1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

E-mail from Sugith Varughese

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Princeton, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Princeton

Princeton Active Member

For those who don't know, Sugith was a writer on Fraggle Rock. I e-mailed him on a whim asking him what his favorite episode was of the ones he wrote and told him that my favorite is Home Is Where The Trash Is. Here's his reply:

"Hi Brian

Thanks for your email. Fraggle Rock was the best writing job I ever had and miss it and the wonderful people--all artists I worked with. We've lost so many since then, the latest being Jerry Nelson who played Gobo and Marjory.

I'd say Home Is Where the Trash Is is my favourite as well. I wrote it as an homage to one of my heroes, Samuel Beckett. I tried to write Philo and Gunge as a pair of Beckett's tramps. And their dream of home was also a Beckett influence. I was also proud of Wander McMooch. I'm so pleased you liked it.

Thanks for writing.

Sugith Varughese"

2. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

That's cool you heard from him. It's great to see how much he liked working on Fraggle Rock, and what kind of influences he used when writing scripts for the show. Thank you for sharing.

Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  3. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Neat Princeton, cool that you got a response. I never really even heard much about Mr. Varughese, so he's someone I've got to check out his credits...

4. Collgoff

Collgoff Well-Known Member

That's great that you Emailed one the Fraggle Rock writers Princeton.

Where did you get his Email address?

I would like to ask him a few questions myself!