Elmo in Grouchland Movie

dkmontgomery

Reaction score
:cry: We bought the movie Elmo in Grouchland in the cheap video section at Wal-Mart some time ago. Our 5 year old really likes the movie. I particularlly get a kick out of the little bug characters and the evil huxly guy. I would like to hear some other opinions on this movie from others who have seen it. What do you think about Elmo in Grouchland? :rolleyes:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
At least it was a Sesame Street movie. I personally liked it myself, I thought it had some fun songs in it.

froggiegirl18

Reaction score
I enjoy watching it as well. I love the song "Take the first step". Just so inspirational. It gives me encouragement to keep pressing forward and not be afraid to try. From a musical standpoint all the pieces are well done. The harmonies are just fantastic in the opening song when Elmo arrives at Grouchland. The puppeteers also did a wonderful job. Unfortunately Elmo's world drives me crazy, but I really enjoyed Elmo in this movie. Wow I did not know though that it was five dollars at wal-mart..ooo all I have is the vhs copy..hmm I might need to take a trip to wal-mart. :smile:

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Really have to see it some time... I'm glad so many people here like it!

dkmontgomery

Reaction score
froggiegirl18 said:
I enjoy watching it as well. I love the song "Take the first step". Just so inspirational. It gives me encouragement to keep pressing forward and not be afraid to try. From a musical standpoint all the pieces are well done. The harmonies are just fantastic in the opening song when Elmo arrives at Grouchland. The puppeteers also did a wonderful job. Unfortunately Elmo's world drives me crazy, but I really enjoyed Elmo in this movie. Wow I did not know though that it was five dollars at wal-mart..ooo all I have is the vhs copy..hmm I might need to take a trip to wal-mart. :smile:
Actually, I think we got the DVD in the $5.50 recepticle that sets in the middle of the aisle. The DVD is nice!:sing:

exelis

Reaction score
Yeah, it's hit or miss, but we often see it in the $5.50 bargain bin.

It's a cute movie. As said above, it's a Sesame Street movie, and involves many characters. Elmo, of course, is the protagonist, but it involves most of the friends from the street, plus a whole host of grouches. It's not all cutesy and happy at all times, either, which is actually a good thing.

Bert and Ernie host it and explain some of the "scarier" parts for your preschooler.