dying beige fleece

faze

Reaction score
i have some beige pola fleece and want to dye it if possible a light blue

is there some how to do it?

faze

Reaction score
where wuld i be able to get RIT? wal mart ? zellers? or grocery stores?

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Try contacting RIT and ask who carrys the die in Southern Ontario. Wal-Mart used to, but I don't think they do anymore.

Blink

Reaction score
Buck-Beaver said:
Try contacting RIT and ask who carrys the die in Southern Ontario. Wal-Mart used to, but I don't think they do anymore.
Walmart does still carry it as does Michael's, but you can contact RIT if you can't find the colour you need between the two stores.

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
faze said:
i have some beige pola fleece and want to dye
as far as i know, POLAR fleece does not dye, i do not know anyone who can dye POLAR fleece, u might be better off buying some light blue polar fleece, it does come in a lot of colors

Blink

Reaction score
ravagefrackle said:
faze said:
i have some beige pola fleece and want to dye
as far as i know, POLAR fleece does not dye, i do not know anyone who can dye POLAR fleece, u might be better off buying some light blue polar fleece, it does come in a lot of colors
I guess I skipped the first part of the post. Ravagefrackle is absolutely correct. Polar fleece is terrible to try to dye.

I say hit the fabric district of Toronto or Hamilton and you should be able to find what you need. I fact there was a store on Ottawa St. in Hamilton that had a big selection of polar fleece the last time I was there.

I forget the name of the store, but it can be fun looking through fabric stores on a Saturday afternoon. You can always go a check out what they have there.

Even the Fabriclands around the GTA carry a good selection of polar fleece.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I missed the "polar" part of the post too. Ooops.

Just FYI Faze, anything that is 100% cotton or a natural fiber will usually take dye. Man-made materials like polyester, spandex, etc. usually don't. If you're not sure ask at the fabric store when you buy the material and they can usually help you.

faze

Reaction score
i contacted wal mart where i bought my polar fleece from and the lady said ya you can dye polar fleece if its a lighter color it wont be a problem and yes wal mart has the rit dye