Easiest and Cheapest way to make Miss Piggy, or Lucy The ****?

Muppet Loverr

Reaction score
Really all I need is the Head...

I need a very detailed explaination. It can even be made out of cloth...I was looking everywhere for a good explaination,But i cant seem to find one. So all i want to know is...what the cheapest price would be. Where i can get the material. And how long would it mostly take for me to make it. Ether one will do! THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
I'm *so* not an expert...

My best guess:
polyurethane foam, carve it, airbrush it...Not sure how expensive the blocks are. I'd imagine you can get it from an air conditioner supply store? POSSIBLY an upholstery shop.

BorkBork

Reaction score
Here's a link to a picture of miss piggy in the making. You can clearly see that she's pieced together by foam sheets. I think the head is carved block foam though (but if it is the head he's holding in he's hands, then it is sheets of foam)
I don't remember where i got that pic from, but if anyone feels i stole it from them, my excuses to you. Credit goes to who ever supplied that pic in the first place.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
The original puppet head was carved, later ones were made with a mold.

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
Turkey Carving Knife, scissors, axe...really however you're most comfortable.

I usually use scissors, but I hear electric knives are all the rage.

Muppet Loverr

Reaction score
IM SOO STUPID...BUT how would you cut a head, if the block of foam is square? Would you do a profile? And does it have to be a certain type of foam. (Beacuse i am sure i can find someone...throwing an old couch away.)

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
You're not stupid.

Hey I'm going to recommend Puppet Planet, by John Kennedy.

I took a workshop from him on carving foam heads over the summer & the project we did is in the book. he's a great guy & I love the puppet I created while in the workshop.