dubbed. The female and male chorus voices sounded more like the English versions.

That's all I remember about that dream.