Eisner confirms Disney could buy Henson and Muppets soon

scarecroe

Reaction score
Re: a little retrospective

Originally posted by BoyRaisin2
re: a little retrospective
You're forgetting about the time Jim almost bought Disney.

(that one might come as a surprise to some) :concern:

Muppets1985

Reaction score
God i HOPE Mickey justs buys them like...NOW or maybe this week soon!!:smile: :excited: I'm sooo Happy about this!:wink: I can see it know, Muppet stuff in the Disney Store, in the Parks etc.. Muppet Cereal (like how Mickey, Pooh, Lion king, PIXAR have with Kelloggs) It would be nice to see some NEW Muppet stuff at the D-store later this year!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Originally posted by foofoocakes

Not that I wouldnt buy a ticket to see super scooter naked with a penguin and Pepe. Although we would have to post it at a different websight.:flirt:
First of all, you're also forgeting Luke.

Secondly, I don't think anyone in their right mind would pay money to see me naked.

But, what am I saying? Look what forum I'm in!

*tears off pants*

Whooooooooo!

:wink:

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Phillip Chapman
Just for the record, Jim Hill has never been paid a cent for his work on the site.
Well you got lucky there Phil'ster ..... cos everyone he offered the Disney/Henson articles to before coming to you were being asked for money and a minimum guarantee of so many articles being printed.

If you do intend to unleash him back on the site, i'd just suggest you check his facts, and use some editorial control over things he says (like say Goelz taking 'bungs'). If his stuff is just opinion then he needs to write it like that rather than intertwining old 'stories' around recent facts gleaned from press releases - i just don't like seeing people here being lied to - he is put across as some 'insider' with secret information but both organisations involved dispute that's the case anymore.

MrsKalabash

Reaction score
Re: Re: Guys,

Originally posted by Luke
Warrick, you talk like Disney will buy JHC and sink tons of money into it and everything will be the same and happy. Seriously dude, thats being incredibly optimistic - there's about 2% chance of that actually happening. Depends entirely what Disney want out of this - they could just close all the offices and pretty much incorporate the company into their own, or they could split up different parts of it, even just ditch the JHC people and only bring the Muppets out every now and again (depending on how much they pay - if they don't get em cheap likely they'd have to make em work regularly). The current stance hasn't been working at Henson - i think Disney would be even more hardline than EMTV are right now. The Valentine deal was probably the best one by far - there are far more dangers with Disney than Henson not being owned by an instable company - sooner or later with Disney there's a high chance there wouldn't even be a Jim Henson Company in anything but name.

Seriously, people gotta wake up, it isn't always as straight forward as you might think - especially not when EMTV couldn't find anyone else to buy JHC, there is something about all this that isn't right.
Right-o, Luke. What I'm thinking is that Disney will buy the rights to all the non-Sesame Street Muppets, buy some of the assets, close down the main shops, and keep puppeteers like Eric and Steve on the payroll as a strictly for-hire basis - that is, if Disney decides to produce a video or movie or whatever, those guys would get work. Otherwise, don't call us, we'll call you. :wink:

JamieDenny

Reaction score
M'kay so we're at war. Eisner gets his mitts on the Muppets. I'm now taking bets on the third event:cry:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by ButchCat
Well I'm not happy at all.:mad: :grouchy: :cry: :mad: :mad:
I second that emotion...and all those emoticons.

If it happens I pray to GOD they prove me wrong in my fears for Disney.

Luke

Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Guys,

Originally posted by MrsKalabash
Right-o, Luke. What I'm thinking is that Disney will buy the rights to all the non-Sesame Street Muppets, buy some of the assets, close down the main shops, and keep puppeteers like Eric and Steve on the payroll as a strictly for-hire basis - that is, if Disney decides to produce a video or movie or whatever, those guys would get work. Otherwise, don't call us, we'll call you. :wink:
That is pretty much what i see as the most likely option - i guess Henson hopefully might keep the NY offices as a base but we can probably kiss bye bye to the Chaplin studios as soon as the lease comes up for renewal, and i hope to god that if Disney's efforts at their first big Muppet push doesn't pay off, they won't just close up the lot, and just run the Muppets as a 'brand' incorporated from within the Disney company. I guess we just don't know yet and i think Disney has both it's advantages and disadvantages depending on which way things go, but i can fully understand people being wary right now - a lot of things can and probably will change and it might not always be to Henson's advantage, i can imagine the people there being very cautious about all this.