1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Elmo Muppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by brkndwnbus, Nov 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

Absolutely. My friend at work is a perfect example. He's the sweetest happiest guy I know and he does acting on the side in local plays, etc. and he has played some dark sinister characters, from mad men, etc.
    heralde likes this.
  2. MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

Agree with the president and Chris Brown statements. See ,does Brown need to be forgiven? I don't understand what Rhianna's thinking. She's way too beautiful and talented to deal with that nonsense.

I have to disagree with the dog/Vick thing though. Vick again was not only knowingly training dogs to fight, pumping them with god knows what kind of drugs, etc. he was going against NFL violations by gambling, etc. so he was wrong on so many levels, yet the NFL hired him back. I'm sorry he should have received the same treatment as the dogs he hurt innocently.
  3. MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

Thank you, Hubert!
  4. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

She USED to be... now, she's just plain trash. And she keeps getting trashier and trashier with each new song, video, album, etc she puts out.
  5. inturnaround Member

Regardless of how she feels about Chris Brown or how you feel about her music and manner of dress (all red herrings here, cue Lew Zealand), she's his victim. There's powerful psychological things at play here and no one deserves abuse.
  6. FellowWLover Member

Ok, yes, thanks. It's just... I mean Michael Vick or Sandusky... what they did doesn't even seem in the same camp as this case.
  7. inturnaround Member

Just because it doesn't rise to the level of other high-profile scandals (it wasn't violent, it wasn't dog murder) doesn't mean that what is being accused here isn't serious. It's a false comparison.
    MelissaY1 likes this.
  8. beaker Well-Known Member

I can bring up Michael Jackson, Abraham Lincoln, Thomas Jefferson, Obama, Michael Vick, R Kelly, Mel Gibson or any other American celebrity who has done wrong or been alleged to have done wrong whom the public came to forgive.

And yes, as much as I like a lot of things about President Obama he does/has/continues to do exactly what I said:
    http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/...vilian-in-drone-wars?chromedomain=usnews&lite
    http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politics/abdulrahman-al-awlaki-death-10470891
    MelissaY1 likes this.
  9. beaker Well-Known Member

Re: Sandusky. Again this is a guy who appears to have set up aspects of his charity in order to create a large database of potential victims. He kept databases on young pre teen boys and put checks and stars next to victims he was interested in or had his way with. He exhaustively spent a lot of money and time grooming them and then would brutally sexually assault them. He used his power and connections to keep everything hush hush. Just like countless Catholic priests were alleged to have.

Today one of Clash's lovers came out defending Clash, laying to bear the fact Clash always acted gentlemenly. And even as a diehard LGBTQ supporters, I wince at both straight and gay people engaging in dangerous casual behavior, if both parties are seeking eachother out and consentual I see nothing wrong.

My only issue is yes, I do feel it's a little...off... to meet underage people and talk of holding off sex til the person is of age especially given an age difference. "Elmo loves you...but not in that way til you're 18". These "kids" tho, were older teens who appeared to lie about their age, and even by their own admission were treated kindly by Mr Clash and actual sex was waited on. It pains me to live in a reality where this situation has to be known or discussed, I guess ignorance is bliss. I don't want to see discussions of a very personal and embarrassing topic regarding one of our heroes but I think it's important in that he hopefully weathers the storm and can come back to his passion of performing in some form.
  10. heralde Well-Known Member

Yes, because he's the one who is truly in need of it. A nice boyfriend wouldn't need to be forgiven, heh.

Now should he be around women again? Heck no, lol.
    terrimonster and MelissaY1 like this.
  11. Animal31 Active Member

Is there even a point to this anymore? Two things to kill any friendship are politics and religion, neither really seem to have anything to do with Kevin Clash's situation...
  12. inturnaround Member

You're confusing "needs" with "should".
  13. FellowWLover Member

Agreed!
  14. dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Hey everyone! I know that this has been a huge blow for everyone, and that this year has been a tuff one for Muppet Fans. Thats why over in the Family and friends section I'm throwing a Christmas party.
    I think we need to step away from all of this for a little bit, and just be silly!
    So bring yourselfs your sillyness and your furitcakes and have some fun

http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/...et-central-christmas-party.53390/#post-987734

Oh and watch out for that icy patch!
    Muppet fan 123 and Mo Frackle like this.
  15. heralde Well-Known Member

No I'm not; I think we just disagree.
    terrimonster likes this.
  16. dwmckim Well-Known Member

mupcollector1 and beaker like this.
  17. BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

I just realized while decorating my tree today next time I'm at Carlton Cards I should pick up this year's talking'singing/whatever it does Elmo ornament. For all we know it could be the last one to have Kevin's voice.
  18. SSLFan Well-Known Member

19. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Now Kevin's scandal has been featured in an article in this week's issue of People magazine.

While the article seems a little ambiguous, and doesn't really side with either the accusers, or Kevin, but I AM glad that at least we finally have a few words from some of Kevin's colleagues, regarding this situation.

According to the article, Marty Robinson says, "Kevin is one of the most creative, wonderful, most prepared people I've ever had the pleasure to work with."

Likewise, Fran Brill says, "I have serious questions about these allegations. Kevin has been brilliant, funny, caring, and completely consumed with maintaining the excellence of Sesame Street."

Of course, unfortunately, the accusers are upping their ante as well; Shelbum is says that him being a liar and an extortionist is a big misconception, meanwhile, DLLAL (who now claims to be a criminal psychology major) says Kevin needs to be thrown in jail.
  20. Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.