Eisner confirms Disney could buy Henson and Muppets soon

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I completely agree that JHC would somehow be absorbed into Disney. I hope something remains besides the name, but Disney ahould shake some things up because the current state of affairs isn't working for the Muppets. I also hope that they keep the Fox deal in play. ABC is the wrong place for the Muppets. They have such a confused vsion of what their network should be.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I've always felt Disney to be a bad choice for JHC. Better than Saban, but still a bad choice. It just means that we're going to end up with more crappy DVDs like Muppet Treasure Island and Muppet Christmas Carol.

I sincerely hope that if Disney acquires the Jim Henson Company that they'll listen to the input of the fans and not just do whatever they please with them. Could you just imagine? Disney could be popping out Muppet Treasure Island 2: Return to an Island Forgotten. It's about Smollett and Benjamina Gunn's two children who head out in search of buried treasure, little do they know that Long John Silver Junior is hot on their trail, and will stop at nothing to get the treasure before them. Oh, my God! If we start getting Muppet cheapquels, and everything Muppet ends up being like Kermit's Swamp Years, I could throw up! :grouchy:

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
I belive the final price will be just under 100 million. :wink:
I agree with ya - that sounds about right for the Henson Company without the Creature Shop attached - but is he lowballing the price or are they planning to pay less for less of the assets ? We just have no clear indication of this.

I'm also kinda scared Jim Hill is gonna come back to haunt us at MC now that the word 'Disney' has been mentioned again - can't we call it Dizney or something ? We need a codeword. It just creeps me out - last time he got a whiff of this he was posting fake rumors on his site that it would all be announced at EuroDisney to keep the Germans happy. If he offers to write another article for $40 i'll personally pay $50 to not print it - anyone else care to contribute to the campaign fund ?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Go back to sleep. Nobody's landed. Just kidding. Jim Hill is a contributer to Muppet Central. One of his articles rubbed forum members the wrong way. There was a lot of speculation that some MCers didn't appreciate and thought it marred the names of performers. I certainly don't think that was his intention, but a few people felt that way. It was quite a while ago and we haven't heard boo since so I guess things have moved on.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Super Scooter
Huh? What's up with Jim Hill? What happened?
Yeah what Jamie said - other than i agree that what he said in the article in question was not intentional, but it would take a total donkey not to have realised the conotations of what he was implying before he sent it in. Other than that, his articles are pure guesswork and are padded out with stories from the past (like the theme park stuff) when maybe he did have good contacts. I'm not disputing he's probably a nice person but from what i'm aware, the notion that he is still held in high regard at JHC is false. If he is an insider then i will cycle through Hollywood naked with a penguin on my back and do the mambo with Pepe The Prawn !

:rolleyes:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
If he is an insider then i will cycle through Hollywood naked with a penguin on my back and do the mambo with Pepe The Prawn !

:rolleyes:
I think I'll come with you. Got nothing better to do.

Maybe we could take a ride past Britney's house. We could wave and throw confetti!

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Sad irony: I find out that my 7-year dream MAY come true, while at the same time, I'm watching the President talk to the nation.

Either way, it does seem that Disney is trying to buy Jim Henson Co. for whatever it's worth. What's wrong, Luke? Didn't you want Disney to buy JHC at one point? Not so much expecting it, but supporting it?

Now, the President has stopped speaking.

foofoocakes

Reaction score
They will:smile: no wait maybe they wont:grouchy: oh probably they might:crazy: But someone said they heard someone say that it posiibly could happen:excited:

PLEEEAAASSSEEE!!!!!!!!!!

Not that I wouldnt buy a ticket to see super scooter naked with a penguin and Pepe. Although we would have to post it at a different websight.:flirt: