1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Ducky Nash's Duck Doll-- Puppet or not?

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by erniebert1234ss, Jul 27, 2004.

1. erniebert1234ss Active Member

I know, some of you are totally bent and determined not to have this type of question, but this IS a puppetry forum...

The question is:

Was Ducky Nash's Donald Duck doll a puppet, a ventriloquist's dummy, or am I totally off the wall and it's something totally different?
  2. Iokitek New Member

You mean the guy that did his voice? I believe he used a DD ventriloquist's dummy.
  3. erniebert1234ss Active Member

yes, I do mean the original voice of DD, Io - uh whoever you are. Sorry, can't pronounce Dutch names, Iokitek. Spanish, yes, French, so-so, German, hang it out your window on the Autobahn.

BJ
  4. Iokitek New Member

hehe
    :p
    Well Iokitek is just my nickname. But most people short it down to Io. It's a Star Wars Zabrak name that stayed after playing a rolegame. I kinda like it. Anyway my real name is Rob. That should be easier to pronounce already.

I found a picture of the doll here
  5. erniebert1234ss Active Member

Thanks for responding so quick, Rob. I was asking the question because I saw this video clip on Nash in "Walt Disney Treasures: The Chronological Donald Vol. 1" (it's a DVD) and he operated it like a ventriloquist's dummy, yet his lips moved like he was providing the voice or something. I really want a replica of that and a book on how he did the unmistakable voice of Donald. Any suggestions, even out in Deustchland? :concern:
  6. Iokitek New Member

That's the Netherlands. :) We are quite different from Germany.

Anyway I believe hardly anyone can do Donalds voice the way he did. He used to just stand still and do the voice. While most people nowadays start making funny faces and they get all hyperactive tugging at their cheeks just to get that voice. When Donald throws a fit he starts blabbering all over the place and that's brilliant. It hardly cost him any effort.

What can I say? :p The man WAS Donald Duck!
  7. erniebert1234ss Active Member

no kidding. Anyplace I can pick it up here in the good old US of A? Any ventriloquism chain will do.
  8. erniebert1234ss Active Member

bumpy bumpy no need to humpy ;)

BJ
  9. Fozzie Bear Moderator

Ventriloquist's dummy Donald Duck.

It was made especially for Ducky Nash, and was not made commercially for purchase.

If you find one for sale, it's likely it was his--so, I doubt you'll find one.

There have been marionettes of Mickey and the others in the Disney Fab 5, and you might find those on ebay.
  10. erniebert1234ss Active Member

Thanx for Responding, Foz!

Do y'all know a ventriloquism shop where I can get that 'specially built? That would be gravy! Anybody also going to answer my Cracker Barrel question in the Rare Puppets Wanted thread?
  11. I always wanted to get a hold of that thing. But it likely belongs to Nash's family. Like the orginal Kermit puppet, who sits in an old rocking chair in Jane Henson's house. Nash was a great actor. I can do Donald Duck, but I have to move my enitre mouth to my right cheek to do the voice.
  12. Iokitek New Member

It's funny that this post got back up again. Ever since it started I became addicted to a daily dose of Donald. :)
  13. erniebert1234ss Active Member

Seriously, I need a daily fix too Rob...

I have The Chronological Donald Vol. 1 and am planning to get The Complete Pluto when the Treasures Wave 4 comes out! The pairing of Donald and Pluto is so funny!

BJ
  14. Iokitek New Member

My favorite combination is Donald, Mickey and Goofy together.
  15. erniebert1234ss Active Member

mine too Iokitek. What a coincidence! Anybody wish to help prove this coincidence too?

BJ
  16. Iokitek New Member

I don't think it's a coincidence :) They are the best that Disney has to offer in my opinion. So the combination of the three is automatically gold.
  17. erniebert1234ss Active Member

18. erniebert1234ss Active Member

19. erniebert1234ss Active Member