DVD wish list.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Well I'm the one that started the "Last DVD you bought and why" thread, so I thought I go ahead and start another DVD related thread, mostly for the same reason as the last one that I can't sleep, :smile:.

So anyone have a "DVD wish list" I know I do. As in DVDs you wanted to have a retail release, not bootlegs or nothing like that of course. So here's what's on my list...

Disney's Song of the South -never had an actual US release anyway
Muppet Show season four and five -I'm sure it will come out sometime, hopefully, but until than it's on my wish list
3 South- Very funny cartoon show that was on MTV, but, sadly, didn't last for very long. They could probably release a whole series set of this show.
Angry Beavers-One of my all time favorite Nicktoons
AHHH! Real Monsters-Same reason as the Beavers.
Muppet Babies-To be honest, I don't want it as much as the Muppet Show, but if it was released, oh you better believe I'd buy it.
Muppets Tonight-Same as Muppet Babies
Life with Louie-Funny Fox Kids show that was based on Louie Anderson's life. I think this show has been released on DVD somewhere, but not in the United States.

As you can see my DVD wish list is all cartoons, that's really all I watch aside from Everybody Love Raymond and pro-wrestling (the latter I'm starting to not want to watch anymore), there's a few other "non-cartoon" shows too, but nothing I would want a DVD release for. :wink:.

So what's anyone else's DVD wish list?

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
Disney's Song of the South -never had an actual US release anyway
Thats one I'd like to see too.
A few more I could think of off the top of my head.
Dexter's Lab Season Sets - Ones were released in Austrailia I think, but not the US
Cow and Chicken Season Sets - Same as above.
Fraggle Rock Season Four Single Release - Self explanitory
Fairly Odd Parents Season Sets
The Muppets At Walt Disney World
Unedited Muppet Christmas Specials (Moslty A Muppet Family Christmas, and Emett Otter's Jugband Christmas.)
I'd also like to see a DVD featuring segments or whole shows of The Alvin Show, the origional Alvin and the Chipmunks show from the early 60's.

Nick22

Reaction score
i'm mostly hoping for muppets dvds. like muppet tonight, muppets babies, fraggle rock season 4 (alone), MFC, and all those specials and stuff.

JaniceGirl

Reaction score
American Gladiators 1st half of season 1 (since they're only releasing the second half) and seasaons 2-7
The Nanny seasons 4-6
The Muppet Show seasons 4&5

Drtooth

Reaction score
Fairly Odd Parents Season Sets
On a technicality, they DO have them, but they're only available as Nick's Burn on Demand Amazon exclusives.... I've heard possitive things about them.

I'd also like to see a DVD featuring segments or whole shows of The Alvin Show, the origional Alvin and the Chipmunks show from the early 60's.
Sigh... they're going to release ONE EPISODE and a couple specials.... I was EXTREMELY disappointed by this, especially since The Alvin Show uses either original or Public Domain songs. It wouldn't have the same stumbling blocks as the 80's series.

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
On a technicality, they DO have them, but they're only available as Nick's Burn on Demand Amazon exclusives.... I've heard possitive things about them.
I forgot about thoes. :embarrassed:

Sigh... they're going to release ONE EPISODE and a couple specials.... I was EXTREMELY disappointed by this, especially since The Alvin Show uses either original or Public Domain songs. It wouldn't have the same stumbling blocks as the 80's series.
That is dissipointing. But its a step in the right direction, even if its a baby step.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That is dissipointing. But its a step in the right direction, even if its a baby step.
I've heard of "testing the waters" but that effectively says "The water looks cold." I was disappointed hearing that it was a single disk release to begin with, but I found that a backhanded joke.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I've heard of "testing the waters" but that effectively says "The water looks cold." I was disappointed hearing that it was a single disk release to begin with, but I found that a backhanded joke.
I would have to found that to be plain lazy as well.

If they are just "testing the waters" that I don't know what kind of reaction they can expect from releasing a single episode single disc DVD.