Drtooth, if you're out there...

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I've tried reaching out the best I can in the past. But if you're so inclined to read this, it might help with things in your life.

Confused? Depressed? Disappointed with how life turned out? I felt the same way when I was about your age. A lot of people offering advice that didn't really help, or being branded a failure because I was struggling so much.

There is another alternative to therapy or counseling, at it doesn't cost a dime. Just a little of your time.

Join a church.

This is not supposed to be a Bible-thumping get-right-with-the-Lord post. In spite of opinions of Christians as Bible-thumping hypocrites, they might still be able to help you.

Joining a church, you might find people who have struggled just like you have, and who may not be judgmental about how your life has become.

Pastors, elders, and deacons are usually older people with a wide reach in the community. Through them, they might be able to help you find things you may need- a place to live, a job, they might even offer money to help you out. Connections are everything. It's not what you know, but WHO you know.

The people at my last two churches have helped me tremendously over the years. i've faced my own share of struggles, and it has humbled me to see how many times my church family supported me when I needed it.

If you haven't tried this yet, what do you have to lose?

I hope someday you see this, even if it takes a while. But the longer it takes, the more this post will get buried by future pages of posts.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Something else I might add.
Maybe, like me, you were dragged to church when you were little and the experience turned you off. Been there, done that, got the T-shirt.

That was when I was five. But I'm not five anymore, and neither are you.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Something else I might add.
Maybe, like me, you were dragged to church when you were little and the experience turned you off. Been there, done that, got the T-shirt.

That was when I was five. But I'm not five anymore, and neither are you.
That's kind of my thing about church: when I was growing up, church was pretty much no different than, say, school, or going to the doctor - it was somewhere you had to go, whether you wanted to or not, and when you're a kid, if you have to go somewhere, of course you don't enjoy it.

On that token, I'm presently working for a new church right now, that's . . . well, it's kind of militaristic, stuffy, and very conservative (I honestly believe they just completely ignore the fact I'm liberal), so it's still not an enjoyable experience.

Finding the right kind of church can be a challenge.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I agree. Church is not a one-size-fits-all thing. But there's bound to be one somewhere for the good Doctor where he'll be welcomed, accepted, and be on the receiving end of love and compassion.
But that's his move, I can't make it for him.