Dreams!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Maybe someone can make sense of this dream...it was kinda weird and out there. Again, it's a "stream of consienious" type dream. It's the only way I remember them.

I'm in the puppetry stand at church (it's a very small pvc pipe box, covered in brown felt. It's so small, it's about 3 feet across and about 7 feet high. The window to work from is only 2 feet wide. x_X) and I'm sitting on a chair, a microphone on my head (like the muppeter's ones) and I'm just doing my thing, when suddenly I look down during a pause in speaking, and I notice I'm not actually in a chair, but a wheelchair!

I keep doing the skit, and it's over after a few minutes. The children leave to go do crafts. (I guess it was VBS or something.) And I wheel out from the puppetery box. I've stopped and I'm talking to Cindy. (The mother of my best friend, Katie. She's just about the only one who can do a human counterpart to my puppet without messing it up, or acting like the puppet's not real.)

There are a few men sitting in the pews still, and they're the muppeter's. Strangely enough Richard and Jim are there as well. I've got Tina (my puppet) still in my lap, and they come and talk to me. It's all like a foreign language because I don't seem to understand it. Then Cindy points to her ear, and I pull off my microphone headset, and put in a hearing aid.

Suddenly, we're all at Subway eating lunch. I'm sitting at the head of one of the tables, with Richard, Jim, Frank, Jerry, Cindy, and my parents. Mom pulls out a large folder, and hands it to me.

Mom: Oh, I almost forgot sweetheart -- here's that stuff you wanted me to pick up.
Me: *there's no writing on the folder, and without opening it.* What is it? There's nothing on here.
Mom: It's your stuff from DSS. (Department of Social Services. I am adopted, btw.)
Me: You went and picked it up? *Starts to open the folder anyways.* Shouldn't you have had a signature or something from me??
Mom: Oh, no I thought I would have, but they said because you're still dependent on me and everything I just had to show them my driver's liensce.

*While I'm opening the folder, Richard is just grinning from ear to ear. Frank is quiet, and watching with expection; and Jim's talking to my Dad about cars.*

Me: Wow. The three page thing wasn't true, Mom! Did you look at this stuff yet?
Mom: No, I figured it would be best if you read it first. ^_^
Me: *reading the folder again* .... *looks up at Richard* .....Richard?
Richard: *Looks like he's either about to hit the roof laughing, or is about to bolt up and start running. He looks absolutely hyper right then.* Y-Yeah?
Me: ....You're the drunkard indian?
Richard: Yeah, I guess I am!
Frank: Wait...drunkard Indian? What is she talking about, Richard??

(realize a bit of backstory to go with that statement. In a 3-page descriptor information packet that the hospital/DSS [not sure which still] gave to my mother, was that my mother worked as an "exotic dancer" [their words exactly] and had another son before me. 1 year older to be exact. And that my father worked in a construction company, fixing roofs. It was also said that my father claimed to be part of the Cherokee Indian tribe, although he was registered, he is like 75% Cherokee Indian, and his father is 100% Cherokee Indian. He also drank....A LOT. And he would get violent when he got drunk, and that is why my mother wanted to leave him, but he left her in the 1st trimester.)

Then, suddenly we're at the park. My Dad (adopted dad) is checking out Jim's car, and Frank and Jerry are talking with my Mom and Cindy. Richard is wheeling me around, and we're talking about just...everything.

Me: Why didn't you keep me?
Richard: Well....my wife died having you....and you were very sick.
Me: Oh. *looks down* If it was...different...you would have kept me, right?
Richard: Oh yeah, defiantely!
Me: Why did they lie to me though? I mean, it's not like I would have tried to find you before I was of age or anything. It's just...all this time....
Richard: Your father was a wife-beating, drunkard. And your mother was a dancer...and not the good kind either.
Me: Yeah! I mean....Oh I don't know, Richard. I just wish I had known the truth.
Richard: But the truth would have probably hurt you more. Ever wonder why your mother always recorded all of those muppet movies?
Me: She's told me she likes them....although she dosn't really watch them much. She usually sleeps when I put a muppet movie on.
Richard: Why else would she record them?
Me: It's good and it's wholesome....for the most part.
Richard: Yeah. But it's something I asked her to do.

*He stops pushing me, and we stop beside a large tree. He picks me up with ease, and carries me over to sit underneath the large tree.*

Richard: You've got your mother's hair and eyes. And my face.
Me: With a bit of sun, I've got your skin too. But being inside most of the time, has really paled my skin up too much.
Richard: *is gently running one hand through my hair. He's quiet for a bit, then he flashes a big smile at me.* I've always thought of you.
Me: If they put the real information, even sparse as that information from the hospital was......you and they knew I would know who it was, huh?
Richard: Yeah. It was too descriptive.
Me: But then...just don't give me any information.
Richard: Back then, they had too. It was the law I think.
Me: ....if it was the law, then why falseify it?
Richard: Your mother wanted to. Because...I was kind of a celebrity, she wanted to keep it kind of hush-hush, for your own safety.
Me: I guess so.
Richard: *pulls me into a tight hug, smiling.* But I've got you now. And we're going to make up for all the time we've missed. *looks down for a moment, into my face. It almost looks like he's going to cry now.* I never thought I'd see this day though.
Me: ...to see me again?
Richard: To see you as a full-grown young lady. You're as beautiful as I thought you'd be.
Me: *I smile, as he leans in and plants a kiss on my forehead. He scoops me up again, and sets me back in my wheelchair.*
Richard: How'd you get in that wheelchair anyways?
Me: I fell off of the church's roof putting up a banner for VBS. Broke two of my vertabrae, and for safety reasons, they've medically paralzed me, until it heals naturally.
Richard: *Gets a real worried expression, looking down at me.* I hope I didn't hurt you!
Me: No, you'd have to punch me in that spot to hurt me. Just picking me up, won't do anything. *I tap my midsection and a slight "plack" of plastic is heard. I lift up my shirt a bit, revealing a soft rubber/plastic midsection brace.*
Richard: I never even felt that when I picked you up...
Me: You wouldn't notice it, unless you knew it was there. It's soft on the outside, so it kinda molds to the hand. Feels almost like real flesh. I can only take it off when I'm taking a bath.
Richard: Oh, cool...I think.
Me: Let's go tear Daddy away from Jim's car, and go to DQ.
Richard: Ice cream, icees and hotdogs. Very good idea.

Then we all start out to go to DQ, and the muppeter's are in one car, while the rest of us are in Cindy's van. The dream turned into a nightmare though, because on the way to Dairy Queen....the muppeter's car got slammed by a 18-wheeler truck. Out of nowhere, it just slams into them. Because we stopped so suddenly, a truck slams into the back of the van. We're not hurt, but my wheelchair is totalled. We finally roll to a stop and Cindy helps me out of the car. She carries me over to the wreckage, and she spots Richard. Jim's car was a convertiable, it's top was down. Richard and Jim were both thrown from the car. Cindy sets me beside Richard, then goes to find Jim.

Richard is barely alive, and I hold his hand. He's worried and scared, I can see it in his eyes. I start to cry, then for no reason at all, to try to take his mind away from what's happening, I just sing one of his songs. I don't remember what I sang, but he seemed to smile a little. The paramedics arrive, and before they take him away, I give him a kiss on the forehead. One of the paramedics gently tell me I have to leave the scene. I look around, expecting to see Cindy, or my mother, but no one else is there. The van isn't there anymore. No glass or anything. Just Jim's car. The paramedic then lifts me up, and takes me into the ambluance. He starts to bandage my legs, and puts splints on them. I overhear what one of them relays over a communications thing.

Paramedic: We've got 4 men, one is DOA, the other is in critial condition. The other two men are badly brusied, with concussions, but nothing else is wrong. Upon arrival we found a young lady, about 18 or so years old, she's been paralyzed from the accident, and seems to have recieved a head injury. She's claiming she wasn't hurt, we're bringing her in anyways, to get checked out.

Then it just fades to black, as I'm holding Richard's hand, keeping eye contact with him.

------------------------------------

That's my weird dream. It was the only dream I had last night, and it's been just stamped into my head now. And I've also written it in full in my dream journal. I woke up sweating and almost crying after it happened.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wow. O.O I can't believe you remember THAT much about that BIG a dream!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
I wrote it all down as soon as I woke up. It was such a vivid dream. ...if it weren't for me writing it down, I'll probably already would have forgotten it. :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
ReneeLouvier said:
I wrote it all down as soon as I woke up. It was such a vivid dream. ...if it weren't for me writing it down, I'll probably already would have forgotten it. :smile:
I need to do that more often. Sometimes I have such wonderful dreams, but the next day I forget what happened in them.:cry:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Only just found that last one, Sara. Holy cow...that's really haunting, with the whole theme of lost, found (and maybe lost again). And I shudder to think who the DOA was.

But at least you were in the ambulance with him, holding his hand and all that.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Lol, sorry I keep bumping these up; they're just so fun to read!
:crazy: