1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Electric Mayhem Bus Sadly For Sale

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell and Trade' started by gipsey muppet, Dec 3, 2008.

1. gipsey muppet

gipsey muppet New Member

yes boyz n girlz nows your chance to own the electric mayhem bus:D. sadly we have lost our indoor storage and are starting to look for a new owner to love the bus. I'm not sure about the boards policy on posting prices so i'll update as i learn the rules.
    roger

2. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

HUBBA HUBBA WHA! ! ! !

*drools* *could NEVER have enough money for that* *DROOLS*

Could you post some pictures?

3. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

If you're selling the bus on e-bay, you can let me know the link to post it for you. If you have a set price, you can list the price here. Be sure to list the things that make it run properly and if any work needs to be done to it, too.

4. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

Maybe disney might be interested in it to display in one of their theme parks.

5. gipsey muppet

gipsey muppet New Member

Thanks Fozzie Bear for the information about pricing. Heres what i know. The asking price $12,000. Thats what we have in it with the original price , shipping, and repairs. The condition , running and driving, just barley. it starts good but has an ominous knock in the engine, remember when it pulled into the western town in the original Muppet movie, listen to the sound, thats real! We do drive it , it's in a wedding Saturday the 13 of December, about a 35 mile round trip, with no heat. The brakes grab and the alignment lets it dog track down the road.The electrical system is scary
    It has been to the Prom, Halloween parades , Parades the Red Hat ladies have ridden in it and friends new and old have ridden around in it. i hope to post pictures on a site that can be linked to this post but this is a busy season and I'm internet challenged. We have not advertized it anywhere else, we wanted to offer it to a real muppet fan before anyone else. Disney did express intrest in it during the filming of Muppet wizard Oz but we were not ready to sell, wish i could have leased it to them for filming.
    mo later Roger the Gipsey Muppet

6. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

With the on-coming movies and more specials, etc., maybe send a notice to Disney again about it being available for sale.

7. rtgentry

rtgentry Member

Hey Gip, any pics yet

8. gipsey muppet

gipsey muppet New Member

the Bus is leaving for a wedding in about an hour . We hope to have new and interesting photos posted tomorrow.
    Anyone know what Major change was made on the interior of the bus to update it from the Muppet Movie to Muppets from Space ?
    roger

9. rtgentry

rtgentry Member

cool cant wait to see the pics
    :cool::halo::flirt

10. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

Although it would be great for another true Muppet fan to own the bus, I think it would be best with Disney if they could revamp it (yet keeping it's classic look and could be used in future Muppet productions, parades, and displays. Who knows?

Just wondering about how the bus might have been used in MWWOZ, maybe Disney wanted the Electric Mayhem to pull up in the bus in the extended scene on the DVD during the song number of "The Witch is in the House" with Floyd making that comment of driving the same bus since 1979 when they arrive late.:sing::)

11. matleo

matleo Active Member

they also could have used as the bus that Kermit and the gang are in at the beginning of the movie, instead of the larger tour bus.

--Matt :D

12. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

Ah yes that too! I would have liked to see more Muppet's in that scene and i wished Rizzo would accidentally dropped the luggage on Bean Bunny. I thought that was going to happen.:shifty:

But wherever the EM bus ends up i hope it gets another good home!

13. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Well-Known Member

Quite honestly, I would contact someone at Disney and see if they would be interested in getting the bus back since they now own the muppets. I can see them using the bus again for different specials and the upcoming movie. That would be the best bet that you could do.

14. gipsey muppet

gipsey muppet New Member

Photo update, sorry gang but no photos were taken by us at the wedding:mad:. I hope to remedy that this week, but it's a busy week. Now before you break out the tar and feathers let me offer up an explanation. I mentioned that the bus had no heat ? Well i temporarily remedied that with two propane heaters. Unfortunately propane heat and very full facial hair, 12" whiskers, don't mix well. Yes I managed to set my face on fire. No serious injury but my game was off for the rest of the day.
    The wedding was beautifully, I however smelled like burnt hair. We left from the church for the 45 minute drive to the reception just at dark. The interior lights were on, the pepper lights were flashing and the flamingo, fish and spaceship lights added a warm glow. Muppet music backed up the sound of the drive line as we cruised down historic Route 66 at a blazing 30 mph. After a couple of planned stops we arrived safe and sound at the reception hall:). My very upset wife , Cindy, forgot our camera.
    The immediate future calls for pictures and whiskers. Yes i would love to see Disney display the Bus, maybe at the Muppet theater in Florida. I would really like to sell my 1938 international woody station wagon and keep the Bus:D, were looking into doing that. roger

15. StreetScenes

StreetScenes Member

oh my goodness--i'm glad you're ok!

:confused: "thank you beekie, now we know that is definitely too much propane"
    :cool: (misses the whole incident, looks up after sax solo and stares with blank look of profound awe)
    :concern: "cool! let's do it again!"

16. gipsey muppet

gipsey muppet New Member

Hello all, let's see if this works. My granddaughter :flirt:China told me about photobucket. I registered and hope that I can add a link to the most current photos of The Electric Mayhem Bus.
    http://s491.photobucket.com/albums/rr275/7gipsey/
    perhaps if it doesn't work a senior member like Fozzie Bear can link it for all of us to view. roger

17. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

It works.Great to see you have kept it in it's original condition.

18. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I'm guessing you won't accept an exchange of a couple of children as slaves for the EM bus? I'm sure I could pack of a few of my brothers and sisters in a heartbeat. Just imagine the Muppet replicas posed within the EM bus...What a vision!

You've kept it in great authentic quality! Love it.

Beau

19. gipsey muppet

gipsey muppet New Member

Hope everyone enjoys the photos, Yes indeed , original condition. when we purchased it we wanted to do some upgrades, aluminum wheels, correct parking lights headlight ring you know small stuff:o. The problem with that is it takes away from the originality of the bus. We did change seats, these are people friendly, till the band gets the bus back. and we put down tile squares on the floor to keep the prom dresses clean.I hope to take some night time shots to show off the lights,;) thats when the bus shines. roger

20. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

well IF your asking price is $12,000 then i am expressing my intrest!