eBay Muppet Treasures and How You Found Them!

dmoss

Reaction score
Lots of times, there are treasures to be found when you look hard enough...and sometimes for a great price! eBay usually has some great products, but with high prices, or outrageous shipping charges. However, once in a while, there's a special Muppety item that you snag at a steal!

What have you gotten on eBay that was a great Bargain lately, and how did you stumble upon it?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
When I first saw the title, I thought this had to do with the 1985 video Muppet Treasures.

aritario

Reaction score
Hello everyone! The truth is that this post has come at the right time for me because it is during these days I'm looking for some figures for my new collection of muppets. It turns out that it was through ebay as I can make this dream a reality, as in amazon.com is the opposite with their high prices. At least on ebay, many of us have the opportunity to supply the amount we may wish to pay and at different times, that's one of the keys that can open the doors of a good business with the auctions. It is always good to pay attention to the different times when the auction ends, or check the time by zones as though many do not believe that influences when competing with other potential buyers. For example, in U.S. we have differences in four areas and therefore the active time of all is different. I personally, have had better luck shopping in the morning than at night.

Another important point, if you want a particular item then save it in your "watching items" list and keep checking at least once a day to see if there are changes during the time of sale and then waits for the last minutes to place your bets and always keep refreshing the page.

Just yesterday I received Newsman and movie Usher Scooter. Earlier today I got Janice (pink shirt version) and now I am waiting another 22 figures.

**Here I show those found on ebay with the price, not including shipping.

UNCLE DEADLY .......................................$4.99
THE NEWSMAN .......................................$8.99
Beauragard ............................................$9.99
Lew Zealand ..........................................$9.99
Steppin' Out Fozzie .................................$9.99
KERMIT THE FROG SERIES ONE MOC ...........$9.99
HOLIDAY RIZZO RED SLEEVES MIB ..............$9.99
HOLIDAY RIZZO GREEN SLEEVES MIB ...........$9.99

Pops Figure ............................................$11.99
Mega Muppets Sweetums ..........................$12.99
Clifford Figure Green Shirt ..........................$13.99
DR. TEETH SERIES ONE MOC ......................$14.00
Movie USHER SCOOTER .............................$14.99
MARVIN SUGGS .......................................$17.41
STATLER SERIES SIX MOC .........................$18.28
W W Exclusive Ghost of Sam Arrow .............$18.99

WALDORF SERIES SIX MOC ........................$20.50
ROWLF TUXEDO wit Piano ..........................$24.12
W W Exclusive Tuxedo Gonzo & Bernice ........$24.99

TMS 25 Years Floyd Pepper Red Shirt ...........$30.00
Janice Electric Mayhem pink shirt .................$34.99
Vaudeville Statler & Waldorf ........................$45.00

Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy,
Dr. Teeth, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew,
and Muppet Labs Playset with Beaker ............$74.99

You believe it was a good deal or not?

Quazimoto

Reaction score
Sadly, I don't have the funds to grow a great collection, but I have found some awesome Muppetey things on eBay before.

Managed to find a Hasbro Softies Mokey plush (in absolute mint condition, with her original robe) for only $40 (with shipping - gotta love auctions that end in the middle of the night).

Also grabbed a Hasbro Wembley plush for only $17. Great condition with a tiny little scratch on the upper eye (not even noticeable from a distance).

Also snagged a 28" Gonzo plush for only $20. He needed re-stuffing, but I found some quality cotton for less that $5 on eBay as well.

Got a Sabbaba Fozzie Bear plush for under $20 ($18 I think) and a couple posters (Fraggle Rock & The Muppet Show) for around $5 each.

dmoss

Reaction score
Wowzers, aritario! You've been doing some heavy-duty collecting, too! :big_grin:

I have a couple tricks I use to find good bargains, but I'm waiting for a couple auctions to end before I say what exactly my ploys are...I don't want anybody to catch-on before they're over! You understand, one Muppet Fan to another...? :wink:

aritario

Reaction score
Hi dmoss! Yes, I understand. I also have other ways I have done much for quite some time.

Imagine that I started buying on ebay in 1996 and since then I have not stopped it. Then in 2000 I decided to double my presence in the auction market from a simple buyer to seller as well. Later, I started selling my custom figures based on the movie "Silent Hill" and then continue to make adjustments to the collection, changing rooms, selling repeated figures and others that no longer hold the same interest for many years.

Also, seeing as it is the economy we must also try some techniques that provide good buys without spending much. Nice to talk to you, good luck in your auctions and we are back here.

aritario

Reaction score
DLGabriel, congrats! You have some great items at good price.
Wow... 28" Gonzo! Incredible!

Quazimoto

Reaction score
DLGabriel, congrats! You have some great items at good price.
Wow... 28" Gonzo! Incredible!
Yeah, I was stoked to snag Gonzo. He looked really ragged when I got him (and in the picture, which probably helped in terms of other people losing interest), but once I did a little stuffing surgery, he really looks splendid next to my other plushes in the collection (the prize of which would have to be the pristine condition five foot Kermit The Frog, which was a $25 garage sale find).

I'd probably be a lot more active in buying on eBay if I had more funds to work with, though I'm sure that statement would hold true for just about everyone on this board.

Gonzo's Chicken

Reaction score
I got the Shrinky Dink set with the Muppet Stage for $10 several years ago. I had held a grudge against my mother for throwing my set out when I was little, and i had been looking for it for years.

Jivepuppet

Reaction score
In summer of 2000 I stumble upon the book "Of Muppets and Men" and somehow won for under $50.00! Back then it was always up there and high bids were over $100.00... It was a lucky find that no one else bid! And then the seller threw in a Muppet Workshop puppet (with no parts) as a gift. i didn't know it was going to be included until I got the book, the seller used the puppet to help pack the book and protect it from damage. Hahaha... I collect toy puppets so it was a fun addition to the collection!