ELMO home made puppet

pashmonster

Reaction score
http://www.flickr.com/photos/53875519@N02/5110745594/

Here is a pic of the Elmo puppet i have made for my son 3rd birthday, also in one of the pics is a baby bird puppet.

Currently doesnt have any legs but they will be made this week but ran out of red cotton so decided to put the pics up before the legs were on.

More pics are online to take a look at if you like.

TSSD

Reaction score
That looks amazing! Are you sure thats not the real puppet?

pashmonster

Reaction score
Sure wish i could have got a real one there would be less red fur all around my house. I would get less hassel from the other half.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Dude, you rock! I've been wanting to make my Son an Elmo puppet forever, but I can't ever find the right material! Mind if I ask you where you found yours? As well as your Kermit fleece, I really need to update my frog that I made back in high school, lol.

Also, what did you use for their eyes? That's always stumped me as well, the ping-pong balls I find always seem too small, or they're filled with holes. :stick_out_tongue:

These guys look great man! Good work.
:smile:
Anthony

Animal31

Reaction score
Another excellent job! And I love the fact he does the thinking face too!

pashmonster

Reaction score
The eyes are 2 part 50mm xmas baubles that have been glued together filled and painted, this is a good time of year to stock up on them, i bought them off ebay here in the uk.
I cut the bottom off and glued in the stalk from those half dome eyes that are everywhere and used this to attach to the fur and foam, this then allows me to pull down on the stalk to make elmo's eyes move or make him look squashed