Dreams about Muppets...

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
muppet maniac said:
*A commercial in which Gonzo is about to jump over a huge tub of vanilla ice cream through a hoop of fire but then he slips on a banana peel and ends up landing in the ice cream tub
that ones good enough to be real

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I just had one last night where Julie Andrews was talking to Bert about a book he was reading, but I don't remember much else about that dream.

Jonathan

Reaction score
I had a new dream tonight: I was watching Avenue Q on broadway. It got to the Money song and Christmas Eve came to dance in the rows of the audience. I had a row seat and she got my hand and pulled me on stage,and told me to dance with Rod. But the puppets where no longer puppets. They were life size and they worked bythemself. Anyway then the Muppets Busted in though one of the doors on the set, and said they had a law suite and Avenue Q had to get out now because they had lose,and a new play was about to start. Then Kermit Kicked me off the stage!!!!!

The scary thing was I was lissoning to Avenue Q when I fell asleep!!

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Here's more Muppet dreams I had:

*Kermit is a regular on Sesame Street again

*One day I was turning on my TV to watch Sesame Street and I only see a bunch of multi-colored birds(w/eyes like Floyd Pepper's)and no Big Bird,Ernie,Bert,Oscar,Cookie,Grover,Count or any other SS Muppets.

*Then I dreamt of a lost clip from the first Scooby-Doo movie with Kermit in it.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
recently i had another dream i had got in a fight with my friend about puppetry and that night when i thought i should give up jim henson showed up in my dream he was talking to me and showed me kermit :smile: and at one point he said here you try so i put him on and was messing around and making jim crack up and as i was about to get up i looked at him and then looked at the frog and it wasnt kermit anymore it was my frog puppet from my shows it was the best dream ever

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Here's some more Muppet dreams I've had:

*Rare clip from Sam and Friends(black and white) where a constable's face is shown on screen(similar to how the "Limbo" character works) and there's an animated fly buzzing around and his eyes are following it everywhere he went until his pants fall down.

*Animated inserts for Sesame Street from 1969 done by the same guys who animated the Beatles' "Yellow Submarine"(style was very similar to it as well...even had music there). It had Big Bird, Ernie, Bert, Oscar(orange), early Cookie Monster, Kermit, Beautiful Day Monster, early Grover, Lefty and some Anything Muppets.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Here are some of mine, in the order I had them.

-There is some middle-aged country music star appearing on TMS, and she's in an unhappy marriage to some guy who keeps coming in and trying to mess up the show. The guest star finally dumps the guy...but then she starts taking a romantic interest in Kermit. Really bizarre; the dream also involved the rest of the cast having a small party in what looks like my grandmother's living room.

-I think I've mentioned this in another thread. The Muppets are doing an alternate version of 'Muppets in Space,' in which they have to fly out, board and explore an abandoned spaceship (which looks like something out of the kingdom of Gorch). It turns out that the whole scene is part of Scooter's dream, and he's having said dream while in the hospital recovering from surgery.

-This one I had a few nights ago, and it probably would have made a cute TMS sketch: Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo, Scooter, Miss Piggy, Rowlf and Robin are mountain climbing, probably in the Swiss Alps, and the seven of them burst into a chorus of "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" by the Proclaimers.

I've had one or two involving Richard Hunt, but that's for another thread.

rumtar_10165

Reaction score
Keeping the Magic Alive.

As a child I had always dreamed about working with the muppets as Jim was my teacher. He Would pat me on the back and smile as he would say You are doing a great job keep up the good work.

This was before May, 10 1990.

If he was alive today he would say to all of us as well as Phil,
Thank you for keeping the magic alive.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Great thread.

I have had several dreams about the Muppets, and more frequently about collecting.

My first dream I remember having is still very clear even though it happened when I was probably about 5.
I was settling into the chair to watch the Muppet Show and the door bell rang. I went and opened the door and Thog was stood there! He came in sat down and I sat on his lap and we watched the Muppet Show together. I remember feeling so safe and comfy, even when I think back on it now.

Another dream I had was that I went into a local charity shop and high on a shelf out of my reach were loads of the UK Kilncraft Muppet Show mugs, so High I couldnt quite see how many and which ones were there. The one in the foreground was Sam Eagle, he was wearing a hat and had stars around him on the picture. What is strange about this dream is that I didnt know a Sam mug was made in the set and even weirder is that years later when I found one, he has a hat on and stars around him!!!

I also dreamt I was at a collectors Toy Fair, unlike any I have been too it was HUGE, I am knelt on the floor looking through a box of books, its a huge box full of books and ALL of them are Muppet books, which I dont have and havnt seen and have great pics on the covers!

Finally I dreamt only last week that the Replica Kermit arrived in the post, his head was HUGE and the fabric where the green meets the red on the top of his mouth looked like it had been cut really badly and stitched with a loose hand stitch!! Thankfully I woke and this wasnt the case!!

Loads of others that I cant remember right now!!

Chris