Elmo phone contraversy

dwayne1115

Reaction score
456 witch is the button people press when he says that.

MWoO

Reaction score
Honestly if people think it is saying "Let's have sex" they simply have over active imaginations. It's not even close. I mean the 6 could be mistaken for the word sex, but even that is a stretch. Do parents really have nothing better to do?

It reminds me of the joke where a therapist shows his patient ink blots and asks what he sees. The first one he see's two people having sex. In the next one he sees two people having sex. In the 3rd one he sees two people having sex. The therapist says "You have an obsession with sex" and the patient says "You're the one showing me all the dirty pictures!".

Silly parents dirty minded parents.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Honestly if people think it is saying "Let's have sex" they simply have over active imaginations. It's not even close. I mean the 6 could be mistaken for the word sex, but even that is a stretch. Do parents really have nothing better to do?

It reminds me of the joke where a therapist shows his patient ink blots and asks what he sees. The first one he see's two people having sex. In the next one he sees two people having sex. In the 3rd one he sees two people having sex. The therapist says "You have an obsession with sex" and the patient says "You're the one showing me all the dirty pictures!".

Silly parents dirty minded parents.
HAHA that was funny. I think that people just want something to talk about and give Sesame Street and Elmo a bad name.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh man... first it was that "Who wants to Die" stuff, then the "Kill James" bit, and the "Rip Elmo's Fur out" (which came out of the speaker of one of the lead covered toys, and that bit went unnoticed for a year) thing. We NEED to come up with new speaker technology people.

What we have is yet another example of what happens when you take a sound file, condense it to the lowest memory size possible, and have it come out of 20 cents worth of speaker. It comes out fuzzy and bad and garbled. Try it yourself. Take one of the song files on your computer, copy it, put the copy into a sound editing program, and then get the file as low as you possibly can. You lost most the musical instruments, the singer sounds like he's singing with a sweater in his mouth... and you can't tell what they're saying. Same thing here.

MWoO

Reaction score
I think the problem has more to to with parents over reacting to their own imaginations than it has to do with poor speakers.

zns

Reaction score
I think the problem has more to to with parents over reacting to their own imaginations than it has to do with poor speakers.
Amen. We have too many parents these days who depend on toys and television to babysit their children. If they would just try to monitor everything that their kids do and try to set them up in the right direction, we wouldn't have any issues such as this. I know that if I ever become a father some day, I would want to give my kids all the love and respect they deserve without being completely overprotective.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You can hear anything you can possibly imagine if "Phhhppppmmmmph Phmmmpttt Plllbbbbtk Phhhhfffffpt" comes out of those things! I remember several cheap speaker toys my cousin had that muttered utter gibberish. A pinball machine that supposedly said "Spider Sense Tingling" came out "How much is Penguin". A Marvel action figure is quoted as saying "Kicky Boob shot" instead of "Take your Best shot" (what it was supposed to say).

But I agree... too many of these parents have wild imaginations and dirty minds to hear "filth" come out of "Grrrrffffffnnnnnffffffpphh Elmo Phhhfffttt pttt xt!"