Early Review on the Very Merry Muppet Christmas DVD

King Prawn

Reaction score
okay well it's not so much of a review since i'm terrible at reviews but more of me just disscussing te whole thing.

Anyway before I start going into detail here's a little more info on the special features without giving away to much for those who don't want to be spoiled.

Firstly there are a total of 7 deleated scenes plus two more hidden away as Easter egg's. These two can be found as so:

1) on the main menu move the arrows on the remote as if you're trying to get to the word Merry (Part of the title at the top) you'll be able to and there there's a deleated scene.

2) as soon as the special feature's menu open's click the up arrow and you'll be able to highlight some mistle toe, there you'll find another deleated scene.

Sadly out of the nine deleated scenes (which I know of) there is no Electric Mayhem & Snoop Dogg scene, I was really hoping fr that one.

Inside Pepe Studio is Fantastic, i'll go into more detail later.

The Blooper's most of you from the US are aware of.

Into more detail-
It's a shame some of the deleated scenes were cut out of the movie especially the Moulin Scrooge which featured Sam the Eagle, which by the way sounds fantastic here, Clash is really good, although it might not have been seen through the little "How will I afford my top.." line which Sam has, but here it is really good, for a second I forgot it was Kevin voicing him and when I remembered I was so surprised.

One of the Easter Egg's deleated scenes has the boss angel (Matthew Lilliard?) saying **** which isn't really sahocking to here ina movie but when it's a Muppet movie it sure is.

A guy claiming he is the real santa cancel's on Kermit for the show and Kermit quickly replaces him with Bobo after some audition, which explains why at the end of the movie Bobo is dressed like Santa, they should have kept that and thrown a Santa sketch into the christmas show, they should have used Bobo more and he seemed perfect for the part.

There was more Bouncer Beaker in the movie who sadly was cut out of.

--------------

There was a trailer for the Muppet Party Cruise coming this November and I must say it's looking good, can't remember much of it from the top of my head but it looks great.

----------------

The bloopers are great (I hadn't seen them being from the UK) but they were so funny and most of you in the US must be familliar with them, Beaker speaking out of character with that squeaky voice and Howard kissing Kermit on the lips is jus so funny.

-------------------

Inside Pepe's Studio is great, except that Pepe although he's hillarious, is very out of character, he's wearing a suit, has glasses and is reading everything he is saying, and the studio he is given looks very cheap, they should havee used like Jay Leno's setting or something and although some Muppets were intervied they were not intervied on stage by Pepe which was a shame. Pepe Mispronounced everyones names (Tell me about Hoopie (Whoopie)) and whilst Kirt Thatcher tries to talk during a clip they show of him working with Jim Henson Pepe starts insulting him telling him he looks like a girl, Kirt ignores Him but Pepe contiues to insult him

-------------------

The main menu's are abit dissapointing, it look's southparkish, they've cut out Muppet images of Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Pepe & for some reason Bunsen and have the cut out's jumping up and down, it's not that bad but it looks very cheap.

There's alot more I want to say butmy computer's acting funny (it's been for the last two weeks that's why I havn't been posting, anyway i'm afraid it'll freeze or something (It's so slow it's taken me about half an hour to write this) and i'll lose all this, i'll try to get back on later if i can so if you have any question's let me know and i'll answer them.

Ps. just remembered the DVD come's with no insert to direct you through the chapters, although it does come with a nice little Muppet Booklet where you can actually order some stuff and a preview of Vet's Hospital figures, which really don't look like great, I'm surprised the Action figures didn't make it in here.

anyway hope this was fun to read

see you later

King Prawn

Reaction score
Here's a little bit more info, I don't know if I or someone else has mentioned this before, I think someoe has, anyway inside there a little booklet promoting Muppet stuff and there's a picture of the Vets Hospital plushes, they don't look very good actually but it's something and atleast they come with Camillaas a patiant.

Also if you look closley during the Inside Pepe's Studio segment you see that in the club dot scene the a Sal puppet dressed as a woman, blond hair, tight t-shirt, lipstick... this gives the impression that in a world without Kermit, Sal would turn gay, I don't know how that happened.