EB Games Figs at $2.52!

Beth C

Reaction score
NO JOKE... I went to my EB Games at the mall tonight and I was surprised to find the series 7 AND the series 8 figs in their clearance bin. On top of that, they had a sign up that states: Take an Additional 70% ( YES SEVENTY Percent!) off the posted price of any clearance merchandise.

They were marked at $8.41 each. After discount they rang up at an UNBELIEVABLE $2.52 before tax. I got the last 3 Smollets, the last Robin, the Usher Scooter, Beauregard and a Clifford. I'm going back tomorrow (if possible, I need to get more money!) and I want to get Dr. Van Neuter, Marvin Suggs, Sam the Eagle, awwww heck, I'll just clean them out.

Not a bad deal, right? Does anyone need figs??

~Beth C

WiGgY

Reaction score
Cripes, this is bad news. Retail support is dead for this line. I'm so glad Palisades set up Palisades Direct and is not afrain of putting figures that may not sell through fast.

Beth C

Reaction score
Bad news??? It was great news for me! I had to put my figure collecting on hold as I couldn't afford $9.99 per fig. Now I can catch up and I'll only be missing the first 4 series! or is that 5?? I felt so left out when everyone got the new figs and I had to look at them on the shelves.

Now I can get all the missing ones and not have to worry about spending my money for bills.

I can actually have a Smollet of my own. I can actully have a Beaugregard of my own.

I don't think all EB Games are doing this. I live in a city that has a LOT of elderly people so some things don't sell very well here. I'm just happy that I decided to check the mall today. Now I just gotta get the rest and I'll be happy as a clam!

~Beth C

WiGgY

Reaction score
Oh it's great if you are missing figures, need them to customize, or just like having extras. The bad news is that it's just another sign of the death of the muppet line at retail. I mean, we started with the idea of 14 series. Now 9 is barely getting out and everything else is on sale. So, it's great if you need the old figures. It stinks if you want more new ones.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I agree with Wiggy. While it is good news short term for you Beth C it is bad news for the future of the Muppets action figure line. :concern:

Beth C

Reaction score
Y'know, I must be crazy or something. Here I am, at the mall, finding a bargain and wanting nothing more than to share with people whom I thought would be as happy as I was to get a bargain.

I picked up 7 figures last night for under $20. At normal price I would have had to pay $70 + tax. I thought I might share just in case someone else wanted some figures cheap.

Now it all seems like you guys think it's the death of the Muppet line. You have to consider my location, as well as the volume in the store and the fact that the holidays are coming. I'm pretty sure that just because MY store is having a major clearance on stuff that is not selling on their shelves means that every EB Games is doing this.

The Tyrone Mall (where the EB games is located) is known for being a clothing mall mainly so some stuff does not sell there very well. I'm pretty sure the line will continue, and I hope it does.

The Suncoast at the other end of the SAME MALL still has Muppet stuff at regular price and I'm told it sells pretty well. The plushies are always flying off the shelves when they get them in.

It all depends on the location, the market and the demand. No one likes walking to the far end of the mall where there is nothing but the EB Games, a Claire's (teen store), a Dillards, and a Payless shoe store.

It was a good find, not a marker of death. Jeez, lighten up and be happy for someone who was DYING to get some figs after months of listening to everyone say how nice they were!

I'd rather buy them myself and put them on my shelf where they will be enjoyed rather than have some scalper walk in the store and buy them to sell on Ebay at a gigantic markup.

OK, I'm done ranting now... just had to get that off my chest. I lucked out and I'm happy I did.

*sticks out tongue* NYAH! You're jealous!

~Beth C

Luke

Reaction score
I don't think anyone is unhappy for you personally Beth. It's just this isn't the first major Muppet markdown lately, there have been many - some national. They aren't good signs for the line at retail but then it's already decided that after S9 they won't be at retail any longer so the fate has already been decided regardless really. On one hand it's great to see a Muppet fan picking up a bargain but on the other hardcore collectors will feel it's a shame these didn't sell better in the stores overall lately.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Yeah. I've picked up stuff on sale too, but when I do I feel kind of bad because it means no one would buy it at the retail price. Too many times I've seen a series sit in the store until it goes on sale. Series 7 stayed for a long time with almost none of the figures selling.

Beth C

Reaction score
Luke said:
I don't think anyone is unhappy for you personally Beth. It's just this isn't the first major Muppet markdown lately, there have been many - some national. They aren't good signs for the line at retail but then it's already decided that after S9 they won't be at retail any longer so the fate has already been decided regardless really. On one hand it's great to see a Muppet fan picking up a bargain but on the other hardcore collectors will feel it's a shame these didn't sell better in the stores overall lately.

I know.. i was just making a point. My area really is mainly old folk (no offense to anyone) and they don't buy muppets too much. I'm just happy to get what I can get. It's too bad they aren't going to be selling retail anymore because then I will have to pay full price no matter what and I'm pretty sure my collection will stop at that point becuase I can't afford $40 per series for toys.

Ah well.. all's good in the end. At least I get some!

~Beth C

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
I bought my Clifford for under $3, and my local Suncoast is marking down Series 7 figures (currently at 5 something, I believe). I would like to congratulate you, Beth C, for your finds. My EB Games doesn't even have any Muppets in stock. I scratch and claw to be able to keep Muppets merchandise within my budget, and I have been very fortunate. I have a Sam Goody/Suncoast membership, and I get $5 and $10 gift coupons in the mail (normally this is based on amounts of money I spend, but sometimes they are "thank you" coupons). I often apply these to my Muppets, so a good portion of my Palisades collection has been discounted. I only wish I could afford all of the plushes and oddball items (like the Muppets magnetic dartboard) but unfortunately I can't stretch my budget that far.