eBay sellers reach an all-time 'dodgy' level...

Ryan

Reaction score
:rolleyes: crooks......... :grouchy: :boo:

very, very :crazy:

hee hee these smilies are so much fun!

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
What does 'Hand delivered by Jim Henson' mean? Are they suggesting they got the plush directly from Jim or (worse) that Jim will deliver it to the buyer? Also, the 1956 copyright? Excuse me? I'm pretty sure Fisher Price wasn't producing any Muppet anythings in 56.

So tacky. :frown:

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Funny that in his text he wrote "Jim Hensen".

Maybe that's just some dude who lives down the street from the guy!

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Well, do think of it on this level for a moment...

If this doll has the power to somehow resurrect Jim, who will then hand deliver it to you, wouldn't you be willing to pay?

On second thought, disregard that level of thinking. (heh)

Yet another pathos-drenched Muppet auction. They just keep getting better and better (or worse and worse, I guess).

-Matt

Sweetums74

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
Funny that in his text he wrote "Jim Hensen".

Maybe that's just some dude who lives down the street from the guy!
Ken's got a good point. I bet Jim Hensen was his dad's poker buddy and gave it to the kid.

Technically it wouldn't be a lie, but it definately is misleading and not very ethical.

C

ZootandDingo

Reaction score
Originally posted by MuppetQuilter
Also, the 1956 copyright? Excuse me? I'm pretty sure Fisher Price wasn't producing any Muppet anythings in 56.
No, but I do remember some of the FP Kermit products had a 1956 copyright in addition to the current year. Evidently that was when Jim copyrighted the first Kermit puppet.

So while the seller is ignorant, they aren't necessarily lying about the copyright listed.

:cool:

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
:smile: WOW!!!! I have that exact same Kermit plush. I'm pretty sure I can't find anybody to pay $150 for it. Then again, mine doesn't come hand delivered by Jim Hensen.:wink:

Fozzie

Reaction score
That's :crazy:RIDICULOUS! :crazy: Whos is going to believe that? That seller should probably be reported.

sugarbritchez

Reaction score
someone should email him and make an offer..........LOL just to see what he says!!!!!!!