E-Mail Problems

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Phil and other assorted mods... Noticed something about the E-mail notification system lately. When I do happen to get notifications of new posts I'm subscribed to, they're usually retroactive notifications arriving at my inbox late.
For example: Vic Romano posts in the T*K*O ...And Then I Wrote thread.
And yet, I don't get the E-mail saying he's posted until after I come to the forums and check that post or after turning my computer on for a second time after checking out the post.

Additionally, I find that I'm not receiving notifications to some threads altogether. For example, noticed that the story FanFiction: The Predicement was at the top of the FanFic and FanArt section, and yet I have/had no notification stating a new post was made in that thread from the last time I visited.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I changed a setting in this area for you this morning. Let me know how the e-mail notifications are running for you from this point forward.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK... Here's a rundown of what I have to report.

Can go and get the times of the notifications...
Received:
The RHLC! (Friends & Family),
Once Upon My Heart (FanFiction & FanArt),
Muppet Survivor 2 (Games).

Did not receive notification for:
E-mail Problems (Feedback),
Muppet College Dorms, The Next Semester (Games).

Only reason I found the new posts was cause I saw this thread had a new reply, bumping it to the top of the heap as the current topic in the Feedback section when browsing to see what else was new, and cause I'm always checking up on the dorms to help everybody who's registered as residents there.
Hope this helps.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just tweaked something else... let me know how things are now.

By the way, do you logout of the forum each time you are done?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... Got a few more notifications, course I was in the forums, so it's not that unusual. Got the notification for this one and a PM from Kim, but still not getting any notifications to new posts in the dorms thread.

Oh, to answer your question... No, I don't log off. Logged in with the "Remember Me" feature, so all I do is just come in here via the bookmark I have in My Favorites and click on the link to go straight to the forums and whatever thread I want to check.
Hope this helps.

PS: Sent you an answer to the song "One Banana", LMK if you got it.
Have a good night.

PS2: Once it's done with all the photos and everything, should I send you an E-mail with my review of the SS figures that never got released?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Count,

Please try logging out of the forum when you are done. I think this may be the cause of why you are only getting some of the notifications because if you are "active" (logged in) within a certain amount of time browsing the forum you may not get a notification because you are on-line.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK... If you say so, will try it today. Was out yesterday, problems with my home connection, all good now.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So, since you have been logging out have the notifications been more consistent?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Somewhat... Did the logging off technique often back in the beginning of the week, but rully the notifications I did and didn't get seemed to remain the same whether I logged off or remained logged on.

Seems like the threads I don't get notifications for, no matter if I'm logged on or if I've logged off are:
Muppet College Dorms.
The Moppet Family.

I get notifications for some of the fanfics but not all of them.
Didn't get notifications for new posts in:
An Unbreakable Bond.
The Choice - A Fraggle FanFic Story.
Gotten notifications for updates in:
Old Friends Who've Just Met.
Flippersteps in the Sand.

Other than those sections and threads, I do happen to get notifications for most of the other threads I'm subscribed to. Not sure what the problem may be, just reporting what's happening.
Hope this helps.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Count,

Just wanted to check to see how the e-mail notifications were running for you after the server move. As I posted earlier, we'll be doing some vBulletin updates this weekend as well. Let me know if all of the notifications are showing up for you now.