1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website, official apps and the WinAmp Media Player. Learn More

Dismiss Notice
  3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Monday August 6 on PBS. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

Editing Posts and Custom Fonts and Colors

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Old Thunder, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Old Thunder

Old Thunder Well-Known Member

@Phillip is there a chance we could have the ability to edit posts without a time limit? It’s unfortunate when you make a typo and can’t change it when you see it.

Also, the ability to change text size, font, and color would be nice to have again. Would really spruce up the forum in certain posts.

Thanks.

2. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

I agree. It feels frustrating when you've realized you made a mistake when it's too late.

3. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

I would be able to update the Sesame Street meets other TV shows that I'm working on as well.

4. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Both were implemented to avoid abusing the privilege: they say they had to implement the time limit because apparently too many people were going back and completely editing/changing old posts, thus making replies to those posts confusing.

As for changing font sizes and colors, that was disabled for that very reason: too many people were sprucing up their posts with it, and apparently it was an annoyance.

Sadly, this is also why we're not allowed to have banners or pics in our signatures, because apparently the mods got annoyed with having to see the same pics scrolling through threads over and over again.

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  5. Old Thunder

Old Thunder Well-Known Member

It still shouldn't be taken away completely. No other forum does it.

6. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Other forums also get to have larger avatars, user ranks, restriction-free games boards, and other things that MC never had.

At least MC brought back polls: in the old days, only the mods could create polls, and they usually only did so for special events (a la a new Muppet project or TV appearance).

7. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

mc: super strict about posts and styling. removes basic forum functions
    also mc: won't ban anyone

makes sense

8. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Well, the issue there is the fact that we only have one admin that doesn't do anything other than post "your thoughts" threads. :smirk:

None the less, I applaud you for that post.

9. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

Preach, preach! :D

10. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Well-Known Member

this all be true my friends