1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website, official apps and the WinAmp Media Player. Learn More

Dismiss Notice
  3. "Muppet Guys Talking" Debuts On-line
    Watch the inspiring documentary "Muppet Guys Talking", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppet release of the year.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

Dreams about Muppets...

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by punkNpuppets, Nov 1, 2002.

1. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Last night I had a dream I was watching the "Getting Ready to Read" VHS. When it got to the song "Fat Cat", the background was purple instead of dull white (like the "None Some All" song), and the quality was so bad, the characters almost blended into the color of the background. During the final verse, the background changed to a purple curtain and the characters just stuck their heads out and said their words normally. After Bip's last interruption, the screen faded out then back in, with the ending music to "I Just Adore Four" playing and a Jerry Nelson voice saying "Ladies and gentlemen, Little Jerry and the Monotones!" While the characters were bowing and there was the same audience cheering sound playing that was used in the previously mentioned song for the "Learning about Numbers" VHS. I was very confused when I heard the announcer mis-label them.

I've been sick as a dog this entire week though, so that's probably what caused it.

scooterfan360 likes this.
  2. ConsummateVs

ConsummateVs Well-Known Member

I had a dream last night where my brother and I were watching some non-Muppet movie (can't remember what it was about) that had Kermit as a guest star in it, but he sounded nothing like himself (he sounded like someone doing a REALLY bad Kermit impression).

scooterfan360 likes this.
  3. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

For the first time in my life, I actually had a Muppet dream last night. That's right - being a Muppet Freak all my life, never once have I ever had a Muppet dream . . . until last night. Weird, I know, but that's how it's been, lol.

So anyway, Kermit and Piggy had gotten married (shocking, I know), and were driving off for their honeymoon, only to discover that Animal had stowed away with them and was trying to get frisky with Piggy; needless to say, Piggy wasn't having any of it.

ConsummateVs likes this.
  4. LittleJerry92

That sounds like a real Henson-styled Muppet joke.

But wow.... First one, eh?

5. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Hahahahaha!!! That sounds both too risque for the Muppets and really in character at the same time.

6. D'Snowth

Hey, this is Animal we're talking about. :halo:

Froggy Fool likes this.
  7. Pig's Laundry

I guess, but it's more than a little creepy to hide in someone's car right after their wedding with the intent to...get lucky.

8. D'Snowth

Yeah, but Animal never gets lucky anyway.

Except with Kathy Griffin, for whatever reason.

9. Pig's Laundry

Well, Kathy Griffin, that's a whole different story. She may be as crazy as he is.

10. LittleJerry92

WOMAN!!!!!! WOMAN!!!! WOMAN!!!! WOMAN!!!!

....WOMAN!!!! :halo:

Froggy Fool and D'Snowth like this.
  11. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

A few months ago, I had a dream that I was going to see Jim Henson. Like- nowadays. So he was at MoMI, near the exit of the big theater, and there was a small crowd asking questions and stuff, and he had Kermit out, but when it was almost over and I was the only one there and he was putting his stuff away, I talked to him for a short while. It was nice. A few feet away was Leslie Carrara Rudolph with Lolly Lardpop and she recognized me and said hi, even though in real life I haven't met her (yet). I was so confused on how he got into the modern day when I knew he died and so did everyone else, and I was debating in my head whether or not I should tell him when he dies. So I saw them go into a cab and leave, and I got also got a cab and told it to follow them, and they turned a corner, and we followed, but they were gone.

okay wow

Pig's Laundry likes this.
  12. Pig's Laundry

That sounds nice but sad. A bit haunting.

13. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

Okay. Last night.

So I was on the set of The Jim Henson Hour, and I was in this huge room with blue all around it (cause, y'know, blue-screen purposes) and there was a road up a tall hill built on it. So, there was a really blocky-ish sidewalk on the hill and I walked down it, and Jim Henson was there, so he walked down it with me, bringing along the White Lion and Labyrinth-era Jennifer Connelly, who was leading us. So Jim and I talked about things and went down the artificial hill, and it was nice, although there was a big bulky camera with a bunch of wires behind it standing, though not recording, beside us on the road that isn't there. But anyway, what made it nicer is that with the snap of his finger, the blue walls became a scenic hill, with a road as a bridge over a river, with trees and a calm, sunny, and quiet neighborhood on the other side. Like I said, Jim and I talked calmly about nice things and slowly walked down the hill. It was really peaceful.

THEN I FREAKIN WOKE UP

if you're confused, I can sketch the setting out.

14. D'Snowth

Not really sure if this counts, but last night I dreamt that Caroll Spinney returned to my town as part of his farewell tour, and was having his own Q&A panel, with a tightly packed house, like almost standing room only.

15. Mary Louise

Mary Louise Well-Known Member

I recently dreamed that Miss Piggy and a young woman (I don’t know who) were looking out a window at a gorgeous view of trees and water. The woman said in English to look at the view, then enthusiastically began to praise it in French. Miss Piggy, pretending to understand the latter language, nodded as if in wholehearted agreement—but instead of “Oui,” she said, “Sí!”

ConsummateVs likes this.
  16. D'Snowth

Sounds like you've been watching too many Inspector cartoons with Deux-Deux always saying "si" instead of "oui."

ConsummateVs likes this.
  17. Pig's Laundry

Hmm, I think a lot of us have been having dreams about Caroll recently. I wonder if it means something...

18. D'Snowth

Y'know, that same thought actually occured to me last night.

:concern: :shifty: :fishy: :skeptical: :wisdom: :grouchy: :search::coy:

Froggy Fool and Pig's Laundry like this.
  19. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Well-Known Member

I sure hope not! :eek:

20. D'Snowth

For the second time ever, I had a Muppet-related dream last night.

This time, I saw there apparently was a new Muppet-themed restaurant that was about to open soon in my town, and I remember thinking I would be a tad leery of the kind of food they would be serving.