Elmo or Cliford

dwayne1115

Reaction score
i think kevin has done a great job . becaus he is a regular on SS elmo is the Star of SS but he has also becom cliford with the regular muppets thats good becaues look at some of the others like carol spinnly all he does is work with SS thats where he stared and has been there all the time but kevin has the flexabilitay to move around . he has done a great job and doing more voices the beter the step on the muppet lader the same as bill birata i know i speeled it wrong. good job kevin and keep up the good work. :zany:

Luke

Reaction score
My answer to this thread is 'neither' - Kevin Clash performs the most annoying and basic Muppets in the history of the universe. I always thought it was because his range was awful and he was very limited but people in the know seem to think that he does have a good range and is just being pigeonholed into staying with Elmo. I'm sure he's a nice guy though and we've yet to really see whether he's done a good job for Henson in developing new talent but he really is last in line when they are handing out good characters.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

Kevin does have a wide vocal range, But it seems like nowadays its only used on Elmo and sometimes Clifford.

Back in the old days Kevin would perform lots of characters with really different voices. Check out Leon in The Jim Henson Hour or Polly Lobster in Muppet Treasure Island!
He also can do that High Pitched Joey Mazzarino voice too, Although thats really annoying to litsen to.

I say they give Kevin more roles, Or maybe it is Kevin and he needs to take on more?

see ya

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Didn't Kev take over Sam Eagle or some other classic characters?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
wow im suprised at this out come i think he is still young in the eyes of the muppets as a carituer he just need to explore more into what he can or can not do i mean look at Erick he just satred doing Cockie monster and now is helping Frank do most of his muppets. i say just give him more time . some take more time then others to get there tone right and yes elmos voice is very very anoying i would rather have all my theeth pulled out put back in and pulled out agin then have to listen to elom talk for an hour!!!! and thats preety ruff let me tell you from Expirinance. thank about it and youll get it but just give kevin some more time and he will ethier do more or just stay the way he is but with all the changes to come for JHC and the Mupppets im sure somthing will change for him as well.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I dig Kev Clash, and Elmo, and after seeing more of MT Clifford! I think he's a great actor, performer and--well, you have to be good at it if they make you "Muppet Captain."

Beauregard

Reaction score
I'd say ClifF over Elmo any day. Clifford rocks!!!

Luke

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Didn't Kev take over Sam Eagle or some other classic characters?
No, he just looped the Sam voice. Why Kevin looped instead of Frank i would have absolutely no idea. Some people would jump on the 'Frank Is Busy' bandwagon but they can loop voices remotely via ISDN line so in reality either he cost too much, Kevin has officially taken over Sam's muppeteering as well and he was the one who was too busy, or it's yet more proof of a break between Frank and JHC (not JHF or SW).

Secret Squirrel

Reaction score
Luke. "No, he just looped the Sam voice. Why Kevin looped instead of Frank i would have absolutely no idea. Some people would jump on the 'Frank Is Busy' bandwagon but they can loop voices remotely via ISDN line so in reality either he cost too much, Kevin has officially taken over Sam's muppeteering as well and he was the one who was too busy, or it's yet more proof of a break between Frank and JHC (not JHF or SW)."

I'm sorry, but you don't know what you are talking about.

secret squirrel

Luke

Reaction score
Secret Squirrel said:
I'm sorry, but you don't know what you are talking about.
Well i'm not the one puppeteering on Sesame Street am i ? Maybe you can explain - why did Kevin loop the voice instead of Frank on this occasion ? I'm interested to know if it was another one of these occasions where Frank was "busy" or if Kevin has taken over his character in the same way Eric has ? I think it's a fair question - I realise Eric was available on the set to puppeteer Piggy etc but Kevin wasn't and it's never really been explained why he was the one to do that voice. As i said, i had no idea, i wasn't trying to sound like i knew what i was talking about.