Dvds

behemoth

Reaction score
Right now TimeLife has 15 volumes of the best of the Muppet Show on DVD. But I heard somewhere that they are supposed to be releasing 5 more for a total of 20 DVDS. Has anyone heard about this or know what episodes will be on them. Its too bad they have no plans to release full season sets on DVD. Oh yeah one more thing.....does anyone remember a sketch on the muppet show where i guy was in his house singing or something and he had a bunch of birds. And then at the end a huge bird crashed through the wall and took the bird out of the cage and put the man in it. Does anyone know what this sketch is called or know what episode it was from?

P

Philip Kippel

Originally posted by behemoth
does anyone remember a sketch on the muppet show where i guy was in his house singing or something and he had a bunch of birds. And then at the end a huge bird crashed through the wall and took the bird out of the cage and put the man in it. Does anyone know what this sketch is called or know what episode it was from?
That sketch is from the Nancy Walker episode.

That sketch can also be seen in the Playhouse video "Gonzo Presents Muppet Weird Stuff".

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Are they going to be releasing all 20 on Video too or are the last five just going to be released on DVD?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
This reminds me...

At Muppet Show Live, Bunsen was talking to Kermit about "these new fangled CD's/DVD's, which I'm sure everyone knows about by now" and my buddy Scarecroe shouted out, Kermit, Bunsen, Beaker, and Pepe (?) looked up and Kermit said to him, "Well, HE knows about them!" :smile:

FOZ

scarecroe

Reaction score
Originally posted by behemoth
Right now TimeLife has 15 volumes of the best of the Muppet Show on DVD. But I heard somewhere that they are supposed to be releasing 5 more for a total of 20 DVDS. Has anyone heard about this or know what episodes will be on them.
It's Columbia Tristar who has the adidtional 5 volumes on their slate, but that's only if they ever get around to them. They're taking their time releasing them even more than Time-Life did. With only two volumes being released at a time (so far), and no sign of a release date for the next pair, we could be here for a while. Some cool company needs to step in, take over and do a complete boxed set.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Re: This reminds me...

Originally posted by Fozzie Bear
At Muppet Show Live, Bunsen was talking to Kermit about "these new fangled CD's/DVD's, which I'm sure everyone knows about by now" and my buddy Scarecroe shouted out, Kermit, Bunsen, Beaker, and Pepe (?) looked up and Kermit said to him, "Well, HE knows about them!" :smile:
[-sniff-] Muppet moments from a simpler time. My 15 Seconds with Kermit the Frog.

Kev buddy, I sure hope we get to do that again :smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Indeed we shall, My friend!

You to my right, Matt and Nick and Lori to my left...it'd be just like old times all right!

Oh, there's no place like home...there's no place like home...there's no place like...oh, fudge it!

MUPPETFEST, OR BUST!!

FOZ

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I just went to Virgin Megastore and they have the lamest old shows in DVD boxed sets. I just wonder - why not the Muppets? Just weirdness.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
"They have the lamest old shows in DVD boxed sets. I just wonder - why not the Muppets? Just weirdness."

YOU CALLIN THE MUPPETS LAME?????

Just kiddin, I knew what you meant! :smile:

FOZMO

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
LOL! Eeeeeeeeeeek! It just bugged me because they had like 2 Muppet Show DVDs in the kid's section and all these boxed sets of all these other shows in a special section. :frown: