Dreams about Muppets...

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-------------------
Had one a couple of nights ago in which the fact that I'd heard a soundtrack on CD was a major dream plot point, though I have zero recollection of why. But on this CD, the Newsman had been allowed to sing lead vocals on several songs! NO idea what songs, or why, or the whole point of the dream, other than to remind me that Newsie, while I doubt he has a lovely bass, does seem to love to join in group sings... Very odd.
----------------------

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I had a dream, and I blame the one who made the cool Skeeter puppet for this, that the Muppet sequel was out. David Bowie was David Bowie, but really was Jareth in private, and hid from Mizumi (of Return to Labyrinth) by possessing his soul into Scooter, dressed in drag and called himself Skeeter, and then there were a bunch of Muppet Babies-esque musical numbers.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
I had a dream, and I blame the one who made the cool Skeeter puppet for this, that the Muppet sequel was out. David Bowie was David Bowie, but really was Jareth in private, and hid from Mizumi (of Return to Labyrinth) by possessing his soul into Scooter, dressed in drag and called himself Skeeter, and then there were a bunch of Muppet Babies-esque musical numbers.
I bow. I cannot top Muppets in drag. Especially possessed ones.
--------------------

We Got Us

Reaction score
Last night I dreamed that Muppets were stranded on the LOST island, naturally, with the LOST characters. I was there (sort of, in consciousness at least) and remember I was deeply disturbed...not by the fact that the Muppets were being imbibed into one of my other favorite shows, nor that we had just plane crashed on an island, and not even that I wasn't hugging and kissing Scooter with all my might (alas, I couldn't even find him...) but that Miss Piggy was flirting with Benjamin Linus. I'm serious. That took up the majority of the dream. And then Fozzie kept chasing the Swedish Chief around the beach and--oh yes! There were corvettes there too. I assume they belonged to the Others. I really should have asked, but then someone ran over Miles with one and I got angry. Needless to say, I woke up vowing never to watch the season finale and then Muppets Take Manhattan again at 2:00 in the morning.

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
I had a couple of muppet dreams, last night, I dreamed that my friend and I were in the back area of our school. Suddenly, she pulled me to my feet and started to sing Mahna Mahna. The Swedish Chef also appears next to us and goes:
"Bork Booork! Buboobork!"
So here I am with a friend and chef singing Mahna Mahna(Do doo doodooo!) And before I know it, all the muppets are there singing with us. We were then asked to be in the Muppet sequel, sadly I woke up before I could say yes.:frown:

My next dream, I am sitting in a white room with no walls, but a lot of light. I'm sitting at a wooden table with soft chairs. Jim comes into view and sits across from me, as usual he is smiling. He isn't old or wrinkly, he looks healthy and around mid 20's. I ask him where we are, he reply's with: A world away from your world. I talked with him for a long time, I don't remember specific topics. At the end, we say goodbye and I ask him if we will meet again. He says yes, someday. I also ask him he misses Earth and his family and friends. He told me with a bright smile on his face: I always miss them, but I have never left them alone. I've been with them every step of the way. I've always been near those who love imagination and creation. I suddenly wake up and it turns out I was crying. Whether I really met him, or it was just a dream, I really needed his words and wisdom at that time. Where ever you are Jim, God Bless you.:jim:

CountFan1998

Reaction score
I had a weird dream last night! I was watching a Muppet movie called "Kermit's Amazing Journey" from like 1984 or something.

• Kermit and Fozzie were in what looked Muppet Central from JHH, and Kermit cued up a sketch that zoomed in from a TV monitor.
  • In the sketch there was a redesigned Hugga Wugga muppet that had opening eyelids instead of moving eyes.
  • Hugga wandered around in front of a background of flashing colored patterns.
  • Near the end of the sketch, the Mahna Mahna guy popped up! Hugga reeled back in fear, like he did with the Yellow Creature. Hugga widened his eyelids, like "What the- ?"
  • Next a black screen with "Hard" and "Soft" appeared. The "Hard" began overlapping the "Soft", with weird sound effects, then there was stock footage of some comedian. (It could've been Dave Coulier, I don't know...)
  • The sketch cut back to Hugga alone, suggesting he had defeated Mahna Mahna in some way (I guess the Hard and Soft bit's sound effects symbolized that)! The footage then zoomed back out to Kermit weirded out.
I then decided to watch the opening of the movie which had all the Muppets gearing up for a cross-country road race in a stadium! Everyone cheered as Baby Piggy rode in on a red wagon! Gonzo was sitting up on a hill with some kid, and he kept asking, "Aren't you hungry?" The little kid replied, giggling, "No," It was so weird...

beakerboy12

Reaction score
I had a weird dream last night! I was watching a Muppet movie called "Kermit's Amazing Journey" from like 1984 or something.

• Kermit and Fozzie were in what looked Muppet Central from JHH, and Kermit cued up a sketch that zoomed in from a TV monitor.
  • In the sketch there was a redesigned Hugga Wugga muppet that had opening eyelids instead of moving eyes.
  • Hugga wandered around in front of a background of flashing colored patterns.
  • Near the end of the sketch, the Mahna Mahna guy popped up! Hugga reeled back in fear, like he did with the Yellow Creature. Hugga widened his eyelids, like "What the- ?"
  • Next a black screen with "Hard" and "Soft" appeared. The "Hard" began overlapping the "Soft", with weird sound effects, then there was stock footage of some comedian. (It could've been Dave Coulier, I don't know...)
  • The sketch cut back to Hugga alone, suggesting he had defeated Mahna Mahna in some way (I guess the Hard and Soft bit's sound effects symbolized that)! The footage then zoomed back out to Kermit weirded out.
I then decided to watch the opening of the movie which had all the Muppets gearing up for a cross-country road race in a stadium! Everyone cheered as Baby Piggy rode in on a red wagon! Gonzo was sitting up on a hill with some kid, and he kept asking, "Aren't you hungry?" The little kid replied, giggling, "No," It was so weird...
Sounds really weird but cool.

Emilia

Reaction score
I've sat here reading literally every page of this thread and I'm kind of disappointed that my dream isn't as weird or as cool as all the others. Seriously, I only wish I had dreams about Cookie Monster peeping at me from inside an Oak tree and commanding it to rain Raisin Bran. But funnily enough this dream (nightmare?) does also concern Cookie Monster. But not in a manner that denotes any friendliness.

Anyhoo, some brief context. I was 5 at the time, and my mother and aunt used to take me to a harbourside complex in Sydney. It was beautiful with a variety of shops, plus restaurants and cafes as well as shops selling merchandise featuring Sydney and Australian icons. It was the ultimate tourist trap hotspot.

Anyway, in my dream I was my typical 5-year-old self. Black dress, pageboy haircut, rosy cheeks. My mum and aunt were in their civvies too, and we entered the bookshop in the complex.
The next thing I remember is that nobody else was dressed like us. They were all either in pyjamas or bathrobes, and they were all wearing fuzzy slippers. They were of varying ages and health statuses too, so it was a sight to see.
All of us were in the store browsing the books when all of a sudden we heard this rumbling noise. People were rather plainly freaking out now, my dream-self could sense it, although nobody really moved or made any noise.
Next thing I knew, the walls crumbled and in came a GIANT, HORRIFYING version of Cookie Monster, arms outstretched, pounding like a furry blue rendition of Godzilla. People were positively terrified. I distinctly remember divebombing under a random lady's bathrobe to save myself, only for her to shoot me a disapproving glance.

I do not remember the rest of the dream, probably because I awoke before Cookie had his chance to cause proper destruction.

And that's probably the most I remember of any Muppet-related dream I've ever had.