Electric Company special on PBS

sesameguy

Reaction score
Hi all - I know many of us here are also Electric Company fans, so I wanted to let you know about an Electric Company special airing soon on PBS! It's called "The Electric Company's greatest hits and bits." It's airing in my area on Sunday the 26th. Just as a warning, it looks like it will be on during "pledge time" with a few pledge breaks during the show. Below is a description of the show from a web page:

The Electric Company, a mainstay of children's television during its six-year run from 1971-1977, helped a generation of America's children learn that education could be fun. The Electric Company's Greatest Hits and Bits is a clip-filled celebration featuring the series' most popular segments, such as "The Adventures of Letterman," "Count Dracula," "The Director," "J Arthur Crank" and "Fargo North, Decoder. " The special will also feature interviews with some of the series stars such as Rita Moreno, Bill Cosby, Irene Cara, Morgan Freeman and voice-over participants such as Mel Brooks, Joan Rivers, Gene Wilder, along with show creator Joan Ganz Cooney. This retrospective is a fond look back at a series that was both fun and educational for the Gen-Xers who loved it as children.

You'll need to check your local listings to see when (and if) it is airing in your area. It sounds like fun & I look forward to seeing it!

BillKal

Reaction score
I'm assuming it's November 26th that it will be on (at least in your area).

I'll have to look for it. It sounds interesting.

BTW, just received my copy of TBOTEC Volume 2 today. The packaging is not as fancy as the last set. It's like a box with the plastic covers that come out --- sorry I don't know what the terminology is in the DVD world -- plastic cases - 4 of them. You open that and the DVD is stored in there.

Nice look though.

Thanks again for the heads up SesameGuy!

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
I've definately gotta check this out! My mom has plenty of fond memories of this show!
Maybe this should be moved to the TV section?

BillKal

Reaction score
Yeah...Doesn't look like it's going to be on in my area anytime soon (unless it already had been on).
I'm in the Connecticut area (CPTV and WNET13).