Eating Jaffa Cakes....

Beauregard

Reaction score
So, the questian is do you people, or is it just me, nibble the chocolate of off the jaffa cake, eat the orange filling and then the rest of the cake. Or am I weird? :concern:

Bea:zany:{Am I weird just for asking?}regard

Beauregard

Reaction score
*Shocked breath*

A jaffa cake is the size of a biscuit (cookie to Americans) and has a thin sponge base, a jelly like orange filling and chocolate over to top. Yummy, my favorite type of biscuit.

So, if not jaffa cakes, do you take coconut creams apart? Or boubons?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
First, I eat the white creamy stuff out of an oreo before I eat the bread of the cookie. I rip a Twinkie in half and lick out all the cream filling. King Dons I pull apart and eat teh cream out first.

Beauregard

Reaction score
OK, so what is an oreo, King Don, or Twinkie?

Whatever

Reaction score
heehee I see we are experiencing culture differences here. Don't ask me- I gave up trying to describe American food last year after the 10 millionth time in Germany.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
OK, so what is an oreo, King Don, or Twinkie?
Visit the official sites:
http://www.oreo.com/

http://www.tinotopia.com/dingdongs.htm
There's really not a whole site that I could find for Hostess desserts or their home company, Continental baking Company. Here's a letter from them regarding King Dons:

Thank you for your recent comments regarding the naming of our HOSTESS King Dons Cake.

Many years ago, the HOSTESS product Ding Dongs Cake was introduced with a bell as part of the advertising. So as not to confuse our product with a competitor's product, in certain regions the name was changed to King Dons, while in other areas the same product was called Big Wheels.

In the past, the original Ding Dongs Cake (with the bell) became Ding Dongs Cakes (without the bell), King Dons, or Big Wheels, depending upon the region.

In January 1987, our Marketing Department decided that in order to have national continuity, one name for a product was necessary, and the original Ding Dongs name was chosen.

This decision was short lived. In June 1987, the name King Dons was added, for the same reason as explained previously, to avoid confusing one product with a competitor's product which has a similar sounding name.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Sheeesh.

And all this over Jaffa Cakes.

*Yummy by the way*