1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Elmo on Hollywood Squares April 12-16

Discussion in 'Sesame Appearances' started by Philo and Gunge, Apr 12, 2004.

1. Elmo is on Hollywood Squares this week! At least in my area.
  2. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

Yep. I've noticed that too. I didn't know until just now. In fact my local station was going to televise a ball game, but that got postponed because of the weather. I guess now I'm glad that happened. Lol.

By the way, does anyone happen to know if this is a new episode or if this week is just repeats? :confused:
  3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I can only see this Wedsday and Friday due to my late class scheduals.

You know, a lot of SS fans hate Elmo, but I gotta admit, I'm really startin' to like the guy. I do not like kids, ironically, but he's a great role model for the youngest of the young (ecept for talking in the third person).

That said, I feel Elmo outside of Sesame Street is ALWAYS great to see. Kevin is not bound by scripts nor the whole scene of Sesame Street, so he always does great improvising and experiments with the character, making him much more adorable outside of SS than inside. I feel the same about Bear.... with all Muppets, Improvised bits are better than their regular ones.
  4. It's new, they mechoned the 35th anniversery. I only taped the Elmo parts.

Wow, first Elmo this week. Now we got Rod next week.
  5. Daffyfan2003

Yeah. I've noticed that too. They said that the 35th season of SS already started, so it couldn't have been a rerun. I think what confused me was that I thought Martin Mull was regularly the center square, so I thought since Alec Baldwin was in the center it might have been a repeat, but apparently it isn't.

Lol. I agree. Those are really good. I especially liked at the end of yesterday's show when Elmo was with that tough guy, then he said....

"This is what happens when you give Elmo juice." That was funny. I wish I would have seen the one where Whoopi 'taught him a four-letter word.'
  6. I feel bad for Elmo today, he was only asked one question. :cry: The Muppets on that show are treated like ****. But at least he was the secret square.
  7. Tera

Tera New Member

"You know, a lot of SS fans hate Elmo, but I gotta admit, I'm really startin' to like the guy"

I agree. I didn't like Elmo at first - he came to SS way after my time, so I always saw him as an annoying upstart. I also dislike how much screen time they give him; I want SS to be an ensemble show, not an Elmo-fest.

That said, I really started liking him after Muppetfest. Kevin was amazing in person! I do like him now, tho' not as much as the Classic characters. It's a good thing I do like him, since my daughter is 2 and calls all Muppets 'Elmo'. :)
  8. Daffyfan2003

Yeah. I liked the look on his face when he heard the secret square alarm: "You gotta tell Elmo when you do that."

I also liked at the end of today's show when he said to Daisy Fuentas "Let's go and have a baby."
  9. Daffyfan2003

So what happened with Elmo on tonights show? I didn't see it because...

A. I was out last night
    B. Even if I had been there it would have been pre-empted where I live because of a ball game

Well, enough about my personal life. Lol.
  10. My station showed an auto show. :mad:
  11. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Isn't there a channel that reaires them at a later time. Like Hollywood Squares don't come on until 11:00 which I'm at work. I could watch them while I do work but I we only turn on when we our boss says its alright. I just remember when we got our Dish that I would know that the episodes would air at 11:00 central time on realuer cable but then on another channel (Dish Network) it would reair at 7:00 or 7:30. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
  12. Gonzwella

Gonzwella New Member

I saw some Elmo in Hollywood Squares. He was chewing on someone's arm. It was really funny. You could tell the guy doing his voice was totally cracking up. It was really funny. :) :) :)
  13. bigbirdfan

bigbirdfan New Member

i feel sad about that too :cry: it is true they treat the muppets on that show like sh :mad: :mad:
  14. erniebert1234ss

erniebert1234ss Active Member

that is absolutely true. When Gonzo was on HS, they treated him like an alien, which he was. They only called on him twice, once he was the secret square. They do treat the Muppets like sh :concern: :concern: !

BJ
  15. Daffyfan2003

What's Shmisspiggy and shgonzo anyway? Is Hollywood Squares still on the air? My local station doesn't air it anymore because of a new local news broadcast so I was wondering.
  16. erniebert1234ss

erniebert1234ss Active Member

it's a funny way of censoring out the bad stuff, if u know what I mean, jellybean.

BJ
  17. Daffyfan2003

Lol. Yeah. I knew that. I was just joking.
  18. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

The mental visual of the day. :D RATINGS! :excited:
  19. bigbirdfan

bigbirdfan New Member

i was saing a bad word but i used miss piggy icons