1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Electric Company DVD's

Discussion in 'Sesame Worlds' started by Ilikemuppets, Jan 30, 2006.

1. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Has anyone seen the The Electric Company On DVD at the Sesame workshop website.
  2. doctort13

doctort13 Member

I have yet to see anything, is it in a banner ad?

Here is a link to Shout Factory, the company that is releasing the DVD.
  3. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

you got the wrong section for this.
  4. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

It's close enough. :rolleyes:
  5. Andy

Andy New Member

My DVDs are on the way from amazon.com. 1 week to go, and I can hardly wait! In the meantime, I've been checking out youtube.com. They have SS and TEC clips to watch!:D
  6. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

I'm checking it now; so many clips...(drools)

:zany:
  7. jeffkjoe

jeffkjoe New Member

I've got mine ordered from Amazon as well - February 7 can't come fast enough...

Has anyone read any advance reviews for this? (Maybe Shout Factory hasn't made this box set availabe for review?)
  8. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

9. Ziffel

Ziffel New Member

I ordered mine also from Amazon, as soon as it was available for pre-order about 7 months ago. Looking real forward to getting these dvds too, although for some reason Amazon sent an email saying the estimated date of delivery is February 21st. Don't know why they estimate 2 weeks after the Feb. 7th release date. Usually, dvds from Amazon reach me about 2-4 days later. But either way, it's less than 3 weeks and that's exciting.
  10. jeffkjoe

jeffkjoe New Member

Do you guys think that Shout Factory would be able to do something similar with SESAME STREET episodes from the early years,

.....or.....

do you think Sony Wonder has those rights (and everything PRESENTLY associated with Sesame Workshop) bottled up?
  11. Andrew T

Andrew T New Member

Shout Factory's product is distributed by Sony, so I've been under the impression that this may fall under the same contract.

Amazon.com is still prompting me with a February 9/10 delivery estimate, but to be honest after waiting 20 years, a few days more or less aren't going to matter.

I'm certainly looking forward to this!
  12. Convincing John

Convincing John Well-Known Member

Electric Company on DVD...YES!!!

I pre-ordered mine, too! Great stuff!

I hope they have two of my favorite EC clips on the disc. The first is one with Rita Moreno as the director, Bill Cosby (as a Musketeer) and Morgan Freeman as a cue card guy. The card has the word "all" in big letters on it. Bill is supposed to say "All for one and one for all."

For you fans of TEC out there, you know the drill. No matter what, the actor or actress messes up, never saying the lines right, and Rita gets madder and madder.

Well, they do take after take, and Bill struts out from behind the scenery and just does this great ad-lib stuff. One time Bill stops to pull up one of his boots. Another time, his sword gets stuck in his belt. And of course, he messes up the line. He does a really cheesy action pose and shouts things like "All at the beginning and all at the end!" and "All for YOU and....NOTHING for YOURSELF!"

The funniest thing about this clip though, is Morgan Freeman. He's just supposed to hold the card, but he can't stop laughing! At one point, Morgan just lets the card drop and tries to hide his laughter!

My second favorite Electric Comany clip features Judy Graubart (known to fans as Jennifer of the Jungle). Only in this skit (done pretty much ad-lib) she's doing a cooking segment that the Swedish Chef would be proud of. It's called "Here's Cooking at You" and to educate the kiddies on the double "l" sound in words, (like "spill") she makes..."Grilled dill pickles with chilled vanilla filling." Yes, you read that right. In order to get the filling in the pickles, a hole needs to be drilled in them. So, she uses a drill press. Yep. An actual, working, shop class quality drill press to drill the holes in the pickles. I'm not kidding!

Ah, the Electric Company...great memories...and soon they'll be on DVD! :D

Convincing John
  13. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

14. Andrew T

Andrew T New Member

The Best of The Electric Company was released yesterday. My copy arrived today, and I'm quite pleased!

All of this material is fresh and new to me. So far I've only watched episodes 1 and 79B, but I'm happy to say that I like it already! The Electric Company is a very entertaining show, implementing many of the characteristics I had liked about other CTW shows such as Square One and of course Sesame Street back in the day.

I find it interesting how heavily the first-season set is styled after the show logo. I'm also impressed by the quality of the visual effects, which must have been quite advanced for the technology of the early '70s.

I'm pleased to see that the episodes are as far as I can tell absolutely uncut, with elements such as on-screen episode numbers, "Next time" spiels, and backers' credits present and accounted for. I literally jumped out of my chair when I saw the PBS ident appear at the end! Even I would have never anticipated that making the cut.

The packaging is great, too. I dug out my old webcam to snap a couple pictures:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/andrewt3660/tv/electriccompany-a.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/v621/andrewt3660/tv/electriccompany-b.jpg
  15. BillKal

BillKal New Member

This is a great set! Can't believe all the great sketches are in here....and I've read on TVSHOWSONDVD.COM that there may be more on the way.

Hopefully they can fit in the "L-Y" song, "Sock Hop" song, the Six Dollar and 38 Man sketch with Steve Awesome, as well as more semi regular characters like "Pedro's Plants -- Pedro and his plant Maurice", some more "Blue Beetle", Dr. Doolats, Jennifer of the Jungle singing about "Bananas", the song "Hot Shot", as well as other stuff.
  16. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I have read that Road Runner and Wile E. Coyotie appeared in a few segments on this show. Are any of these segments included on the DVD set?
  17. BillKal

BillKal New Member

Yes, there are a few Road Runner Segments on the DVD set.
  18. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

My niece is just about the right age for TEC. Unfortunately she has waaaayyyy too many DVDs as it is.):rolleyes: So (laugh if you want) but I'm thinking of getting them for myself! (Hey...a little nostalgia won't kill me!:) )
  19. Taco Monster

Taco Monster Member

I don't think you have to worry about people on this board laughing at you for wanting to relive your childhood. :)
  20. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

Thanks Taco Monster :)