EB Games..Canada..Noooooo

Lunatic Daring

Reaction score
Bad news for us canucks, and I do not know if this will apply to the U.S, but I just got confirmation from EB Games that they will no longer be selling toys of any kind...ie, goodbye Muppet figures! They have by far been the cheapest (if not a little scattered) of any Toronto Muppet figure supplier. They said it would apply to all of Canada as far as they knew, but did not know about the states. ToysRUs also did not pick up the Muppets after series one, so finding the figures here for series 3 will be a real pain in the butt, or at least a financial hit. Anyhoo, sorry to bear the bad news, but best to know early!

uncleduke

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. Personally EB does not really stock toys here anyway.
I was at one of them today, and all they had were some Dragonball Z figures and the Simpsons Prom playset.
Do you have Mediaplay/on Cue/ Music Land/Suncoast up there? they seem commited ot the line.
Also Ken stated there was a major retailer coming on board for the series begining with (I think) series 4.

Lunatic Daring

Reaction score
Originally posted by uncleduke

Do you have Mediaplay/on Cue/ Music Land/Suncoast up there? they seem commited ot the line
Nope, nope, nope, nope. It isn't pretty at all! There is a huge downtown comic store (Silver Snail) that always has them, they are very reliable, but they charge (currently for series 2) $15.99 CAN where EBX charges $9.99 CAN so that's a huge difference when we're looking at many series to come. I visit NYC a few times a year and it may actually be cheaper to buy them there and pay the outrageous exchange which may still make it more cost effective. It's just more hassle and more cash, so I dearly hope someone in Toronto (and Can in general) realizes the *need* for our precious fig's! Thanks for the empathy though:stick_out_tongue:

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
It's annoying, but I am fed up with EB anyway...They've been jerking me around too much on series 2, and I STILL haven't got my red floyd...gonna buy him from a comic store and just get my money back I guess....looks like it'll be a preorder from my comic place in scarboro for 14.99 a figure instead...which really, is still a pretty good deal and with exchange I think is the same/a bit less than americans pay. It's just that getting them for 9.99 CDN has spoiled us :big_grin:

Lunatic Daring

Reaction score
Hey Stryder,

Every EBX I have been in has had tooons of red shirt Floyds, however, my aunt also visits the ones in Scarborough and asst burbs and they are (as I am sure you know) out of him, so I went to my local EB (Dufferin mall) where they had tons of them, and of course, they are totally sold out too. Tomorrow I need to pop down to the Eaton Centre which had them a few days ago, if they still have them, I'll ask them to put one on hold for you and I'll email you if they can, cool? If you can't pick it up, they can just stick it back on the shelves. She is desperate for one, so I promised I'd go check it out.

The 9.99 CDN is sure unbeatable, it's gonna be soooo hard to swallow paying 5 and 6 bucks more! We'll have to do some store research when the next line comes out and see who wins the honour of our business!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Try EBGames.com. They always have stuff in stock.

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
eb games charges way more for shipping to canada than they do for the figure! It's intolerable!!

Lunatic..thanks, let me know! I also plan to check a mall here in markham tonight and see...scarboro's a waste...

Lunatic Daring

Reaction score
Just a head's up, if you find any Muppets left at an EB, they are probably 2 for 1 (ie, $5 CDN a fig!!!) unbelievable!!! It's HORRID that they are doing this, but at least they're giving a deal with their demise. What I can't understand is why they are in such a hurry to discount everything and get it out, the Muppets were selling great, so you'd think they would just wait until they sold at their already great price of $9.99, but I guess they are impatient.

This is good news for all the rip-off comic stores though:mad:

At least I got all of series 2 from them...we'll have to start plotting the best way to get 3 without an arm and a flipper!

GPrime1

Reaction score
Yeah, I got the impression from EB that they really weren't committed to the line here in Canada. They seemed to order only one case and whatever I had preordered (which was only the Playset). But the few EB games I visited in the States over the holidays were just packed with Muppet stuff. It was really good to see. Also, Suncoast and Sam Goody were dependable for stuff like that. It's really a shame we don't have anything like that up here. I know that Virgin Records carried some of Series One about two months after it had been released, but I haven't been down there for quite some time, so I have no way of knowing if they've continued with Series 2. But, seeing as how I rarely ever get over there I probably won't ever know. I guess my suggestion would be to make a run for the border when you know that Series 3 is out, that is if you live close enough to the US to take advantage of that!