Drusilla

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Is good... But we is wanting more. Always wanting more. :insatiable:

Alpha Centauri

Reaction score
Again I'm flying solo so please forgive any mistakes.

Chapter four.
Piggy watched as Drusilla continued to rock back and fourth. ‘She’s been like this for hours,’ Piggy said to herself. ‘I wish I knew how snap her out of it. Maybe getting her out of the house for awhile would help.’
“Drusilla, dear why don’t we go for a walk? We can go the beach or get some ice-cream?” Piggy said gently lifted her off the floor and unwrap her arms from around her legs. Piggy took Drusilla by the wrist and lead her outside down the stone path to the village. The ghost followed them.
‘A fishing village Gideon would of had to live in a fishing village and weird fishing village at that,’ Piggy though as the two of them walked. ‘At least he didn’t live in a framing village.’
As they walked Drusilla suddenly stopped in front of a fish stand. Staring at the dead fish something began too clicked in her brain.
“Come on let’s get some ice cream,” Piggy said leading her away.

She Sells Ice Cream By The Seashore Ice Cream Parlor was a familiar haunt of Drusilla’s she had always loved going there and trying the latest flavor. It was such bright and cheery place with a lovely view of the seashore. Not only did they sell homemade ice cream, but also homemade candy, popcorn, caramel and candy apples. It smelled delicious usually, but somehow today too Drusilla it seemed to smell bitter.
“Hi Drusilla,” the man behind the counter said gently. The nametag on his uniform said Eric. “I hard about your father and I’m so sorry.”
Drusilla looked down at her feet she didn’t how to respond.
“I have a new flavor of Ice Cream,” Eric said. “It’s called French Silk. It’s milk chocolate ice cream with dark chocolate chips. It’s on the house.”
“Huh?” Drusilla said.
“It’s free,” Eric told her.
“Oh.”
“So, what do you say?”
“No thank you,” she mumbled.
“Alright later then,” Eric said.
“Yes,” said Piggy. “We’ll come back later when your appetite comes back.”
“Good-da…” Eric paused. “Goodbye Drusilla, Miss,” he said nodding to Piggy.

“She-she-she thought we were boyfriend and girlfriend! If the guys in frog scouts hear about this all never live it down and if the girls hear about it oh I don’t even want to think about what they’d do!”
“But I thought you liked her.”
“Well I do sort of, but I don’t want to have girlfriend! I’ve seen how Miss Piggy is with Uncle Kermit I don’t want to be hugged, kissed, and told how cute I am by some girl! That’s what mothers, grandmothers, and aunts are for.”
Sweetums chuckled softly. “Robin, little buddy someday you will.”
“No, I wont,” Robin said shaking his head. “Not ever.”
Once they reach the boardinghouse Robin repeated his fight with Kimmy too Kermit.
“Don’t worry Robin, I’m sure she’ll get over it,” Kermit told him.
“I don’t care if she gets over it or not,” Robin said. “It’s not like I really like her or anything.”
Kermit and Sweetums shared a knowing glance.
“Why don’t you go up stairs and pack,” Kermit said patting on Robin on the head. “By the way I laid out your suit on your bed for to pack as well.”
“My suit!” Robin cried disgusted. “I hate wearing it do I have to bring it?”
“Robin, you need to wear at the funeral,” Kermit told him.
“Couldn’t I wear my frog scout uniform instead?”
“No Robin, now hurry up and pack.”
“Yes Uncle Kermit,” Robin said sighing as he went up the stairs to his room. Once in his room he pulled out his little suitcase from under his bed and began to pack. As he was packing Rizzo and Pepe came in his room.
“Well it looks like you’re getting a girlfriend,” Pepe said.
“What?” Robin asked wondering if he knew about the fight with Kimmy.
“Drusilla,” said Rizzo.
“I don’t understand,” Robin said.
“Oh come on Robin, Drusilla’s a little girl pig and you’re a little boy frog,” Pepe said.
“So?” said Robin.
“Forget it Pepe, he doesn’t get it,” Rizzo said.
“Get what?” Robin asked. “What does Drusilla have to do with me getting a girlfriend?” then it dawned on him what Rizzo and Pepe were getting at. “Oh no! You don’t think Drusilla’s going to be like Miss Piggy do you?”
“Well Miss Piggy has spent two months with the little girl things can rub off okay,” Pepe.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Well, despite the grammar and spelling issues, let me focus on the positive ...

You have a good sense of characterization. You write Robin very well. He seems to be just right in terms of age and personality.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I think it's cute, Robin had a very appropriate reaction for his age to the thought of a girl "liking" him. Very cute. More?

Alpha Centauri

Reaction score
Sorry about the grammar and spelling I have Dyslexia so sometimes things slip pass me. Anyway I'm glad you both like how I'm portraying Robin. Out of the all Muppets I find Robin very hard to write. I was afraid I was writing him a little OOC. Don't worry redBoobergurl Chapter five is almost done.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<scurries in>

<ahem> As a HUGE fan of Robin... let me assure you that you've got him nailed. ...I mean, figuratively nailed. If you'd literally nailed him to something, we'd have issues. (...I say this, while in my story he lies unconscious in a hospital bed... hm... double-standard, much? :wink:) I LOVE the "girlfriend" issues, and his protest about wearing a suit.

Overall, you're really doing very well! Looking forward to seeing what happens next. More please! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Alpha Centauri

Reaction score
Thanks TogetherAgain,

Chapter five
‘Muppet Babies it’s going to be just like Muppet Babies living with Drusilla, Robin thought. ‘Drusilla's probably going to be just like Baby Piggy. As I already didn’t have girl troubles!'

Pepe and Rizzo quietly left Robin’s room snickering.
“D’at was kind of mean to tease him like d’at," Rizzo said.
“Si, si, but the look on his face was priceless okay?" Pepe said laughing. It was at that moment that Kermit had just come up the stairs and heard Pepe’s comment.
“The look on whose face?" Kermit asked him.
“Uh Kermin! What are you doing here?" Pepe asked.
If Kermit had eyebrows and was able to arch one of them he would of, but since he didn’t have eyebrows he crossed his arms instead.
Rizzo sighed, Kermit was going to find out anyway. “We was just teasing Robin about Drusilla," Rizzo said, then he went on to tell Kermit what had been said. Kermit shook his head in disbelief.
“Not funny guys!" he said. “Piggy and I want Robin and Drusilla to be friends and that’s not going to happen if Robin’s going to be afraid to go near her!" he said before going into Robin’s room. Robin was sitting on his bed imagining how horrible it was going to be living with Drusilla.
“Robin?" Kermit said tapping him on the shoulder.
“Ahh!" Robin cried jumping off the bed. “Get away from me! I don’t want to be kissed!"
“Robin!u201D Kermit said sternly.
“Oh Uncle Kermit! I thought you were Drusilla for a minute.”
“Robin, Pepe and Rizzo were just teasing you.”
“But what if she’s just like Miss Piggy was in Muppet Babies!"
“Muppet Babies was just a cartoon show. I didn’t meet Miss Piggy and the other until much, much later in life.”
“But what about the time we spent Christmas at Mrs. Bear’s house and saw that old home movie of you and the other as babies celebrating your first Christmas together?"
Kermit looked up and started into space for a few seconds before saying “That’s not important right now. What is important is giving people a chance before you meet them.”
“I guess so," Robin said sounding unsure.
“Why don’t we call Piggy and ask her what Drusilla’s like and you two can talk on the phone," Kermit said.
“OK at least she can’t hug and kiss me though the phone," Robin said.
Kermit scrunched his face, but didn’t say anything.

“Why don’t we set and rest for awhile," Piggy said leading herself and Drusilla to a large rock. Drusilla opted to set on the sand instead. They both sat in silence. Piggy couldn’t help thinking about last night
“Listen” Gideon had said. ‘What did he mean? Was he trying to tell me something or did he want me to listen to something?" She looked down at Drusilla. The little piglet had found a small piece of driftwood and was drawing a picture in the sand. Suddenly the tune of the ‘Entertainer’ broke the silence. Piggy took her phone, Kermit was calling.
“Hello Kermit.”
“Hi Piggy. Robin and I are almost ready to go, but Robin was wondering what Drusilla was like.”
Piggy almost dropped her phone as Kermit said the last part.
“Oh Kermit! I forget to tell you when I called earlier. Drusilla has PDD.”
“OK, what is that?"
“It stands for Pervasive Developmental Disorder.”
“Oh," Kermit said for lack of a better word. He wasn’t expecting that. “And that is?"
Piggy sighed “PDD is a group of disorders that have delays in the development of socialization and communication skills. Gideon says…I mean said, Gideon said she’s more of a prodigious savant because she a prodigy when it comes too art, memory, and math.”
“OK so is PDD like autism? Can she talk?"
“It’s sort like autism, but it’s not. She sometimes has trouble using and understanding language and she also has trouble relating to people and things. She can talk though, some days she’s fine and other days…”Piggy trailed off for moment looking down at the little piglet. Drusilla had stopped drawing in the sand and was now laying flat on her stomach looking out at the ocean.
“Piggy?" Kermit said as he rubbed the back of his head this put a whole new light on the Drusilla situation.
“She's in her own little world and now with Gideon gone if she goes back into that world she may never want to leave it.”
“We’ll help her, Piggy all of us will. It’ll be OK Piggy. Everything will be OK.”
“When will you be leaving?"
“Soon, I’ll call you when we board the train.”
“Alright goodbye Kermit.”
“Bye Piggy.”

Robin knew something had to be wrong by the way his uncle’s face had changed, the tone of his voice.
“Uncle Kermit?" Robin said once Kermit was off the phone. “Is something wrong?"
“No," Kermit said slowly. This wasn’t going to be easy. “Robin, do you know what autism is?"
“Yes, I learned about it in Frog Scouts. Mrs. Appleby’s grandson Willard has autism.”
“Drusilla has something like autism called PDD. You see she has trouble talking and understanding what people are saying and she might act differently then your friends do.”
Robin nodded.
“And that might seem funny…”
“I wouldn’t make fun her," Robin said understanding what his uncle was trying to say. “Why would I? I never make fun of anyone. I don’t even laugh when Fozzie tells a joke. Gee Uncle Kermit, I may not want her to hug and kiss me, but I’m not going to make fun of her just because she different," the little frog said sounding insulted.
Kermit sighed Robin was still convinced that Drusilla was going to fall in love with him, but at least he knew better then to make fun of her or anyone else. “Are you all packed yet?"
“Almost, I still have to pack some toys.”
“Did you pack your suit?"
“Yes.”
“Pajamas?"
“Yes.
“Good, come down stairs when you’re ready.”
“OK, Uncle Kermit."

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Nothing like a nice little curveball to throw your audience for a loop. The exchanges are amusing as the story gets developed. I'm interested in that Coon cat fellow though... Hope for more when you can post it.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
heheheh ... yeah, explain away the Muppet Babies home movie problem ... that'll be fun to watch :big_grin:

Oh well, this is still developing nicely.