Early Kermit Plush? O-o

Kiki

Reaction score
Hi guys!

While I was on holidays only a few days ago I went to a shop and came across this gorgous Kermit plushy. He looked quite old and sorta scruffy ("well-loved" :wink:), and he still had the tag on. It said 'Henson 1955, 1976' (so I'm guessing he's from the '70s) and also had Jim Henson's signature on the tag (not an actual autograph, obviously! :wink:) and he was from Fisher-Price.
He's little yes were a little scratched, but I still would've bought him, only... heh, he was a little out of my price range. :wink: Although I'm still rather curious about this little character, anyone know anything else? Thanks!

Kiki

Kiki

Reaction score
Also, I have a feeling I may have the same one somewhere, although he's a little darker and in somewhat better condition than the one I saw in the shop, but no bum tag. I shall post a pic if that helps.

muppetperson

Reaction score
That is from the start of the Muppet Show merchandise.The earliest kermit plush/puppet was made in 1965 by ideal.

Kiki

Reaction score
Hi,

It sounds like the Kermit you have was made by Fisher Price, here is a link to one at ebay at the mo, I hope you didnt pay too much for him?

http://cgi.ebay.com/1976-VINTAGE-KE...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:0|293:1|294:50

Chris
That's the one- thanks! Yeah, I checked out the bum-tag and everything, that's the exact one (only the eBay one is in better condition). Does he have valcro (sp?) on his hands? If so, I actually own him, only I wasn't certain at first because of the tag, which mine doesn't have. Thanks, guys!

Kiki

Reaction score
He's little yes were a little scratched...
Oh, that makes no sense. I meant his "eyes" not his... "yes". Just wanted ot clear that up. I do some weird typo's at times... :confused: