Ed Sullivan Muppet Appearances

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Here is a complete list of Muppet Appearances on 'The Ed Sullivan Show'.

Thanks to the Henson Archives for the help !

http://www.angelfire.com/space/collect/EdSullivan.html

As you can see it still needs some additions, Like titles and dates.

And the point is that people can post in this thread if they have a particular sketch !

For trading purposes, Please say whether its straight from TV or from someone else.
So the quality can be determined.

Thanks

Joggy

Reaction score
I probably won't be able to trade due to technical difficulties but Warrick asked me to post mine, here goes:

Father and Son Monster
Music Hath Charms
Amanda An Ugly Romance
Visual Thinking
Godfrey and Monsters sing Christmas song
Reindeer
Southern Colonel
Mahna Mahna
I've Grown Accustomed To "Your Face" :big_grin:

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

Here is my list -

• Father and Son Monster
  • Music Hath Charms
  • Amanda An Ugly Romance
  • Visual Thinking
  • Java
  • Garbage Cans
  • Sclrap Flyap and Transition Man
  • Reindeer
  • Southern Colonel
  • Mahna Mahna
  • I’ve Grown Accustomed to Your Face

Although i cant trade either, Seeing as i cant copy from PAL to NTSC.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
There are places that can convert PAL to NTSC and vice versa; that's how I traded with Hans.

Hey Jog, I heard that TMS is on RTL4 again- that true? If so, have they run the Linda Lavin, Phyllis George, and Jean-Pierre Rampal eps yet?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Joggy

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gorgon Heap
There are places that can convert PAL to NTSC and vice versa; that's how I traded with Hans.

Hey Jog, I heard that TMS is on RTL4 again- that true? If so, have they run the Linda Lavin, Phyllis George, and Jean-Pierre Rampal eps yet?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
The Muppet Show ran on Yorin channel. After the Leslie Uggams episode (two weeks ago) they decided to cancel the Muppet Show in order to show infomercials.

Finally justice for those who desperately need to buy an Airbed or a new way to lose weight, and who really have nothing else to do than to watch that for 90 minutes.

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Here is my Ed Sullivan sketch list. All of these are recorded from TV and they are all suitable for trading.

Scrap Flyapp
Monster Father And Son
Whatnot With Rex Robbins (is this AKA Southern Colonel?)
Amanda
I've Grown Accustomed To Your Face
Muppet Reindeer
Visual Thinking
Mahna Mahna
Garbage Can Monster
Kermit and the Piano Monster (excerpt - could this be complete?) (I think this is AKA Music Hath Charms)

If anyone can hook me up with the ones I'm missing, please let me know. Email me to see what else I have to trade. I can record videos in almost any format, so don't stress about that.

Ryan

Reaction score
Originally posted by Boober_Gorg

Kermit and the Piano Monster (excerpt - could this be complete?) (I think this is AKA Music Hath Charms)
Yup. It is. The version of the clip circulating is a ceondensed version. In the beginning of the real unedited clip, Kermit reads the sheet music...which says "Music Hath Charm To Sooth The Savage Beast". He then plays and sees a Snerf pop up on the piano....and...well, you have the rest . I unfortunatley, have the edited version myself. :embarrassed:

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

The edited version we all have comes from 'The Best of Ed Sullivan' hosted by Carol Burnett.

In the show they have a whole bunch of clips from the show, One of them is the Snerf on the Piano.

Its only like two seconds long, But i managaed to catch iton tape !

This episode is also the one where Jim walks onto the stage to greet Ed, With Kermit on his arm in a Tuxedo.

I also got that from the same special.

EDIT: 'Southern Colonel is also known as Whatnot with Rex Robbins'.
He is called the Southern Colonel because the same Puppet was used in Muppets On Puppets and started out as the Southern Colonel before his changes.

see ya