1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Electric Company DVD's

Discussion in 'Sesame Worlds' started by Ilikemuppets, Jan 30, 2006.

1. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

I bought The Best Of The Electric Company on Saturday. I started watching it tonight & it looks great so far!!!:) Wow...I can't believe how young Morgan Freeman,Bill Cosby & Rita Moreno looked on there!
    2 things occured to me (1 several months ago & 1 a couple of days ago)
    1)Fargo North,Decoder is a play on words of "Fargo, NorthDakota" (this hit me several months ago)
    2)Short Circus is a play on words from "Short Circuit" (which really does fit in with the show since it's "The Electric Company")
    To quote Easy Reader: "Heavy,Heavy,Heavy!!!":cool:
  2. vitagel

vitagel New Member

hello

nice deal!
  3. Katzi428

You know...my older brother laughed at me for buying it (typical of him:rolleyes: ) I decided to give the DVD to my 6 year old niece as a kindergarten graduation present in June. So guess what I found out from my older brother (my niece's father.)? She loves it!:D
  4. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

It's nice you did that but why give it to her instead of odering one for her? Unless you're going to get another 1 for yourself.
  5. jrod

jrod New Member

Which episode contains the skit where Rita Moreno is directing and bill cosby says some thing "all for nothing.. and nothing for myself!"
  6. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

That's so true, and yet so off beat at the same time. Makes you think.
  7. BillKal

BillKal New Member

The episode that contains this sketch is going to be featured in the next collection of Electric Company episodes. It is on Episode 73 broadcasted 2/2/72
  8. BillKal

BillKal New Member

Anyone else notice shaking of the film on the last episode featured on Disc #2 of "The Best of The Electric Company - Volume 1"?

Anyways, I am still really enjoying this DVD set. Can't wait until November 14 when the 2nd Volume Comes out!!!

Favorite Episode anyone??

Or how about favorite Season?
  9. BillKal

BillKal New Member

What I love about this show is the fact that it has those sketches that are so exagerated (check out the set BTW -- with the cardboard in the background shaped like the famous cloud). It's so funny, no matter what the scene, you see a variation on the famous cloud.

You can tell the actor's have a good time doing these sketches. And of course, I love the cartoons/word interludes. The music is awesome as well!
  10. jacobsnchz

jacobsnchz Active Member

What is the "Electric Company"?
  11. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

The Electric Company is a 30 minute "Laugh-In" for kids, it began in 1971, made by CTW. Bill Cosby, Morgan Freeman & Rita Moreno were some of the stars on the show. There were no puppets, just live action and cartoon segments, but Grover,Big Bird, & Oscar all appeared on the show. You can see there appearances on the Electric Company Vol. 1 DVD. The ciriculum (sp?) of the show was to teach reading. Also, they had skits with Spiderman & Road Runner and Coyote.

Hope it helps!
  12. jacobsnchz

jacobsnchz Active Member

what is the ELECTRIC COMPANY?
  13. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Look at Barry Lee's posts above.
  14. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

I JUST EXPLAINED IT TO YOU ABOVE MAN... :zany:
  15. jacobsnchz

jacobsnchz Active Member

Oh, sorry! That did help! Thanks, Barry. :)
  16. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

You're Welcome Jacob! Anytime! :p
  17. jacobsnchz

jacobsnchz Active Member

18. Katzi428

I ordered "TEC Volume 2" a couple of weeks ago & it came yesterday.It's great! :excited: I enjoy a lot of the old skits on there. Boy...do they bring back memories!:D
  19. bunsenhoneydew

bunsenhoneydew New Member

A little known fact..ie, I haven't told anyone.....my mother always told me I couldn't watch the Electric Company because it made me too hyper. HMPH! The really story is that what ever random aunt or uncle bought my sister and I walkie talkies should be given a serious sitdown chat. All we did was run around the house shrieking 'Hey you guuuuyyysss!' into them at each other from various parts of our apartment. So reeealllly, the Electric Company made me AND MY SISTER too hyper. Gee I'm glad I finally got that sorted out. What a weight.......which unfortunately means I have never really seen said show........AND YOU'RE ALL HAVING SO MUCH FUN TOO......sniff,....wipes a tear...
  20. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I can't wait for the new Electric Company to come out!:)