Elephant Counting to 20

ssetta

Reaction score
I believe it was DrTooth who posted about this sketch with the elephant counting to 20. I know that exact skit. I remember he counted twice, slowly. And as he said each number, it appeared on the screen. And I do remember the "14" part. And I also remember that when I saw it (season 28), it was actually Maria's voice, and it had background music (which might have been added in later). But now that I think of it, I don't remember it being an elephant. It might have been a fat pig, or just a man. I actually called Sesame Workshop and asked about this segment. They looked up all the segments that had to do with elephants and counting, and none of them seemed to be this one. So, if anyone remembers this, are you sure it was an elephant?

MIKEB97

Reaction score
Hi sseta,

Yes it was an elephant counting to 20. As far as I can remember, this cartoon was from the 70's and the elephant was wearing a top hat. The "14" part really creaked me up.

Jackie

Reaction score
I like the Elephant Elevator Operator! WHo was the elephant? Anyone know?

Jackie

Reaction score
Originally posted by MIKEB97
I think Dave Goelz was the elephant.
That's who I thought! LOL!! I go 4321, i go 1234, then I push this little button and I open the door.

ssetta

Reaction score
I wonder why they never found it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It looked barely like an elephant... that's why.

It was more like a big pink blob with a trunk...

camillachick

Reaction score
ssetta-
You called sesame workshop? I need to get in touch with them, how did you do it? Can you give me their number? Is there anything I should say so they'll give me the information I want? This would really help me answer the question I posted in the "wanted" forum.

ssetta

Reaction score
Their number is (212) 595-3456.

muppetphile

Reaction score
camillachick said:
ssetta-
You called sesame workshop? I need to get in touch with them, how did you do it? Can you give me their number? Is there anything I should say so they'll give me the information I want? This would really help me answer the question I posted in the "wanted" forum.

It doesn't sound like they were tremendously helpful regarding this skit, though...

Maybe it's a lack of time or of knowledge of older skits...