Elmo Gets His Nose, and Matt Gets the Girl!

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Being the overly fanatic hardcore all-or-nothing Muppet devotee that I am, I would never have thought that anything Muppet-related would have been a means of meeting a girl, let alone one that I am crazy about. But, I submit for you all, the tale of how Elmo got his nose, and how Matt got the girl of his dreams.

Tuesdays and Thursdays of the week are days that my sister takes a few after-school classes. Being she is a still a young lass of only 11 years, she can't get to the lessons and back without my mother, and in turn, without me, being we drop her off right after our schools end (or schools are conjoined, so the high school and middle school end simultaneously). This leaves my mother and I an hour in which we have nothing to do, so we go to the Pembroke Lakes mall (which is like 2 minutes away from my sisters tutoring), eat, and walk around a bit. Well, about 2 weeks ago we were meandering through the mall, and I saw the Mrs. Fields' cardboard standup Cookie Monster and Elmo advertisement, stating that Mrs. Fields' is currently carrying cookies to those characters' likeness'. So naturally, I went to the display window to look at the cookies. Cookie Monster was fine, but Elmo was lacking his orange nose! This flustered me, so I stood around and waited for one of the workers to come over so I could tell them of the wrongful lack of nose Elmo was under. After 3 minutes of standing there without service, my Mom went to look at belts. I remained though, as I was GOING to have this wrongdoing recognized. Finally, someone came over to help me. It happened to be the cutest Mrs. Fields' worker I had ever seen.

She flashed this great smile, and asked me if I wanted anything, which was a good thing, as I think I was starting to stare at her. I explained my distraught feelings on Elmo's nose lackage, which brought a bigger smile to her face, and in turn brought one to mine. We kind of lingered there for a bit, until I finally asked if she could fashion a nose for him, as I was curious about its taste. She laughed and got the orange frosting out, and put a nose on Elmo. I bought it, and left, unable to muster the courage to ask for her number and screenname.

My mother and I roamed the mall a little longer, but I couldn't get the Mrs. Fields' girl out of my head. I finally found the guts to go back and at least ask for her information, knowing full well that a good looking girl like her was bound to reject me. Well, as luck would have it, she did in fact give me her number and screenname, and I was happy. I IMed her that night (I know, I probably should have called, but what can I say...I'm a digital child, and I was very nervous. :smile: ). I found out that her name was Cerissa, and that from the very basic start, we seemed compatible. I of course was not at all betting on anything, as the case has always been: Good looking girl = no way in heck for yours truly.

But, we talked more and more, and slowly we found out bits about each other, and I came to find that this girl seemed literally perfect for me. What's more, she had the ability to listen to me speak, which is a talent that no one but my mother possesses (which is obvious, as your probably only reading this part because you scrolled through the top..lol! :big_grin: ). I saw her for the next 2 weeks every Tuesday and Thursday at Mrs. Fields' and I really found a deep feeling for her. So, I asked her to go out with me, and got a definite yes. Again, happiness enters the life of Matt.

Our date was this evening, and I must say, it was the best date I have ever been on. We saw "Chicago" (which was pretty good), after which I braved it out in a coffee house (I HATE coffee, btw) so we could talk. As premature as it may be, I feel like I have a good chance with this one. A million times better chance than any that have preceded her. She is so great, and I'm so happy that I now have her in my life. And, as Walt's empire was started by a mouse, Matt and Cerissa was all started by a cookie; a noseless Elmo cookie.

So, if you just scrolled down so you didn't have to read my ultimo storytelling skills, here it is in brief:

Matt meets extremely cute, smart, and all around great girl while complaining about the Mrs. Fields' Elmo cookie lacking a nose. Matt and the Mrs. Fields' girl (Cerissa) hit it off, get to know each other, and click like magic. In the end, Elmo got his nose, and Matt got an amazing girlfriend. :excited: :big_grin: :excited:

Thank you for reading. Chapter 2 starts tomorrow!

-Matt

radionate

Reaction score
Woo Hoo Matt! :zany:

L'amore is in ze air. :flirt:

Spring has started to spung, and I'm sure all the single folks around here are going to start the Titterpated process.

I know I'm on the prowl! :halo: LOL!

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
oh no everyone stay away from nate!!! AHHHHH

i'm still concentrating on andrew myself! and i haven't injured him since the 'snowball incident'

Sarah

great job matt! is she a muppet fan?

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Originally posted by sarah_yzma
oh no everyone stay away from nate!!! AHHHHH

great job matt! is she a muppet fan?
LoL, thanks Nate! Be careful about that prowling thing, your already scaring people...:big_grin:

Thanks Sarah! And as for her being a Muppet fan, she isn't a fanatic like myself. She's one of the more typical Muppet fans out there (aka saw the shows while they were young, lost interest, but still has a liking for the characters and such). I try not to talk about things I'm a fanatic towards (ie. Muppets, Mystery Science Theater, The WHO, etc.) with people I like (esp. girlfriends), because I am really touchy when people say stuff like "I LOVE the Muppets! What was the blue guy's name again?". Thankfully, she does not do that. :smile:

-Matt

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Originally posted by Cantus Rock
Thankfully, she does not do that. :smile:

-Matt
i could never handle it!

Sarah

luckily andrew is more than a casual fan...not by much, though...he did know that steve whitmire does kermit

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Way to go, Matt! :excited: That means there's hope for the rest of us. :wink: :big_grin:

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Oooo!!:big_grin: :sing: Matt and Cerissa sittin' in a tree....:big_grin: heehee! Congratulations Matt! That's a cute story! (btw, I DID read all of it!) Anyway, way to go!

ps. Cerissa is a cool name...I've never heard it before...well...read it...you know what I mean.

pps. Who is Andrew Sarah? :wink:

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Hey, we never got a Chapter 2!!! :eek: Oh, well.
Anyhoo, congrats, Matt! Sounds like YOU'VE had better luck finding girls than I have guys! :frown: They all say they "like to talk to me", b/c I'm just as passionate a/b the same things as THEY are, yet never ask me out! Apparently, I'm too weird! :big_grin: ...Oh, well! My dream guy is gonna have to find ME from now on, b/c I've given up looking for now! I'm just as happy as I am, anyway!
Still, I'm happy you're happy, Matt!

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Manda - LoL! Well chapter 2 is still being written, and I must say, its coming along swimmingly :big_grin:.

I know how you feel about your luck with guys. That's how it was for me for the longest time; a lot of nice friends, but noone who I could end up going out with. (I know it sounds stupid, but) I guess I'm kinda proof that you'll eventually find the right one, and then, it'll be good. Really good. :big_grin:

-Matt

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Originally posted by Manda:-D
Sounds like YOU'VE had better luck finding girls than I have guys! :frown:
Ha! You can say that again!:stick_out_tongue: I know what you mean!