Dsiney and SS

jadziamorgan

Reaction score
PS I forgot to ask - what is the connection between Disney and SS - why are they distributing the vidoes - do they own part of it or something ???- that's it for now - i must go - talk soon Liz:smile:

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Well, I don't know where you got that information. "Sesame Street," produced by Sesame Workshop, has its videos distributed by Sony Wonder, not Disney. And, in a separate situation, Disney is reportedly in talks with EM.TV to buy the Muppets and all the Jim Henson programs, if not the whole Jim Henson Company itself. Either way, Disney has no claim on "Sesame Street."

Hope you're up to speed.

jadziamorgan

Reaction score
Hi - well that's really weird - cos all of our SS videos have "Disney Videos" and their logo on the top of the boxes and on the video label inside!! Including "Learning about numbers and Bert and Ernie", and "Elmo saves Christmas" - to name two. I do notice that Elmo in Grouchland isn't though. I also see that The Muppet Christmas Carol is "Walt Disney presents Jim Henson productions" so there must be a link between the two companies somewhere. The plot thickens then LOL! Unless of course it's different because we are in the UK.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Liz,

It is different for us in the UK.

Sony Wonders contract doesnt include Europe, Only the United States.

So the videos that we have are form Disney, And are a few years old now.
I dont think they still have the license now.

See ya

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Re: Liz,

Originally posted by Warrick
It is different for us in the UK.

Sony Wonders contract doesnt include Europe, Only the United States.

So the videos that we have are form Disney, And are a few years old now.
I dont think they still have the license now.

See ya
I stand corrected (I think). Interesting though.