D'Snowth's Cartoon Composer Focus of the Week #2

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This week, my focus on one of the biggest composers in the industry, the great David Newman. David has composed for over eigthy films, and is known for such memorable scores in such animated features as Finding Nemo, Ice Age, Anastasia, Rover Dangerfield, DuckTales: The Movie - Treasure of the Lost Lamp, and The Brave Little Toaster. He has also composed for some of popular live-action films as well including: The Cat in the Hat, Daddy DayCare, Monster-In-Law, Scooby Doo, Dr. Doolittle, Galaxy Quest, The Nutty Professor, and The Flintstones to name a few. For a little background information, David comes from a family of music composers, including his equally famous composer/song writer/singer cousin Randy Newman.

David's work has always fascinated me, each score he composers for the films he was worked on is a little different from the others, but they all still are some of the most memorable movie scores I've ever heard.

Giar Fraggle

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I love his music. Some of the movies listed here, I haven't seen in a long time, and I still remember the music, hehe.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Ooh, I love the music for Finding Nemo, it sets the mood for every different thing that is going on!