Electronics Boutique Reliability

radionate

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a question. Has anyone dealt with ordering from Electronics Boutique in the past? (I'm not talking about orders you've placed for the upcoming Muppets line of figures) I'm very leery about ordering stuff online, but I'm in a dilema.

Playmates is making a Radio Station Playset for the Simpsons line, and while I made a choice not to collect the figures (they came out to fast and were to hard to find at first), I GOTTA HAVE THIS (for obvious reasons).

So here are my real questions. How likely am I to get this if I order it online? How likely would I be to find one at the one Electronics Boutique store in a two state radius? If I miss one, is there anyone out there willing to get one for me (I'd obviously pay you back, and try and return the favor, but its hard when you live in Mississippi)? How many of these things are they even making?

I try and collect all fun things that involve radio, and there isn't a whole lot out there. I GOTTA HAVE THIS!

So, I'd appreciate any input anyone might have.

Michael Crawford

Reaction score
Answers

Ebgames.com is extremely reliable. I've ordered from them many times, and never had any sort of problems.

The numbers on the KBBL radio station are probably around 20-25,000 units. It's not a set that's going to fly off the shelves, but should sell fairly well.

If you have a local EB store, they'll pre-order it for you there. They'll call you when the shipment comes in, also insuring that you get one. If you're worried about buying on-line, or just don't want to pay for shipping, that's the way to go.

Michael
MWC

radionate

Reaction score
Thanks Michael for taking time out of haunting the opera to answer my question!

(And who says only Fozzie can make bad jokes?)

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
I've never ordered from them before-- but my husband is a regular costumer and he prefers them to other on-line retailers. He always gets his stuff-- he frequently pre-orders and they have always shipped pre-orders as soon as the stuff is available-- and they are easy to deal with (easy to cancel pre-orders and so forth).

I don't think you have to worry.

Jara19

Reaction score
Ive ordered many things from them in the past and never have had a problem.

SteveJ

Reaction score
I've ordered from them before, and they aren't bad, but they aren't great either. Average at best. My suggestion would be to order this set from anewforcecomics.com . They don't have it up for preorder yet, but it'll probably be cheaper($23.99) as apposed to Ebgames' $29.99. And they have the best customer service I've ever seen. That's just my 2 cents though.