1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

E-mail alerts

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by RedPiggy, Sep 1, 2008.

1. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

I don't get it. For some strange reason, I'm not getting email alerts (particularly the fanfiction subscribed threads). It's either hit or miss or not at all. I've checked to make sure the email address is correct and the threads have instant email alert checked.
  2. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Yeah... We sometimes go through that at certain times around here. I've been getting notifications like normal, so maybe it'll hit en mass soonish. Then again, you should try contacting Phillip Chapman directly to let him know about the problem.

Hope this helps. :grouchy:
  3. RedPiggy

well, I finally got one, so maybe the email drought has ended :D

Thanks anyway.
  4. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

If you still have problems, please post here and let us know.
  5. The Count

Hey Phil... For some reason I'm not getting notifications of new PM's received that pop up when I log on to the forums here.

Edit: Okay, so I got the notifications for the 2 PM's from earlier today... But now I'm not getting any other thread post notifications.
    Hope this helps. :grouchy:
  6. ngreen522

ngreen522 New Member

ok, I'm having an issue. I can't seem to figure out how to UNSUBSCRIBE to threads that I view. I've been getting WAY to many email alerts, and I tried changing the options page to "no email alert" but I was still getting them. I just changed it again to "do not subscribe". I'll know if that worked after I post this. If I'm doing something wrong, please let me know. Thanx
  7. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

I wish it did not subscribe you to a new topic everytime you post to one :p. I turn them off, but having to do it after posting in a new topic I have not before is silly after a while :p
  8. Phillip

Go into your control panel and look under "edit options". You can change your default subscription privileges there.
  9. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

Thank you! :D *hugs and kisses*
  10. The Count

Hate to say it... But I haven't been receiving all notifications lately. And the ones I do get are with a considerable time-delay lag. Hope this can get fixed.
  11. The Count

Hi... Like I said before, my message/new member notifications aren't being received. At least, not all of them. And the ones I do get are notifications of posts already made and surpassed by other posts by the time I get to the thread itself. Hope this can be fixed. :grouchy:
  12. RedPiggy

Yeah, that's been happening to me too. I'll be reading a bunch of posts and much later I get an alert about posts I saw awhile ago.
  13. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

I haven't been receiving notification on time for any of the PMs I've been getting... They've been coming hours after getting them. :smirk: Hope this can be fixed!
  14. Phillip

We updated some e-mail settings this morning. Let us know how things are running for everyone today.
  15. The Count

Well, the new user notifications are slowly catching up, hope the other thread notifications follow suit.
  16. The Count

Hi Phil. Unfortunately, the notifications have slowed down to the old standard of arriving several hours late after I've already read the post on the forum. Rully hope this can be fixed as it's a necessary tool when dealing with recently-registered new users.

Thanks for all the work you do on keeping this place running. :super:
  17. Bert&ErnieRule

Bert&ErnieRule New Member

Please unsubscribe me from anything I post. I'll just come in here and read what people have to say.
  18. Phillip

Please go into your control panel and look under "edit options". You can change your default subscription privileges there. It's up to you to choose whether or not to receive e-mail notifications.
  19. The Count

Um Phil... Don't know what to tell you, but I'm unhappy with the lack of proper email notification. Last night it was working well, even earlier this morning I was on pace with what was happening on the forums... But ever since the noon/afternoon hours, it's completely stopped. Receiving email notifications promptly is of critical usefulness to me, I've fallen behind with the new members registering and have to recur to logging on to check who's in the Online section ferreting out new names and dealing with them as needed. Please, I hope that the problem can get fixed and stay fixed soon.

Thanks for listening.
  20. Phillip

I made some more changes earlier today. Let us know how notifications are running for everyone now.