Elmo annoying!? Not compared to THIS guy!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Convincing John said:
Yes, it's a great puppet, and the "Elephant Elevator Operator" song wasn't bad, but that was because that was Dave performing (or at least it sounded Beauregard-ish).
Yeah, it was Dave then.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
How played the british elephant a few years ago? Was it Marty? It was when the monsters liked being chased by elephants beacue it was part of monster tridition, just like the wubba wubba up and down song.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets said:
I'm sorry but I love the elephant.
Don't worry we're all entitled to how we feel about a muppet character.

But I do agree with Vic. Hate that elephant!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I'm not woried, but thank you for your consern, though.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
And the episode when the elephant "came all the way from Staten Island" was the one I decided to watch when I got back into watching it again. x_x Good lord....please....I was wishing someone would tranqulize the elephant. It was so horrible!!!

BEAR

Reaction score
Convincing John said:
Yes, it's a great puppet, and the "Elephant Elevator Operator" song wasn't bad, but that was because that was Dave performing (or at least it sounded Beauregard-ish).

The voice adds a lot to the character, and to me, Joey Mazzarino overuses that same whiny, grating voice over and over again that sounds exactly the same with characters that immediately become annoying from the first syllable. Joey the Armadillo, Stinky the Stinkplant, Goggles, Bug from Elmo in Grouchland, Joey Monkey...it's all the same voice. I'm sure the elephant is no exception.

David Rudman also gets annoying, and especially when paired with Mazzarino. (Joey and Davey Monkey, anyone?) But Baby Bear, or as he says, Baby Beawh is annoying enough on his own.

Voices really help to define a character. All you need to do is listen to any of Jerry Nelson's characters. Even similar voiced ones like Gobo and Robin are pitched differently. These and other wonderful characters have voices that are not only pleasant to listen to, but they are totally believable. You truly believe in them. Jerry's just one example. (I was watching Fraggle Rock this morning).:smirk:

But Mazzarino? Man...two grating words from the self-pitying, whiny stinkplant and I change the channel. Change the channel back after a while, and that same voice is back, this time on the elephant, a monster or any other character Joey performs. Learn a new voice, man.

Had to be said.

Convincing John

I actually really like a lot of Joey's characters including Stinky the Plant. I also really liked Joey and Davy Monkey a lot! They were fun characters. The Elephant just annoys me. I think he is meant to annoy though (a la Bean Bunny but not as cute)

Convincing John

Reaction score
(shrugs) To each his own, I guess. I still prefer Dave's voice for the Elephant, though.

Convincing John

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
eh, he was cute at first- in the right seens, kinda really funny- but sometimes OVER KILL