DVD releases you would like to see

AquaGGR

Reaction score
Describe your dream DVD releases that may or may not see the light of day.

- TUFF Puppy: The Complete First Season
- TMS: Season 4
- TMS: Season 5
- Muppets Tonight: Season 1
- Sonic X: The Complete Series
- Squid Girls: Season 2 (dubbed)
- A collection of the Nightmare Fuel Sesame Street clips like Crack Master and the Bird cartoon
- Complete season releases of Franklin, as opposed to the "theme" discs
- A collection of the old Aquabats Ar-Oh-Vhee videos, live performances, and other miscellaneous clips

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'd like WB to finish what it started, and given the remaining seasons of its classic Cartoon Network series, as well as season sets of series they've yet to release, such as COW AND CHICKEN.

Likewise, I'd like MGM to release the remaining seasons of GREEN ACRES they never released (apparently, they're getting ready to RE-release the seasons they already released).

I'd like Bagdasarian Productions to offer something new other than re-releasing the same compilation sets of the Chipmunks over and over again - if we can't get season sets of the 80s cartoon, at least give us a complete series set of THE ALVIN SHOW (it'd also be kind of nice of THE CHIPMUNK ADVENTURE DVD wasn't so bare-bones; the conceptual artwork and the CD soundtrack were nice, but I think a commentary track would have been great, and maybe some deleted scenes as well).

I wish Season Five of Rocky and Bullwinkle could actually be FOUND.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm glad that most of the stuff I wanted to see on DVD has come out in some capacity. Especially longtime hold out, Earthworm Jim. Other than series that desperately need more releases to complete them (cough cough... Disney Afternoon everything):

1. I wanna see a new rerelease of Transformers the Movie. The 30th anniversary of Transformers is coming up, as is another Michael Bay film. There is no reason why this can't get another, lasting, release... even if it's just Blu-Ray.
  2. DIC's Dennis the Menace series. It got a 3 episode kiddy release years ago. Time to give this series a proper release. Shout's releasing the dull live action series from the 50's, the least someone can do is give us the GOOD show.
  3. Fat Albert in single release sets. I'm only really interested in the show's last season where they did the really TOUGH subjects like STD's (Not kidding).
  4. Someone PLEASE license rescue Viewtiful Joe. Genon's dub only sets kinda sucked, and more and more Japanese series are getting full season releases with original language dialogue. Especially ones that didn't have an American English dub.
  5. EEK! The Cat. Someone tell me why Disney's just sitting on this one? Saban really needs to get this series back. Saban or Nelvana.
  6. Usavich. Doesn't need any translation. Seems ideal for adult swim.
  7. Space Goofs. Including the European only second season. On that subject
  8. Oggy and the Cockroaches.
That's all I can think of at the moment.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
If CDs count, I would like the Aquabats to rerelease the Bat Boy and Revenge of the Midget Punchers cassettes as digital downloads or CDs.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I wish Season Five of Rocky and Bullwinkle could actually be FOUND.
I've seen it. I'm just mulling over getting the Complete Bull set. I'm missing 3-5, and I wouldn't mind too much having to rebuy season 1 and 2.

You're probably look for it at Best Buy or Target. it's not a Blu-Ray of a current movie, so of course you can't find it. Too bad FYE is no longer in business. They had a LOT of stuff, if you didn't mind having to pay SRP.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
fye IS still in business, there's two malls in my town, they both have fyes (recently bought Season Three of HOGAN'S HEROES just two months ago as a splurge), but they didn't have any R&B. Best Buy's always been the best (no pun intended) place for me to find DVDs, at decent prices (placed like fye and Sam Goody which DID go out of business ALWAYS jack up their prices), Target ain't got squat, and Walmart is either always late with their releases, or they never have releases at all anymore.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
They really need to release the Nick Jr. shows individually in season boxsets rather than those 4-in-1 theme discs.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I would like seasons 2 and beyond of Malcolm in the Middle to be released. Supposedly the music rights are the only things getting in the way.

Also, the original theatrical editions of the Star Wars trilogy, with the only things remastered being the picture and sound. Disney's ownership gives us a somewhat better chance of that happening, and would be a nice way to promote the sequel trilogy. :smile:

robodog

Reaction score
Twice Upon a Time
Road Rovers
Stunt Dawgs

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Dan Vs seasons 2 and 3...and maybe with some actual bonus features.
Danny Phantom Season 3...which I hear IS planning on being released sometime? I think?

A Simpsons Complete Series box set because lol could you imagine how big and expensive that would be? XP