Elmo in Grouchland

Rowbes

Reaction score
Am I the only one who actually liked this movie? I mean, for a Sesame Street production it was pretty good. Certainly refreshing after that dreadful Big Bird movie. Mandy Patinkin really seemed to get into the role, even though it was basically a live-action version of Dick Dastardly. The songs were not what one would expect, and I liked that. And there was actually some amusing dialouge. Please back me up someone!

(listening to the crickets)
(awaiting the sting of flying tomatoes)

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
that dreadful Big Bird movie
I certainly hope you're not referring to "Follow That Bird"!!! :mad: :grouchy: :boo:

Because that is an awesome movie and I think most fans would agree that it's way better than Elmo in Grouchland.

But everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

(And don't get too upset about the smilies. I'm okay. I just like using the smilies I don't always get a chance to use.)

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I had fun with the film. It was a good kids' film. I liked it for that purpose, but it certainly wasn't as good as FTB.

I'm still waiting on the Ernie and Bert movie, and the Super Grover Movie (I WISH!)

Pumpkinhead

Reaction score
I agree with the two who replied. "Follow That Bird" is a worthy muppet film and it's a great film for the entire family. I feel "Elmo in Grouchland" was actually a well made film, but I didn't think it was nearly as great as FTB. FTB was made more like The Muppet Movie. I think it had a lot more humor and wit. It was also sad at times.

EIG did have it's share of really funny moments, so I don't diss it really. But the cutesy wootsey stuff seemed overdone. I did have a few problems with it.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Welcome to the boards, Pumpkinhead! So, are you named after Jack from Oz, or the big monster thing in that movie several years ago?

I agree: FTB is a great film, and EIG is good but second rate in comparison to FTB.

I'm still waiting for The Super Grover Movie to be made, or Ernie and Bert's Adventures films...I wish I could get hired to write those!

Pumpkinhead

Reaction score
Hi! Thanks for the warm welcome.

I'm a huge Return to OZ fan... Jack Pumpkinhead is my favorite character out of the movie and the L Frank Baum books. I also like the 80's horror film starring Lance Henrickson... and I love pumpkins in general. I would say the name is derived mainly from OZ though.

After I saw your comment about Super Grover. My imagination kind of went wild. I think that would make a terrific Sesame Street movie. I mean, with all the super hero movies out now, what better than our beloved Grover take a shot at his own feature film?