Editorial: A new era or bad divorce?

SarahHIYE

Reaction score
I definately agree with you on all points. There are many pros and cons to the situation. The poor Fraggles though... I hadn't even thought about collaborations between the three until you mentioned it... How sad. :cry:
But you're right, we're all in this for the long haul. Nobody ever said that the ride wasn't bumpy, right? Let's hope eveyone's wearing their seat belts...
:smile:
Sarah

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
A really nicely written piece. I think it sums up a lot of the potential that this deal has, but does justice to the problems that a lot of us are worried about as well.

It does feel weird and sad that all of these characters are under different roofs, I agree. I am glad, though, that somebody is going to be making sure the Muppets come back in a big way--for me, the true test will come when we see the initial projects that come out of this deal. I'm most concerned about respect to the history and nature of these characters.

Anyway, Phil, thanks for the insightful article.

King Prawn

Reaction score
Thanks Phil, I was really intrested on reading your views on this.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
It's a really good editorial Philip. Thanks for posting it!

guysmiley4ever

Reaction score
wow, i was shocked to arrive at Muppet Central tonight and see the big news story! Disney and Henson? my immediate reaction...blah.
um, it doesn't really sound like a good idea.
someone refresh my memory, didn't Disney have Henson in their claws about ten years ago? or something...
I remember watching Henson movies and shows on the Disney channel.
Ah, those be the days...I remember when Disney was cool, when it was good.
It has really gone way down hill over the years. double blah.

Anyhoo, i have a creepy feeling about this whole deal.
I really enjoyed the editorial. Many wonderful points, very well written.
Wow, it really is like a bad, painful divorce...the 'family' got broken up, divided, and sent to different homes.
It's sad, kinda leaves ya with an uneasy feeling, too. :frown:

jediX

Reaction score
Wow... how profound, Phil. As usual, I'm very impressed. Everything I had to say and feel was there...kudos...

Erine81981

Reaction score
You did great. I know see what people are so mad about. Thanks for putting it in a way I could understand it. I kind of feel how the Fraggles fell now. Poor guys. :smirk: I remember when Fraggles came on Diseny along time ago now its just not fair. I hope maybe that if Disney gets Muppets (which I'm thinking there never going to let it happen that is what I'm about to say) is that they let Kermit back on street. He needs some time back on his Street. Poor Fraggles. I just can't think now. I'm kind of upset they left the Poor Fraggle five out like that. I'm still going to keep hoping for the Muppets and Fraggles to get back togeather.

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Great job Phil ! After read that editorial it really made my stomach turn * :embarrassed: *

What on earth were the Henson's Kids thinking of ? :sympathy: It make's me think there's no point being a muppet fan anymore :frown:

beaker

Reaction score
Phil, that was perhaps one of the best written articles Ive *ever* read on the disney/muppet thing...sadly it comes post script after the deal.
Ya nailed it home, and so did DW in another thread.

JHC without the muppets...the four main brands of TMS, SS, FR and BITBBH now all seperate entities and in different corporate hands...makes ya wish for the days of pre 2000.

I just hope for the best for the fans and the future now.