D'Snowth's Cartoon Composer Focus of the Week #1

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Similar to Xerus's V/A Focuses; I will be focusing on the wonderful music composers who add an important key element to animation: the music!

And Xerus is aware that I'm doing this, so please try not to think of this as being a rip-off of his focuses.

Anyway; each week, I'll be focusing on a different composer whose work appears on cartoon series for TV, as well as animated features for the silver screen. Every other week I'll focus on a composer for TV cartoons, while the other weeks I'll focus on a composer for animated movies. This week; my focus is on a GENIUS in the composing world: Guy Moon. Guy's music style is very easy to recognize always the right tone for a specific scene in a cartoon, but still fun-sounding at the same time. Guy is known for composing the music for such shows as The Addams Family, The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest, Johnny Bravo, Cow and Chicken, The "Uncle Gus" Pilot, Grim and Evil, The Fairly OddParents, Chalk Zone, and Danny Phantom. Also a little more less-known-fact is that he was also the composer for a few live-action movies as well, including: The Brady Bunch Movie, A Very Brady Sequel, Mystic Pizza, and Mikey. A little background information: Guy started studying piano at the age of five in his hometown of Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin. He received a scholarship from the University of Arizon where he lived shortly before moving to L.A. where he became a household name.

All I have to say is if I were to ever create a cartoon series for TV, I'd want Guy to be the composer for it!

Giar Fraggle

Reaction score
This is a very cool feature! It's nice to see someone appreciates cartoon music and the composers behind it. :smile:

Xerus

Reaction score
Very nice for your first focus, D'Snowth. :smile:

I remember seeing Guy Moon's name in some Fairly Oddparents credits. :smile:

Good job. :smile: