Eisner confirms Disney could buy Henson and Muppets soon

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
yeah... muppetcentraltheratedxversion.com.....jamie...can we expect good graphics?

haha

Sarah

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just for the record, Jim Hill has never been paid a cent for his work on the site. The editorials he has submitted have been gratis. As far as the future with MC, like most everything else it will depend upon the results of the sale. Jim Hill is an independent columnist who is working on any number of projects at any one time.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
i honestly don't care ay this point. if disney buys the muppets, then the muppets won't be on sale anymore. i really am getting tired of seeing the muppets being passed along from one company to another. disney by far is the best bet for the muppets. they have the money and the resources to keep the muppets alive, if that's what they plan to do. if the frog goes to the mouse's house, then let it be like that. better disney than no one at all. i think disney is the muppets last hope....

ryan

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
a little retrospective

1984/85: According to Jim Hill's "When You Wish Upon A Frog" articles and a 1989 article about the merger, Eisner informally talked to Henson about a possible merger.

8/28/1989: Well, you know.

12/13/90: Disney, Henson end merger.

2/21/00: EM.TV buys Henson.

3/13/01: EM.TV officially says it 'may' sell Henson.

5/30/01: EM.TV hires Allen & Co. to help explore options.

Oct. '01: EM.TV delays Henson sale deadline to Oct. 2002.

Dec. 01: Eisner tells German magazine "Focus" that the Henson price tag "is not realistic." Not in talks with EM.TV, but said they should give him a call.

May 2002: "Muppet Sale Looms" Sure...

Oct. '02: Saban bids $128 million for JHC.

Early Dec. '02: Henson suitors include Saban, Valentine, Entertainment Rights, Classic Media.

12/19/02: Disney prepares/contemplates $135 million bid for Henson.

12/24/02: EM.TV agrees in principal to sell Valentine a 49.9% stake in Henson.

3/7/03: EM.TV/Valentine deal falls through.

And here we are. A big mess for a company that makes $100-150 million a year. I bet of sale of AOL Time Warner wouldn't take this long.

:attitude: God bless the troops. :concern:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
hey thanks...i needed a good ol' timeline for the world to make sense once again!

Sarah

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
It will make sense if a company strikes a deal with Henson and NOTHING BAD HAPPENS. That'd be a miracle. It's like some dang curse.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Originally posted by BoyRaisin2
It will make sense if a company strikes a deal with Henson and NOTHING BAD HAPPENS. That'd be a miracle. It's like some dang curse.
you mean that can happen:confused:

i didn't think the laws of nature allowed that....

Sarah

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
and the roller coaster goes up again! Mommy i want off a this ride!!!!

it's like Eisner opened up his office door with a big smile on his face to the press saying " i might buy the muppets soon!" then SLAMING his door, going back to his normal work of giving the final word to make some more crummy Disney cartoons about kids, teenage wicthes, talking dogs, super heros, and aliens, all going to school... :rolleyes:

Zack)Rowlf the, can't we just eat our cotton candy and get this all over with now??? Dog.

Tera

Reaction score
As long a Henson isn't an independent company, I think it will have problems, including difficulties putting out the superior products we know they are capable of. But is Disney gets them, at least we may get a few cool theme park rides out of it :smirk:

I just want another (!@#*^$ing MuppetFest! Why do they keep torturing us so?!?